Anna and Elsa at Ankershus?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
YEP! SURE DID!
In your post, you managed to count, put in numerical order all my sins. Surely, you realize my "let it go" comment was in jest. If not, then there are bigger issues at state. I did not "lash out" at anyone. I simply asked that the comments that are being posted, not be responded to with such attitude. A simple comment was made about the "Elsa/Norway" topic, and the poster was ridiculed. Why? Every time I come on here there are always "Disney Bullies"! That's sad on so many levels. I will end my comments now, because giving anymore of my time to this silliness is a waste. That's what bullies want.
Self victimization followed by a threat to leave. How original.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
YEP! SURE DID!
In your post, you managed to count, put in numerical order all my sins. Surely, you realize my "let it go" comment was in jest. If not, then there are bigger issues at state. I did not "lash out" at anyone. I simply asked that the comments that are being posted, not be responded to with such attitude. A simple comment was made about the "Elsa/Norway" topic, and the poster was ridiculed. Why? Every time I come on here there are always "Disney Bullies"! That's sad on so many levels. I will end my comments now, because giving anymore of my time to this silliness is a waste. That's what bullies want.

I don't see any post where someone "ridiculed" anyone else. Disagreeing with someone is different from lashing out.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
YES, for the love of God, there are things that need updated. I get it!

I agree, there are several things that need an overhaul

This is a great example of where the misunderstanding begins.

You only see a cosmetic issue such as upgrades or overhauls, but to others, (the ones you whine about) the real problem lies behind the closed doors and offices of the current regime whose only real strength in the theme park business is taking the path of least resistance to squeeze every dollar out of their customers and inflate their own salary/bonus through stock buybacks, budget cuts and time share construction and they allow the nostalgia coupled with mediocre offerings hyped up by buzzwords to keep guests entertained. Upgrades or overhauls are only byproducts born of their poor decision making.

The problem is within. You cant put a band aid on a broken leg to fix it, but somehow they get applauded for it.

seahawk7

So does anyone think that eventually the other princesses will be pushed out of Akershus and all the character meals will be strictly Frozen related? I could see them doing a picture at the front with Olaf.

Bcakd

This is a great example of where the misunderstanding begins.

You only see a cosmetic issue such as upgrades or overhauls, but to others, (the ones you whine about) the real problem lies behind the closed doors and offices of the current regime whose only real strength in the theme park business is taking the path of least resistance to squeeze every dollar out of their customers and inflate their own salary/bonus through stock buybacks, budget cuts and time share construction and they allow the nostalgia coupled with mediocre offerings hyped up by buzzwords to keep guests entertained. Upgrades or overhauls are only byproducts born of their poor decision making.

The problem is within. You cant put a band aid on a broken leg to fix it, but somehow they get applauded for it.
Oh! Ok, see I thought this was just a site where people come to talk and share info on ways to enjoy a theme park. I didn't realize it was the flipping Board Of Directors Meeting. My bad!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Self victimization followed by a threat to leave. How original.

Makes one wonder whether they are closet masochists - after all there are many 'Everything is Wonderful' threads on WDWMagic or the DIS board where criticism of Disney is not allowed by the mods, Used to post there a lot when I was still a pixie duster.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This right on the money. Because so many of us have money tied up with Disney either as hard earned vacation dollars or investments like DVC & stock. As you've pointed out, whether emotionally invested our of pure fandom, or financially invested, a business such as Disney needs to know when they do things right or wrong. Right means we spend money, wrong means we complain or critique. The reason we are so passionate about this topic is at some point the magic touched us and made us huge fans. I grew up watching "Uncle Walt" on TV and hoped one day I'd visit the parks that he had set such high standards for. Not realizing until I was older that he had passed, he had still touched the child in me and made me a life long fan. I hold the business to the level he had set with his animation teams, Imagineers, and everyone else on staff. That's what made all of it great!

Like many topics, there are often justifications and experiences behind what has soured people. I'm glad all your experiences have been pixie dust, or close to it. (I'm serious, not being snide.) Ours used to be as well, which made me a genuine fan of Disney Parks & Resorts for a long time. Then we had a few vacations in a row that made me skeptical of the Disney business plans. We used to do annual or more trips, but after experiences over the past years, have skipped a year here and there. I'm not just a vacationer but also an investor. I can say that only over the past few years have the "restoration to the glory days" begun with investments across all the properties. But there is still a lot to complain about when you are emotionally & financially invested in a business like Disney. Both personal and business aspects come into play. I have been very disappointed with how Disney has run their Parks & Resorts side of the business over the 8+ past years. As a Guest, you only know what is happening from the rumors here. Disney has been closing attractions left and right, with few to no announcements about why. That is, what's coming to replace it? Oddly, park entry continues to rise, thus driving value down. They didn't even wait until most of the work was done before raising prices across the board. So if you're invested in Disney, and you are as well from at least the emotional/fan perspective, you should want to push Disney to live up to the standards they set years ago. You should want them to stay "The Happiest place on Earth" and not become the "Pretty decent and better than Uni, but really expensive place on Earth".

I'm just amazed that in 3 pages, no one has jumped on you about having Stitch as your avatar and accused you of being a Stitch's Great Escape fan. :p You got off relatively easy. I know, I've paid my dues when I once coughed and it sounded like "I love the Adventurer's Club".

"asked a simple question...." Why, those is fightin' words on here pardner! ;):D

I think your comments describe why some of us are so critical, I've got 800 DVC points and stock purchased when WDW was run a lot differently than today, I've only become an outspoken critic since some distinctly UN-MAGICAL experiences which were entirely DISNEY's fault over the past 4 years, I used to be a pixie duster until the reality which is TODAYS DISNEY smacked me in the head. Frankly I'd like to go back to the pixie duster state.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Oh! Ok, see I thought this was just a site where people come to talk and share info on ways to enjoy a theme park. I didn't realize it was the flipping Board Of Directors Meeting. My bad!
So you thought this entire website which encapsulates every topic from News and Rumors to Employment is strictly to share info on how to enjoy the parks?

You better head over and police the college/international program threads and spew your vomit of displeasure for infraction of happy happy time, but take a xanax first so you dont have a stroke because they are discussing ghastly topics such as re-hire status or complaining about managers. The nerve of some people!! I suggest administering a swift kick in the teeth lest they continue to violate your personal policy any further.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I sort of understand your reactions now, you clearly had made incorrect assumptions about what these forums are like. Yes, you will find discussion of ways to enjoy the parks especially outside the News and Rumors threads, but you will also find a lot of in depth discussions here about how Disney does business.

Based on what you are looking for I would strongly recommend staying away from the Spirit threads. :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I sort of understand your reactions now, you clearly had made incorrect assumptions about what these forums are like. Yes, you will find discussion of ways to enjoy the parks especially outside the News and Rumors threads, but you will also find a lot of in depth discussions here about how Disney does business.

oh dear lord, please dont direct her to the Spirit threads. That would be like John Lithgow catching the kids dancing in Footloose. Oh the fury that would ensue...

lithgow.jpg

WildcatDen

There are other Disney message boards that are much more positive then this one. If you want frank, honest discussion of WDW, then this is the place to be, if you want non-stop pixie dust, it might not be.
There is a way to be critical of Disney and yet still be polite to others. Let me take a guess here, lifeboy - Soap Poisoning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom