Trip Report "And The Award For The Most Dramatic Goes To....."

Hi Friends!! Here I go again....with the sincere intent of not taking anywhere near as long as I did with the last one. To help with that I was going through my pics & seeing what I could eliminate & what really wouldn't be important to this. The sad thing is I took really good notes for this trip but in the interest of this TR not taking me 6 months to finish I may cut back a little on photos or commentary. Alright, enough said. Let me get moving with this!!

WHO:
Yes, it's going to be one of my more confusing TR's b/c there were 9 of us!! Sorry, I know I did that to you a few years back too!! The good news is you have met all of us except 1 before so hopefully it will be a bit easier this time around!!

There's my sister C & her husband, D. Their daughters are A(birthday button) & E(to my left). I assume you all remember R? And of course, you know E & J!! One of our nephews, JC(in the red) wanted to join us on the trip. We had the room so his mom(my sister) told him she would buy his airfare for his birthday but he was on his own for park tickets and spending money. He agreed & was added on to the trip!!
IMG_1072.JPG

Here's a more typical family picture that you're used to seeing from us🤣🤣🤣
IMG_1406.JPEG

WHERE:
Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_0960.JPEG

WHEN:
Tuesday, July 13th-Tuesday, July 20th for E, J, R, JC & myself
D, C, E, & A got there a week before us & stayed off property at their timeshare. They met us on the 13th & returned home on the 20th with us.

REASON FOR THE TITLE:
You'll see......

I dropped everyone off & parked the car. We met up at Penn Brewery for lunch.
IMG_0928.JPEG

R had gone to Hudson News for something & was irritated that they had to give him his change back in all nickels. They blamed it on the coin shortage.
IMG_0929.JPEG

I got grilled cheese with sauerkraut as my side. JC got grilled cheese but he added bacon to it. He said it was excellent!!
IMG_0930.JPEG

J got pretzel sticks & E got a salad. Not sure what R got & I didn't take a picture.
IMG_0932.JPEG

We all(the adults, that is) had some beers!!
IMG_0933.JPEG

JC(since his flight was booked later than ours) was on his own reservation. He lucked out by getting an A boarding group!!
IMG_0934.JPEG

R went with E & J for family boarding.
IMG_0935.JPEG

While I had to wait for B42.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the picture of J in Dinosaur -- with his unsure expression and his hand on his cousin's arm. Too cute.
Yet he acts like he's "big stuff" now b/c he will go on all these rides that he didn't for so long!! 🤣
After seeing your pictures and wait times, I really wish we had reversed our park days on Thursday and Friday! Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm really kicking myself for not switching them as soon as I found out when Food and Wine Festival was! I really wish we could have talked longer! Hopefully there will be a next time!! It's fun seeing what you guys did and comparing it to where we were in the parks ar the same time!
Who really knows?? Sometimes you expect one thing and it's another!!
I wish we could have too but I'm glad we were able to meet up!! I hope there is a next time also!!
Thanks for always sharing your trips. I don’t mind waiting for installments (though I can understand that maybe you dont like the feeling of it hanging over you) and it has been really fun over the years to see changes in J from trip to trip.
You're welcome & thanks for reading!! That's just it--if I don't feel like I'm updating in a timely fashion I feel like it's hanging over me!!
He has definitely changed a lot over the years!!
Shut It Down GIF by Matt Cutshall

Thanks for following through to the very end! I so enjoyed reading as always. While I look forward to your next one, don’t feel obligated to “catch up” with the other trips you’ve taken (unless you want to, of course!)
Thanks so much!! I had so many brief trips that I didn't take good notes for so I think I have decided to combine them into one. I was going to skip out of TR'ing(is that even a word🤣) them but there are certain reasons that make me want to do it. I feel like I should & enough time has passed now that I feel like I can & want to do it.
As usual, what a fun TR! Thank you for sharing all your photos and happy adventures with your family. :happy: P.S.: J's antics still make me laugh -- that kid is a riot! :joyfull:
Thanks so much for following along!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
He is a hoot!! Sometimes more than he should be!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Of course you are, you're @riverside!!!!!

Loved this report as always. Thanks for taking the time to share.
And just an observation, but it seems like you all do so well traveling with such a large group!
🤣 🤣 🤣You're too funny!! That was coming from the same niece that back in 2016 we were there & I ran the Wine & Dine 10K. At the time A would have been 5. Because I ran it she automatically thought that I "won" the race!! She kept telling everyone, "Aunt Patti won the race"!! Heck, I'm lucky I finished it!!🤣

Thank you for reading!!
Thanks--it actually did work out quite well!! There will be a repeat of pretty much the same crew this summer!!
I always enjoy your trip reports, no matter how long it takes you to finish! You have a lovely family.
Thank you so much!! I appreciate that!! It's always a fun time with them!!
Because I need things spelled out for me…

“And The Award For The Most Dramatic Goes To….”

A!

Ifc GIF
You got it!!
Between her breaking her glasses, pouting about riding the Peoplemover, crying about the cat, not wanting to do single rider on RNRC, her toe, having to RUN to the bathroom & the big one, getting her knee stuck she definitely was the winner!! I only came up with the title b/c of whatever it was that happened to my foot. I got to give credit to my BIL. It was b/c of what he said that the title was born!!
Loved your report as usual...can't wait to read the upcoming reports! I'm pretty sure you were the victim of no-see-ums. I got bitten at the quiet pool at Beach Club and they are really bad at Vero Beach.
Thank you so much!!
Thanks for that info. That's interesting. I was assuming that it was some kind of bug that was out in the woods since the treehouses are in a "woodsy" type setting. Now I'm nervous though--we're staying at the Beach Club this summer!! I better be proactive & pack repellent this time around!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Loved your big family trips like always! I wish my siblings loved WDW but I can’t ever get them interested in a trip. Looking forward to your next one!
Thank you very much!! That stinks but I do have a few that don't care for it. My youngest brother swears that he will never set foot on WDW property again!!
I've loved following along, thanks for sharing!
Thank you for following!! Now to work on the new one!!
2.5 months is shorter than 6 months so...

Drag Queen Singing GIF by Paramount+
I gotta admit-----I am!!;)
Loved it as always! I felt for poor A this trip, she had her share of bad luck.
Thank you!! Yes, she did(even though I still say the knee situation was hysterical!!). She also is a pretty sensitive girl so she tends to get worked up over little things.

cgersic

Love that you are "famous"!! The meetups are fantastic! As far as no-see-ums, normal insect repellant doesn't do the trick. For years, Avon's Skin So Soft has been a go to, but we've also found that Ben's brand keeps them at bay too. Thanks for continuing to keep us entertained, but please don't let it take the joy away by writing reports later. You know we will be reading no matter what you put out here! As for the title, nothing like young girls for drama!
Sassy Drama Queen GIF

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you, my friend!! 😘
Love that you are "famous"!! The meetups are fantastic! As far as no-see-ums, normal insect repellant doesn't do the trick. For years, Avon's Skin So Soft has been a go to, but we've also found that Ben's brand keeps them at bay too. Thanks for continuing to keep us entertained, but please don't let it take the joy away by writing reports later. You know we will be reading no matter what you put out here! As for the title, nothing like young girls for drama!
Sassy Drama Queen GIF
That was a funny comment on A's part. And she was dead serious when she asked the question!!
I always enjoy meetups!! I've been fortunate to have quite a few & have developed many great friendships as a result of them!!
Thanks for the info. I don't know anyone who sells Avon so I'll have to look at Ben's. Those things were no joke. My arms & legs were a mess for weeks. Not to mention how bad they itched also!!
Thank you so much. I appreciate that!!
You're so right--young girls are good for drama!!🤣

Songbird76

SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

Our ride pics from that day. I don't see A in either picture.
View attachment 617548

And can't understand why D is in a boat by himself?
View attachment 617549
If that's D in the back of the boat in the 2nd picture, I think A is with him. Look at the lady in the row in front of them on the right side of the picture. You can see a head behind her shoulder, and you can see just a tiny bit of D's red t-shirt sleeve behind her other shoulder, which would be a really awkward position for his arm to be in. I think he has his arm around A and she's leaning forward and looking to the side at whatever D is looking at there.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
If that's D in the back of the boat in the 2nd picture, I think A is with him. Look at the lady in the row in front of them on the right side of the picture. You can see a head behind her shoulder, and you can see just a tiny bit of D's red t-shirt sleeve behind her other shoulder, which would be a really awkward position for his arm to be in. I think he has his arm around A and she's leaning forward and looking to the side at whatever D is looking at there.
Thanks for the clarification!! I was there & didn't know who was where!! 🤣

lindawdw

I truly love reading your family TR's and this one was so fun! It was so cute that A asked if you were famous. 🥰 What a fun birthday A had and I'm sure you all made her feel so special. So sad seeing the ME bus pull up but you certainly had a lot more trips ahead of you. Thanks once again for sharing your wonderful adventures with us. <3

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I truly love reading your family TR's and this one was so fun! It was so cute that A asked if you were famous. 🥰 What a fun birthday A had and I'm sure you all made her feel so special. So sad seeing the ME bus pull up but you certainly had a lot more trips ahead of you. Thanks once again for sharing your wonderful adventures with us. <3
Thanks so much!! That was a pretty funny comment from her. I got a good laugh out of it!! This trip was a lot of fun--for all of us!! Thanks for following along!! 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom