News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Kman101

I have said it a million times...they really need to purpose build an all new Peter Pan show building, double tracked the way Toad was...so the ride tracks could actually share the different show rooms...the way Toad did in the town square setting. For what is arguably the most popular ride in the Magic Kingdom. they should do something really spectacular with it, and include a Neverland play area and proper Tink meet and greet at the exit...bye bye Circus tents, Hello Neverland...Pirate ship and all! Now THAT would be a fitting addition for the 50th!!

YES PLEASE!

And LOL at this back and forth on Brave/Merida. Sheesh!

bclane

I have said it a million times...they really need to purpose build an all new Peter Pan show building, double tracked the way Toad was...so the ride tracks could actually share the different show rooms...the way Toad did in the town square setting. For what is arguably the most popular ride in the Magic Kingdom. they should do something really spectacular with it, and include a Neverland play area and proper Tink meet and greet at the exit...bye bye Circus tents, Hello Neverland...Pirate ship and all! Now THAT would be a fitting addition for the 50th!!
I love it! I could also be very happy if they kept the original ride in MK (call it classic Peter Pan if you will) and build an all new fully realized Neverland show building in the UK in Epcot. Take off from London and fly to Neverland for an all super high tech dark ride adventure that is not a retelling of the original story but is a new story set in Neverland.

The Empress Lilly

Pan derives much of its appeal from its quaintness and charm. A newbuild Pan, or dueling Pans, would lose some of that appeal the same way Dumbo lost appeal when that ride's gimmick of soarin over Fantasyland was gone. You can design a terrific modern Pan ride (kuka arm hanging on suspended coaster track!), but it won't be this Pan, which is popular partly because of being old-fashioned (=innocent), outdated (=nostalgic), and with small footprint (compact little people scale).

And there is an entire land build around Pan already, with toon characters roaming around and kiddie rides and other charming dark rides to share the burden. Or rather, some bits are left in between the parking lots, rockworkz and bizarre toontown toilets.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
No, Elinor is visibly very sick and seems poisoned (gagging even). She even falls off the bed and appears to pass out and Merida STILL doesn't show any concern and snaps with "well i'll just go and say the wedding is canceled". And when she sees her mother has turned into a bear, she doesn't even really care. She's just "aw man, that witch was having a laugh, don't blame me it's not my fault".

I've never seen Brave. It looks dreadful.

BrianLo

Pan derives much of its appeal from its quaintness and charm. A newbuild Pan, or dueling Pans, would lose some of that appeal the same way Dumbo lost appeal when that ride's gimmick of soarin over Fantasyland was gone. You can design a terrific modern Pan ride (kuka arm hanging on suspended coaster track!), but it won't be this Pan, which is popular partly because of being old-fashioned (=innocent), outdated (=nostalgic), and with small footprint (compact little people scale).

And there is an entire land build around Pan already, with toon characters roaming around and kiddie rides and other charming dark rides to share the burden. Or rather, some bits are left in between the parking lots, rockworkz and bizarre toontown toilets.

The SDL version is infinitely superior to all the others. There is certainly a reasonable way of increasing capacity and modernizing without losing the original charm, as it clearly demonstrated.

There really is no excuse to keep rides outdated and old fashioned. That’s just fans fearful of change (which could easily be for the worse), but it’s the fear that allowed WDW to grow complacent and leave things to rot.

EricsBiscuit

The Shanghai PPF was amazing. AAs, not figures. Cool projections and scenes. Only disappointing in regards to how London is flat compared to 3D in Orlando. I don't understand why only ours is like that. Anyway, the queue line was nice especially the indoor part. The capacity was also increased because you were sending two ships with two rows each off at a time. Overall a really great attraction!

Gatorboy

I'm not quite sure I fully understand your point. Scotland could very well have a vote in the not so distant future where one of the outcomes is that they are no longer part of the UK. Having a heavily Scottish based attraction in the UK Pavilion when the UK only includes England, Wales and Northern Island won't work and would actually annoy many Scottish and British people if that happened to be the case.

Easy fix, change the name to the British Isles Pavilion.

andysol

Imagine if Disney bought the rights to HP. I could see the school sitting up high above the UK pavilion.
Thank God they didn't.

Not only would it not be nearly as good as what it is currently, but say goodbye to Pandora, SW:GE (as we know it), and a plethora of other additions. HP, almost single handedly, is responsible for pushing WDW to this second "golden age" that we are about to experience.

Lest we not forget Mickey Skywalker and Darth Goofy were walking around just a few years ago.

matt9112

yeah but I think Disney boxed themselves in. you could cannibalize the circus but with dumbo being over there and IMHO well done I don't think that's likely. The tangled restroom area also took alot of potential space away. I hate to fuel unrealistic fan theory crafting but IASW could move and boom pan jumps the street with a new grand ride system and building and the current location could become any number of things. in theory they could expand current building upwards. make ride two story per say upper story could have the high flying show scenes and the lower route would be the more intimate scenes. change ride system to fit 8 people or so per car and maybe add separate load and boom. granted that idea would be ungodly expensive and potentially destroy sightlines.

matt9112

Thank God they didn't.

Not only would it not be nearly as good as what it is currently, but say goodbye to Pandora, SW:GE (as we know it), and a plethora of other additions. HP, almost single handedly, is responsible for pushing WDW to this second "golden age" that we are about to experience.

Lest we not forget Mickey Skywalker and Darth Goofy were walking around just a few years ago.

I hope your right about this golden age.

UpAllNight

The SDL version is infinitely superior to all the others. There is certainly a reasonable way of increasing capacity and modernizing without losing the original charm, as it clearly demonstrated.

There really is no excuse to keep rides outdated and old fashioned. That’s just fans fearful of change (which could easily be for the worse), but it’s the fear that allowed WDW to grow complacent and leave things to rot.

I don't know how anyone can queue an hour for Pan and come off it not being severely underwhelmed and disappointed at the experience, beyond nostalgia. It's a great concept but short, and if it's short it needs to wow...plastic models don't cut it in this day and age.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Mich do you own an rx7?

I am currently sans-RX-7 at this point, but I have owned many (79, 85, two 86's, 91 and 94 model years). Now waiting on the next version as long as it doesn't have 4 doors. Waiting for Mazda to announce their next rotary powered vehicle is like this waiting on someone in this thread to break the ice on what this new ride is...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom