News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I'm not quite sure I fully understand your point. Scotland could very well have a vote in the not so distant future where one of the outcomes is that they are no longer part of the UK. Having a heavily Scottish based attraction in the UK Pavilion when the UK only includes England, Wales and Northern Island won't work and would actually annoy many Scottish and British people if that happened to be the case.

Saying all that, it probably makes more sense than Frozen in Norway so I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
Don't panic Scotland isn't going anywhere.

Fox&Hound

Uhhh...what?

I mean that the source material for "Splash Mountain" is forgotten by most and abhorred by many due to its racial depictions of African Americans, however, the ride that was inspired by the movie is a classic E-ticket beloved by many. I was saying that I would hope the same could be done with a Brave-inspired ride- make a great ride/attraction out of a less than stellar/polarizing film.

matt9112

I am currently sans-RX-7 at this point, but I have owned many (79, 85, two 86's, 91 and 94 model years). Now waiting on the next version as long as it doesn't have 4 doors. Waiting for Mazda to announce their next rotary powered vehicle is like this waiting on someone in this thread to break the ice on what this new ride is...

except a new ride isn't facing impossible emissions requirements hahahah. I hope Mazda nails it but I hope Mazda doesn't pull a Nissan and bring it back to life for just shy of 6 figures.....

disneygeek90

I mean that the source material for "Splash Mountain" is forgotten by most and abhorred by many due to its racial depictions of African Americans, however, the ride that was inspired by the movie is a classic E-ticket beloved by many. I was saying that I would hope the same could be done with a Brave-inspired ride- make a great ride/attraction out of a less than stellar/polarizing film.
Brave and SotS are not even on the same stratosphere when it comes to "polarizing" films imo.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I mean that the source material for "Splash Mountain" is forgotten by most and abhorred by many due to its racial depictions of African Americans,

I always struggle with this, this thread is probably not the place to discuss and I know it's probably been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere on these boards, but I disagree with the statement (though it is probably abhorred by many who don't want to watch or acknowledge the movie before harping on it). Here is a good read on the topic:
http://www.theforbidden-zone.com/scrolls/songofthesouth.shtml

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have said it a million times...they really need to purpose build an all new Peter Pan show building, double tracked the way Toad was...so the ride tracks could actually share the different show rooms...the way Toad did in the town square setting. For what is arguably the most popular ride in the Magic Kingdom. they should do something really spectacular with it, and include a Neverland play area and proper Tink meet and greet at the exit...bye bye Circus tents, Hello Neverland...Pirate ship and all! Now THAT would be a fitting addition for the 50th!!
It would have cost a lot less than an electronic guest tracking system... ;)

crxbrett

I think Adventureland is the only real bottleneck of it's type in the park, but that park is intimate and detailed and lovely...

The entrance to Tomorrowland is worse. When they stupidly relocated the rockets there it ruined the entrance and created the worst bottleneck in the park. Getting through Tomorrowland at DL on a crowded day is pure hell.

Fox&Hound

Brave and SotS are not even on the same stratosphere when it comes to "polarizing" films imo.

Oh I completely agree with you. I was not suggesting they were- I was just trying to make the point that a great ride/attraction can come from a less than stellar movie. Depsite how people feel about Song of the South, its not like it is a cult favorite and people watch it all the time.

disneygeek90

Oh I completely agree with you. I was not suggesting they were- I was just trying to make the point that a great ride/attraction can come from a less than stellar movie. Depsite how people feel about Song of the South, its not like it is a cult favorite and people watch it all the time.
Absolutely. There's quite a few on here that said Avatar didn't have the following to carry a land... and here we are.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I wouldn't believe anything until dirt moves. Even then, dirt has been known to move before coming to an indefinite halt.

Like the Mermaid has shown us, a great movie doesn't necessarily translate into a great attraction. That ball is 100% in WDI's court.
So if it based on Brave we can expect a mediocre ride ?

MotherOfBirds

Indeed. Brave is polarizing because it had multiple changes in story and leadership waaaay too late in the game and thus resembles a kind of movie-loaf. SotS is polarizing for reasons I hope I dont have to explain.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Or at least upgraded a la double-up with another track. TSMM is hugely popular, but Peter Pan deserves the attention more.

I don't know how anyone can queue an hour for Pan and come off it not being severely underwhelmed and disappointed at the experience, beyond nostalgia. It's a great concept but short, and if it's short it needs to wow...plastic models don't cut it in this day and age.

Orlando's really should be upgraded to the DLP version at a minimum with the double pirate ship vehicles. It would greatly increase capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom