Trip Report "And The Award For The Most Dramatic Goes To....."

Hi Friends!! Here I go again....with the sincere intent of not taking anywhere near as long as I did with the last one. To help with that I was going through my pics & seeing what I could eliminate & what really wouldn't be important to this. The sad thing is I took really good notes for this trip but in the interest of this TR not taking me 6 months to finish I may cut back a little on photos or commentary. Alright, enough said. Let me get moving with this!!

WHO:
Yes, it's going to be one of my more confusing TR's b/c there were 9 of us!! Sorry, I know I did that to you a few years back too!! The good news is you have met all of us except 1 before so hopefully it will be a bit easier this time around!!

There's my sister C & her husband, D. Their daughters are A(birthday button) & E(to my left). I assume you all remember R? And of course, you know E & J!! One of our nephews, JC(in the red) wanted to join us on the trip. We had the room so his mom(my sister) told him she would buy his airfare for his birthday but he was on his own for park tickets and spending money. He agreed & was added on to the trip!!
IMG_1072.JPG

Here's a more typical family picture that you're used to seeing from us🤣🤣🤣
IMG_1406.JPEG

WHERE:
Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_0960.JPEG

WHEN:
Tuesday, July 13th-Tuesday, July 20th for E, J, R, JC & myself
D, C, E, & A got there a week before us & stayed off property at their timeshare. They met us on the 13th & returned home on the 20th with us.

REASON FOR THE TITLE:
You'll see......

I dropped everyone off & parked the car. We met up at Penn Brewery for lunch.
IMG_0928.JPEG

R had gone to Hudson News for something & was irritated that they had to give him his change back in all nickels. They blamed it on the coin shortage.
IMG_0929.JPEG

I got grilled cheese with sauerkraut as my side. JC got grilled cheese but he added bacon to it. He said it was excellent!!
IMG_0930.JPEG

J got pretzel sticks & E got a salad. Not sure what R got & I didn't take a picture.
IMG_0932.JPEG

We all(the adults, that is) had some beers!!
IMG_0933.JPEG

JC(since his flight was booked later than ours) was on his own reservation. He lucked out by getting an A boarding group!!
IMG_0934.JPEG

R went with E & J for family boarding.
IMG_0935.JPEG

While I had to wait for B42.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

This was the morning that R & JC were playing golf. So they left about 6:15 for their 6:45 tee time. R sent me a few pictures.
IMG_1591.JPEG

IMG_1604.JPEG

IMG_1605.JPEG

In the meantime we headed to MK & they planned to meet us there later. While walking through the treehouse section out of nowhere I got the sharpest pain in my right foot. It felt like someone just took a needle right through it. The pain was so intense that I immediately fell to the ground & took my shoe off. Only to find absolutely nothing there!! It was totally bizarre!! Once everyone knew that I was fine(still don't know what that was all about) my BIL D said that I was just trying to outdo someone else in the family in the dramatic department!!

Wait times were a bit much when we got there.
IMG_1592.PNG

So the Tiki Room it was!!
IMG_1593.JPEG

IMG_1594.JPEG

IMG_1595.JPEG

After that luck was on our side!!
IMG_1596.JPEG

Pirates had dropped to 20 minutes!!
IMG_1597.JPEG

IMG_1599.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

Lunch was at Casey's!! R really likes the food there.
IMG_1601.JPEG

I like the corn dog nuggets.
IMG_1602.JPEG

We always try to sit on the opposite side in front of The Plaza. We seem to have better luck finding tables over there.
IMG_1603.JPEG

J & A split a kid's meal.
IMG_1606.JPEG

IMG_1608.JPEG

A cavalcade came through while we were eating.
IMG_1609.JPEG

As did the Main Street Philharmonic!!
IMG_1612.JPEG

The JC was next but I think R & JC had just got there so they were eating lunch then.
IMG_5602.JPEG

And I just realized that this pic is from the safari from the day before!!
IMG_8394.JPEG

IMG_1615.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

We went into Memento Mori where the CM was playing a game with the kids.
IMG_1619.JPEG

IMG_1621.JPEG

And he gave out stickers!!
IMG_1626.JPEG

BTMRR's wait had gone down quite a bit so we went there next. It was at this point that we met up with R & JC. JC told me that R doesn't know his way around the park!!
IMG_1628.JPEG

IMG_1629.JPEG

IMG_1630.JPEG

IMG_1632.JPEG

The wildest ride in the wilderness!!
IMG_1635.JPEG

We went to Haunted Mansion next.
IMG_1636.JPEG

Where we got stopped multiple times during our tour.
IMG_1637.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

We stopped for a drink & some food at the Tambu Lounge!!
IMG_1653.JPEG

We took up 2 tables!!
IMG_1654.JPEG

IMG_1655.JPEG

I couldn't take the itching anymore so I bought this Benadryl stick. Unfortunately, I don't think it helped much.
IMG_1656.JPEG

Yay!! Potstickers!!
IMG_1657.JPEG

IMG_1658.JPEG

IMG_1659.JPEG

IMG_1660.JPEG

@TheMouseFan & I had been texting back & forth over the last few days trying to meet up. As we were leaving they were getting there for their 'Ohana reservation. She noticed us walking down the steps from a distance & texted me. I turned around & headed right back up once I saw it. It was so nice to finally meet!! I felt bad b/c they were already seated for their dinner & I didn't want to take up too much of Amy's time!! Hopefully we can meet again & talk a little longer!!
IMG_1661.JPEG

I had asked E & J to come up with me so they all could meet. A was very curious about what was going on so she wanted to tagalong!!
IMG_1662.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

We walked over to The Grand Floridian next.
IMG_1665.JPEG

Our destination was the Enchanted Rose--the scene of the crime where A broke her glasses the week before!!
IMG_1666.JPEG

Again, we needed 2 tables.
IMG_1670.JPEG

IMG_1672.JPEG

R got some kind of drink with bourbon in it that he absolutely did not like.
IMG_1681.JPEG

I had a martini. They make very good martinis there!!
IMG_1682.JPEG

I think we pretty much got one of everything on their menu!!
IMG_1683.JPEG

IMG_1684.JPEG

IMG_1685.JPEG

IMG_1686.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

More food pics.....
IMG_1687.JPEG

IMG_1688.JPEG

I had ordered a second drink & it sat on that stand forever. It took all it had in me to not go over & get it myself!!
IMG_1691.JPEG

We took the monorail back to MK.
IMG_1693.JPEG

Notice we all have our masks on? Back in July the only time you had to wear them was when you were on Disney transportation. That changed by August for our next trip.
IMG_1694.JPEG

We're back--but we didn't go in!
IMG_1697.JPEG

While waiting for the bus we were teasing A & asking her if she could get her knee stuck a second time!!🤣
IMG_1699.JPEG

IMG_1700.JPEG

😍😍😍
IMG_1701.JPEG

Back to the treehouse!!
IMG_1703.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JULY 18TH

The kids watched tv for a bit after they got ready for bed.
IMG_1706.JPEG

A few of us sat outside again. What's a few more bug bites? The damage had already been done!!
IMG_1707.JPEG

Our ride pics from that day. I don't see A in either picture.
IMG_1739.JPG

And can't understand why D is in a boat by himself?
IMG_1740.JPG

As you can tell, none of us knew where the camera was!!
IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JULY 19TH

The birthday girl wanted to go to HS on her birthday!!
IMG_1714.JPEG

Our boarding group was called when we got there so we headed there first.
IMG_1715.JPEG

IMG_1717.JPEG

IMG_1718.JPEG

Yes, I know I'm wearing my Baseline shirt again but remember, there is a washer & dryer in the treehouses!!
IMG_1719.JPEG

A had wanted to go to Oga's for her birthday!!
IMG_1720.JPEG

IMG_1722.PNG

IMG_1723.PNG

IMG_1724.PNG

We had 2 reservations and there was a party standing in between us. Once they realized that we were all together they moved for us!! Very kind!!
IMG_1726.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JULY 19TH

My drink was The Outer Rim.
IMG_1728.JPEG

This was one of the kids.
IMG_1729.JPEG

And another one...
IMG_1730.JPEG

@Darstarr had wisely advised me that the Gold Squadron Lager was very good so I ordered that for my next drink.
IMG_1731.PNG

The appetizers here are amazing!! I have never had such good green onions before!! They had some kind of sea salt on them & they were out of this world!!
IMG_1732.JPEG

IMG_1734.JPEG

The beer was excellent also!!
IMG_1735.JPEG

From Batuu to Baseline!!
IMG_1738.JPEG

IMG_1749.JPEG

And we got our favorite table!!
IMG_1752.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JULY 19TH

After Baseline we took a spin with Slinky.
IMG_1747.JPG

Not sure where R's pic is.....
IMG_1748.JPG

It was getting to be time for dinner which was perfect b/c it looked like it was going to storm any minute. Which it did--all through dinner!!
IMG_1753.JPEG

IMG_1754.JPEG

R was excited b/c he really likes this restaurant.
IMG_1758.JPEG

IMG_1759.JPEG

IMG_1760.JPEG

I had the burger & fries. Not sure what anyone else had but let's face it, you can barely see food pics from there anyways!!
IMG_1764.JPEG

IMG_1765.JPEG

Out of order but this was from Oga's earlier!!
IMG_8480.JPEG

TheMouseFan

After seeing your pictures and wait times, I really wish we had reversed our park days on Thursday and Friday! Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm really kicking myself for not switching them as soon as I found out when Food and Wine Festival was! I really wish we could have talked longer! Hopefully there will be a next time!! It's fun seeing what you guys did and comparing it to where we were in the parks ar the same time!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JULY 19TH

We hit TSM after dinner. J & I had our traditional crayon battle!!
IMG_1768.JPEG

Think R has enough glasses?? 🤣
IMG_1770.JPEG

IMG_1772.JPEG

We went to see Frozen next. I had to take this pic b/c the kid absolutely grossed me out. All he did was pick his nose before the show started🤢🤢🤢
IMG_1773.JPEG

IMG_1774.JPEG

J said he wasn't feeling well & wanted to leave. At that point we were all tired & left then also.
IMG_1778.JPEG

There was a mix up in A's birthday treat order & this was supposed to be part of it. They delivered them while we were at HS.
IMG_1780.JPEG

Our time at Saratoga was coming to the end, unfortunately.
IMG_1781.JPEG

IMG_1783.JPEG

A bit later everyone was getting hungry but no one wanted to walk anywhere to get anything. I would guess that most people that stay in the treehouses probably drive & have a car with them b/c I didn't see that many people walking around. It really is quite the distance to walk to the main building or DS when you're staying back there.
We decided to get Earl of Sandwich via Uber Eats!!
IMG_1785.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JULY 20TH
I was up early & went for a run. Little did I know it wouldn't be my last one of the day!! We were heading to Olivia's for breakfast. R decided that he didn't want to go b/c he's not a big breakfast fan so he stayed back. As we were about 2/3 of the way out of Saratoga A announces that she has to go to the bathroom--& bad. She asked me if I would run with her so she could get to a bathroom. So, run we did. She cried off & on as we ran and kept asking me how much further. Then every so often I would get, "We need to run faster".
Keep in mind I was the one who know where we were going b/c I had walked it the other day. I would try to signal to the group which way we were going but finally I gave up b/c we were too far ahead. That's what cell phones are for, right?

Anyway, we made it to the bathroom without any accidents. Whew!! I was beat by that point!! After A got done she did thank me for running with her.
IMG_1787.JPEG

We went back outside to wait for everyone else.
IMG_1788.JPEG

We were seated a few minutes before our meal. It was nice to sit down after my unexpected run!!
IMG_1790.PNG

I had been texting with another magician who happened to be staying at OKW so she came to the main building to meet!! I had the pleasure of meeting @slipperalwaysfits!! We talked for a bit outside then we went inside so she could meet the rest of the group.
IMG_1793.JPEG

So, after we parted ways A, very seriously, asked me if I was famous!! I laughed, told her no & asked what would make her say that? She said she assumed that I was b/c I was meeting all these people!! We tried explaining the whole forum thing to her but I'm not sure that she totally got it!!
IMG_1796.JPEG

I had the banana bread french toast. Delicious!!!
IMG_1798.JPEG

We all enjoyed our breakfasts!!
IMG_1799.JPEG

IMG_1800.JPEG

Olivia's is such a great restaurant!! We had dinner there back in April & now breakfast this time. We were going back the next month & our first reservation was for dinner there!!
IMG_1802.JPEG

Our waitress gave A a birthday cupcake!!
IMG_1804.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JULY 20TH

We looked around the gift shop & I liked this shirt so I bought it. I bought a medium which should fit but, it was too tight. At least I was coming back in less than a month & I could exchange it then!!
IMG_1805.JPEG

As we walked back A started crying b/c she said her toe hurt.
IMG_1808.JPEG

Heading out of OKW.
IMG_1809.JPEG

Back at Saratoga.
IMG_1814.JPEG

Bell services brought us & our luggage up front.
IMG_1816.JPEG

In no time at all this now blast from the past showed up for us!!
IMG_1820.JPEG

Going through security E's brace set off the metal detector.
IMG_1824.JPEG

IMG_1825.JPEG

After going through security we got some drinks & appetizers at Cask & Larder.
IMG_1826.PNG

Not Baseline but it will do!!
IMG_1827.JPEG

So, that brings this TR to the end!! Again, I hate that it took me forever to finish this. I was off from work today & I told myself I was not doing anything until I got this done!! You can see in my signature that I have been there 7 times in the last 6 months. Spending a lot of my off days traveling etc. didn't leave me a lot of free time to get this one done. I will explain in more detail in the next one!!

Thank you all for reading & following along!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for always sharing your trips. I don’t mind waiting for installments (though I can understand that maybe you dont like the feeling of it hanging over you) and it has been really fun over the years to see changes in J from trip to trip.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As usual, what a fun TR! Thank you for sharing all your photos and happy adventures with your family. :happy: P.S.: J's antics still make me laugh -- that kid is a riot! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom