Another FP+ question.... Sharing

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
Ok so I just realized an issue with FP+....

My family gets 4 fast passes for Thrill rides (me, DH, DS9, DS4) but only 2 of us can use them so we ride twice.

How will this work for FP+?

My DH can't go on rides with speed or drops since he had cancer and passes out so I have to take DS9 on everything while DH watches our little one.

Ahhhh. I may really hate FP+!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ok so I just realized an issue with FP+....

My family gets 4 fast passes for Thrill rides (me, DH, DS9, DS4) but only 2 of us can use them so we ride twice.

How will this work for FP+?

My DH can't go on rides with speed or drops since he had cancer and passes out so I have to take DS9 on everything while DH watches our little one.

Ahhhh. I may really hate FP+!

it will not FP- is tied to admission media (Yes it is a Fastpass Minus) Sorry

jkl2000

^ Something like that, or just swapping bands, ought to be allowed, as you've paid for admission for everyone so should be able to utilize all the Fastpasses.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My son used my MagicBand to ride Test Track without any issues (even though I'm his mom!) And you don't actually have to wear the band...my husband hated his and just kept it in his pocket. He pulled it out whenever he needed to use it, holding it in his hand to scan it.

Weather_Lady

You can switch the bands, OR change the individualized Fastpass selections for each person on the website. The whole group does not have to have the same Fastpasses.

twinfo3728

I have a question about FastPass+ and MagicBands, can you reserve spots for parades and shows (fireworks, Festival of the Lion King, etc)? I have tried on my ipad and cannot see where I can reserve a spot for parades. I see the thrill rides. I am I missing the obvious? Thanks! :)
BTW, I would either switch bands or just not worry about using it for your kids (depending on the ride, etc). I too have having some trouble with the FastPass+ right now. Good Luck!

Joshua&CalebDad

I was wondering how easy they come on and off. I really think I am going to hate these bands.... Sigh.

The bands are meant to be taken on and off so it shouldn't be an issue. I think you will be fine just switching bands with your spouse.

Try to think happy thoughts until you at least have the chance to try them.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
The bands are meant to be taken on and off so it shouldn't be an issue. I think you will be fine just switching bands with your spouse.

Try to think happy thoughts until you at least have the chance to try them.
That is what I am doing! I figured it doesn't matter what I think ;). I am sure it will be fine once they figure it out.

Joshua&CalebDad

That is what I am doing! I figured it doesn't matter what I think ;). I am sure it will be fine once they figure it out.

I just got these in the mail today and thought I would share...

Magic Band 1
on Flickr

Magic Band 2
on Flickr

Magic Band 3
on Flickr

The bands were very easy to take on and off. Another tid bit of information is that if you look at the picture of me wearing my band you will notice a grey strip that runs along the outside of the band. The grey strip is on every Magic Band and can be removed in order to make the band smaller for younger children. I have two DS, ages 4 and 6, and had to do it for them in order to get a better fit. It was really easy to do.

Becky

I have a question about FastPass+ and MagicBands, can you reserve spots for parades and shows (fireworks, Festival of the Lion King, etc)? I have tried on my ipad and cannot see where I can reserve a spot for parades. I see the thrill rides. I am I missing the obvious? Thanks! :)
BTW, I would either switch bands or just not worry about using it for your kids (depending on the ride, etc). I too have having some trouble with the FastPass+ right now. Good Luck!

Check the weekends, you can reserve "special spots" for the 3:00 MK parade and Illuminations then. I did both but did not try FLK. For Wishes we did the Dessert Party. Best Wishes view ever and I think I gained 10 pounds. :eek:
As for using other family members bands a lot of time the CM would say hello or thank you Becky as that is displayed for the CM. Johnny Cash could get away with being called "A Boy Named Sue" but not sure of other males. ;)

twinfo3728

I just got these in the mail today and thought I would share...

Magic Band 1
on Flickr

Magic Band 2
on Flickr

Magic Band 3
on Flickr

The bands were very easy to take on and off. Another tid bit of information is that if you look at the picture of me wearing my band you will notice a grey strip that runs along the outside of the band. The grey strip is on every Magic Band and can be removed in order to make the band smaller for younger children. I have two DS, ages 4 and 6, and had to do it for them in order to get a better fit. It was really easy to do.
What's the yellow band in front and the grey cord looking thing under/inside the box?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom