Another FP+ question.... Sharing

twinfo3728

Check the weekends, you can reserve "special spots" for the 3:00 MK parade and Illuminations then. I did both but did not try FLK. For Wishes we did the Dessert Party. Best Wishes view ever and I think I gained 10 pounds. :eek:
As for using other family members bands a lot of time the CM would say hello or thank you Becky as that is displayed for the CM. Johnny Cash could get away with being called "A Boy Named Sue" but not sure of other males. ;)
I didn't try a weekend. I will try that. Thanks!

flynnibus

Premium Member
The whole group does not have to have the same Fastpasses.

No, but the old advantage was to get more FPs for those that won't ride. It's like using your grandmother's pass to get an extra FP so little johnny can ride twice instead of just once. Individualizing FP for each member doesn't change the restriction that little johnny is only allowed one FP+ per attraction. But swapping bands as you suggest does get the same benefit as before..

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As for using other family members bands a lot of time the CM would say hello or thank you Becky as that is displayed for the CM. Johnny Cash could get away with being called "A Boy Named Sue" but not sure of other males. ;)

My son used my MagicBand (see my post above) and got a quizzical look from the CM, but was allowed on through.

twinfo3728

The names of the people whose bands they are are printed there, so presumably the OP was just blocking them out for privacy reasons.

-Rob
Oh, good thinking! What about the cord looking thing. We don't have to charge them or sync the do we? Thanks!

Joshua&CalebDad

What's the yellow band in front and the grey cord looking thing under/inside the box?
The yellow band was sticky notes that I used to cover up our names. Your name will appear on the box in front of the band that was customized for you. I was being protective.

The grey cord inside the box is the outside part of the Magic Bands, which I pulled off in order for the bands to fit my sons. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away just yet. Don't ask me why. :p

Rob562

And to answer the question about charging, the Bands have a non-replaceable/non-rechargeable battery sealed inside that's good for at least 3 years. But it's just used for the long-range uses of the Band like the planned interactive queue and attraction features.

The tickets, FP+, room charging, etc aspects of the Bands are not powered (which is why you have to get it right up to the reader) and thus are theoretically good indefinitely. So even if the battery dies in your Band, most of the functionality will still work.

-Rob

twinfo3728

The yellow band was sticky notes that I used to cover up our names. Your name will appear on the box in front of the band that was customized for you. I was being protective.

The grey cord inside the box is the outside part of the Magic Bands, which I pulled off in order for the bands to fit my sons. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away just yet. Don't ask me why. :p
I understand protective :) thank you for sharing the pic and the info. I hope you have a magical time!

twinfo3728

The grey bands was the part of the band that I pulled off in order to make the bands smaller for my sons, they are 4 and 6. The bands are meant to do this.

One more question if I may, how far in advance of your departure did you receive the bands? The trip is a surprise for our DS7 in October and want to keep my eye for them arriving to run interference. Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
One more question if I may, how far in advance of your departure did you receive the bands? The trip is a surprise for our DS7 in October and want to keep my eye for them arriving to run interference. Thanks!
The bands arrive within two days of placing your custom order. Ours arrived via UPS. My sister-in-law ordered her bands on Tuesday and they arrived on Thursday.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No I did not; it was left on my front porch.
Yep, I didn't have to sign for mine either.

Though, they did take longer than 2 days. They were delivered by UPS. Disney called me (it was weird to get a 407 number!) to confirm delivery address, etc...the day before shipping.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yep, I didn't have to sign for mine either.

Though, they did take longer than 2 days. They were delivered by UPS. Disney called me (it was weird to get a 407 number!) to confirm delivery address, etc...the day before shipping.
I didn't get called, the bands just appeared!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I didn't get called, the bands just appeared!
I'd imagine it had to do with my testing group / time of year. Disney never contacted me in advance about testing, just one day the MB and FP options showed up in MyDisneyExperience. I couldn't even tell you exactly when, because I only noticed it a few weeks out when I was running through the plans and logged in and noted the new options...

Anyhow, what makes me think it wasn't standard practice was that Disney called me...a lot. I got the call before the bands. I got a call the day of delivery. I got a call a few days out from the trip. Etc...

I've read other's experiences and never heard anyone mention they were called (not emailed...called) so much during testing.

Maybe because I was staying club level at Contemporary?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The MagicBand and FP+ info appeared in MDE a couple of days before I received the invite letter to be part of the test. The same day I received the letter (delivered via UPS) I received an email with the exact same information. But once I customized our MagicBands and picked our FP+, I did not hear anything else from Disney. The bands just showed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom