Trip Report And I am telling you, I AM going...on the Disney Dream WDWMagic Girls Cruise

Can you stand another trip report from the 1st Annual UNofficial WDWMagic Girls’ Cruise? What’s that you say? Well, I’ll just keep going anyway. Fair warning: I’m long-winded. If three words are all that’s required to get the message across, I’ll use ten.

Just so you recognize me:
IMG_1612.JPG

On October 29, 2011, I was browsing the WDWMagic forums and guided the mouse towards the Disney Vacation Club forum. By accident, I clicked on the Disney Cruise Line forum, where I noticed a thread called “**It's UNOFFICIAL** The '13 Unofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!” Intrigued, I opened it up and discovered that @sweetpee_1993 and @Disneyfalcon had organized and were recruiting for a trip in September 2013. In a matter of hours, I had signed up. I was going to be celebrating my 50th birthday in July 2013, and declared that this would be an ideal birthday present from my darling husband! Saint that he is, he agreed, although I’m pretty sure he didn’t think I was serious about it until I booked my airline ticket this past February! I lined up @joanna71985 as a roommate for the cruise, and @plaz10 as my roommate for the one-night pre-cruise at Bay Lake Tower, as well as a couple of nights post-cruise at the Boardwalk.

Fast forward to Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013. I’d packed my bags the night before (and weighed them!), tucked in my cruise paperwork and my passport, and we said we’d leave the house our usual 3 hours in advance of flight time to make it to LaGuardia and through security without any last-minute rush. Suddenly, I remembered that the US Open would be playing that day--“honey, check the time of the first match!” Noon. Same time as my flight. OMG, there’s going to be massive traffic, and the tennis stadium is right next to the airport. Now we start rushing, and though I’ve traveled plenty on my own, and am usually the calm one, I realize that I don’t know where my passport is. Sheer panic. Took me almost ten minutes to find it in my purse. :rolleyes: After all that drama, we had the smoothest drive to LGA ever, no traffic, and then no security line! I never had so much time to burn at the airport.

Boarded my multi-cultural flight--sitting next to me was a young couple from Italy on their honeymoon. Behind us was a French family (mom, boy and girl directly behind, dad across the aisle from them). Before we even take off, the boy is acting up. Italian bride looks scornfully through the seat at them, to no effect. L’enfant terrible starts kicking his legs. Right into my seatback. Once the flight attendant finished the safety spiel, I asked her if it was okay for me to move into the empty aisle seat directly across from me—she glanced behind me and suggested I move right away before we took off. :joyfull: So I joined the honeymooning couple from Spain on that side of the plane, and spent the remainder of the flight with Pere’s knees giving me some unwanted lumbar support. :mad:

Arrived at MCO, scooted off the plane and onto the monorail.
IMG_1103.JPG

This would be my first time using DME! Because I was only there for one night, though, I handled my own luggage since I didn’t want to wait for it. I swung my suitcase off the carousel, and whacked myself in the foot with the thing. Got down to Level 1 and had to pull over and dig out a band-aid so I didn’t bleed all over my shoe. [Note to self: in future, pack band-aids in carry-on.]

Finally!
DME Queue.jpg

Funny, it was a Disney Cruise Line bus! I was too excited to snap a photo, and I decided to use the time on the bus to call home and let the hubs know I’d arrived safely. I’d been texting Jess @plaz10 since landing; she’d gotten in early before the room was ready, so headed into MK, but by the time I got to check-in, she was in our room at BLT. Contemporary would be the second stop on the bus. As we were pulling into Wilderness Lodge, very ominous dark clouds appeared, as you can see here (I had to get a picture of the DCL bus!!)

IMG_1108.JPG

The moment I got my room key, the deluge began, and since both routes to Bay Lake Tower are open, I had to wait it out—
IMG_1110.JPG

I grabbed some lunch at the Contempo Café [kid’s meal mahi-mahi sandwich with fruit]. I’d lost three pounds in preparation for the trip, and wanted to wait til I was on the boat to start packing it back on! :)

I figured there are worse places to be stuck than on the Grand Canyon Concourse:
IMG_1112.JPG

At long last, I made it to the room, and found Jess out on the balcony, soaking in the view of SpaceshipEarth:

IMG_1599.JPG

—it seemed as if all of the WDW resort (except for MK, of course) was spread out in front of us:
IMG_1605.JPG

Not only could we see (from left to right as indicated by my crudely drawn arrows on the zoomed-in screen capture below) Spaceship Earth, but the Swan, the Dolphin, the Tower of Terror, Miss Tilly, and Everest.
WDW Panoramic Capture.JPG

As if we needed a good omen, a rainbow appeared:
IMG_1115.JPG

We had a busy evening ahead of us: Jess wanted to visit the Top of the World lounge, we were joining the group dinner at 1900 Park Fare, and we also wanted to meet up with the group that was having drinks at Tambu Lounge. So we needed to get off the balcony and start getting ready for the evening!

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Let's see....

Love your group shot from the sailaway chit-chat session. I was soooo emotional at sailaway. Good thing I had my sunglasses on. Really surprised me. I hadn't given any bit of traveling without my family a second thought until I had to turn my phone to airplane mode. Then it was like I was cutting the ties to my loves and it really reeeally hurt my heart in that moment. But, thanks to my lovely Disney sisters, I survived and got plenty of hugs to help me thru. Thanks goes to all of y'all for the support in my emotional moment. :inlove:

I'm so impressed with all the night life you took in. Big goal for me next year. I'm going to be sure to get my power naps in so I can survive later. LOL!

The CC5k is brutal hot. I did it the first time I went to CC but never again. It's just too hot. I think your early morning deck 4 laps are a much better option. Plus, it saves the precious island time for power-fun. Like card games. ;) Seriously, lets do a standard meet time & place for morning power walks next year. I'm IN.

Sunsets at sea. It's like God puts on the ultimate show, doesn't He? Fireworks, etc. just can't top it. And He puts on the show every day. I do love sunsets at sea. I think that's one of those things that make salty sailors fall in love. I asked my dad if he ever misses the sea and he said only sometimes. I asked what he missed and he said he missed the early morning before the sun comes up. He used to get to the signal bridge before the sun was up. He describes the crisp in the air before daylight and how he loved the feeling in contrast to his hot cup of coffee. Dad says it's the best cup of coffee to have, the one when you're out to sea and outside before the sun has risen. He describes the feeling of watching the sunrise and it melts my heart. He was usually more busy at sunset so he doesn't have quite the sentiment for that time of day. I'm not a morning person so I have yet to watch a full sunrise at sea. It's always a goal but hasn't happened in 7 cruises. Maybe we should make a sunrise meet!

Want to try Remy brunch for the champagne flight alone. I think I might like it more than the dinner since it's somewhat relaxed. Seriously, the only part of the dinner that keeps me wanting to come back and tolerate the rest is the dessert. I do love the desserts.

Mixology day! I love that! Yes, Mixology was fun beyond words. I was thoroughly impressed they did the virgin cocktails for the non-drinkers. That's the Disney difference right there. They didn't have to do that but they did because it was the right thing to do. It was perfect as perfect could get.

OH! I did buy the 1900 PF dinner pic! I need to scan the pics and get them sent out to the participants! :D

Absolutely loving your report! Gets me so very excited for next year! Can't wait!

Ariel484

Oh, those Pink bartenders. :rolleyes: That was just weird all around.

Love our group picture for the 5K! I may have to steal that one from you. :) "just imagine Animal Kingdom on a warm day and you’ll get the picture." - PERFECT description of the CC5K experience. I wish the course had been a bit more scenic. Staring at greenery got pretty old after awhile.

KOMGRIT!! Best CM ever...I wonder how many pictures of him will be on this site by the time we're all done with our reports? :D I could read about our Cabana day over and over. Best day ever!

"Kelly and me—we should have had Shannon get in this picture, and it would have been all the redheads! ;)" - yeah, where the heck was I?! :cry:

I remember your Princess parade picture from Instagram...so jealous! That's a great picture.

5 glasses of champagne for $25?! How did I not know about this?! I may need to try that out in the future. :D And this part: "Cyril the prissy sommelier (Cyril and I had some differences in opinion over wine pairings at our Remy dinner the other night)" - LOL! School that sommelier, Siobhan!

"@Ariel484, the official Mixology photographer (that is some serious hardware you're sporting there, Shannon LOL) :)" :D Just being a pal and taking pics for the classy ladies that were mixing for us using their cameras! Or trying to anyway, juggling 3 cameras is hard. Juggling ONE camera is hard.

You were robbed at 80s trivia! Remember when they gave the other people bonus points for dancing?? No fair!

It's almost over, isn't it? Sadness. :cry:

LuvsTheMouse

"Is it wrong to be a little annoyed that Bob chose to sail for Valentine's Day instead of at the end of the month, when we could have met up with you and Jess again? (not that I told him that, poor man) But hey, we do like to go to Boston, so anytime... ;)"

Unfortunately :( :cry:, I will not be going in February as Jess @PartOfYourWorld is taking her significant other. I love everyone's different take on the same trip we were all on. While our inside stateroom with virtual porthole was nice, I am loving all the pictures of the large aft veranda and those amazing sunsets.

Your description of the Castaway 5K was right on target. Did it once and thats enough. Love the group shots of us, just might have to sneak those away. Mixology was a blast! I loved all the drinks that were made. That is definitely a bargain at $15.00! "Gatekeepers" yes that fits them, them didn't seem to know what was what with our groups, of who was at Palo and who was for Remy.

I am sad to see that this trip report is almost done. I do hope to join everyone in another cruise, maybe 2015?? Now that you've written this trip report, we will all be awaiting your Valentines Day cruise....

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Let's see....

Love your group shot from the sailaway chit-chat session. I was soooo emotional at sailaway. Good thing I had my sunglasses on. Really surprised me. I hadn't given any bit of traveling without my family a second thought until I had to turn my phone to airplane mode. Then it was like I was cutting the ties to my loves and it really reeeally hurt my heart in that moment. But, thanks to my lovely Disney sisters, I survived and got plenty of hugs to help me thru. Thanks goes to all of y'all for the support in my emotional moment. :inlove:

I'm so impressed with all the night life you took in. Big goal for me next year. I'm going to be sure to get my power naps in so I can survive later. LOL!

The CC5k is brutal hot. I did it the first time I went to CC but never again. It's just too hot. I think your early morning deck 4 laps are a much better option. Plus, it saves the precious island time for power-fun. Like card games. ;) Seriously, lets do a standard meet time & place for morning power walks next year. I'm IN.

Sunsets at sea. It's like God puts on the ultimate show, doesn't He? Fireworks, etc. just can't top it. And He puts on the show every day. I do love sunsets at sea. I think that's one of those things that make salty sailors fall in love. I asked my dad if he ever misses the sea and he said only sometimes. I asked what he missed and he said he missed the early morning before the sun comes up. He used to get to the signal bridge before the sun was up. He describes the crisp in the air before daylight and how he loved the feeling in contrast to his hot cup of coffee. Dad says it's the best cup of coffee to have, the one when you're out to sea and outside before the sun has risen. He describes the feeling of watching the sunrise and it melts my heart. He was usually more busy at sunset so he doesn't have quite the sentiment for that time of day. I'm not a morning person so I have yet to watch a full sunrise at sea. It's always a goal but hasn't happened in 7 cruises. Maybe we should make a sunrise meet!

Want to try Remy brunch for the champagne flight alone. I think I might like it more than the dinner since it's somewhat relaxed. Seriously, the only part of the dinner that keeps me wanting to come back and tolerate the rest is the dessert. I do love the desserts.

Mixology day! I love that! Yes, Mixology was fun beyond words. I was thoroughly impressed they did the virgin cocktails for the non-drinkers. That's the Disney difference right there. They didn't have to do that but they did because it was the right thing to do. It was perfect as perfect could get.

OH! I did buy the 1900 PF dinner pic! I need to scan the pics and get them sent out to the participants! :D

Absolutely loving your report! Gets me so very excited for next year! Can't wait!

Aww, you did a fine job of hiding your sorrow there, with your big smile and wave to the camera, but now that I have the story I can look at that shot again and see that it's a brave face you're putting on. A few of the Girls were having that same moment just after sailaway. I was excited because it was my first Disney cruise, meanwhile, you were sailing away without your gents for the first time.

Sherry and I will show you a good time next September. ;) Oh, and I did remember reading your trip report when you and Brian did the CC5K. I guess it's just something everyone has to experience for themselves, because I'm pretty sure each one of us feels "one and done" on that!!

Wow, what a fantastic way to express sunsets, and I got chills reading about your dad's early mornings.

You know, they serve most of the same desserts after brunch...I think you should tell 'em you don't do fish, take their champagne deal, and eat all their fresh marshmallows and fancy lollipops.

Those mixology guys were determined that everyone partake. One of them noticed that I didn't grab up the first one, the layered shot, and I told him I didn't care for Grand Marnier or Bailey's (an Irish girl who doesn't like Bailey's? :eek: ), and he brought me over a glass of just plain Kahlua. Well, okay, guy, if you insist, because Kahlua's one of my favorite things on the planet...:p

2nd Girls Cruise is already less than a year away, it'll be here before we know it!! :D

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, those Pink bartenders. :rolleyes: That was just weird all around.

Love our group picture for the 5K! I may have to steal that one from you. :) "just imagine Animal Kingdom on a warm day and you’ll get the picture." - PERFECT description of the CC5K experience. I wish the course had been a bit more scenic. Staring at greenery got pretty old after awhile.

KOMGRIT!! Best CM ever...I wonder how many pictures of him will be on this site by the time we're all done with our reports? :D I could read about our Cabana day over and over. Best day ever!

"Kelly and me—we should have had Shannon get in this picture, and it would have been all the redheads! ;)" - yeah, where the heck was I?! :cry:

I remember your Princess parade picture from Instagram...so jealous! That's a great picture.

5 glasses of champagne for $25?! How did I not know about this?! I may need to try that out in the future. :D And this part: "Cyril the prissy sommelier (Cyril and I had some differences in opinion over wine pairings at our Remy dinner the other night)" - LOL! School that sommelier, Siobhan!

"@Ariel484, the official Mixology photographer (that is some serious hardware you're sporting there, Shannon LOL) :)" :D Just being a pal and taking pics for the classy ladies that were mixing for us using their cameras! Or trying to anyway, juggling 3 cameras is hard. Juggling ONE camera is hard.

You were robbed at 80s trivia! Remember when they gave the other people bonus points for dancing?? No fair!

It's almost over, isn't it? Sadness. :cry:

Any pictures that anyone wants, just let me know and I'll email the full-res file instead of the smaller versions here.

I was so glad I was walking with Terryn, because her sense of direction kept us on track. Otherwise, I would have been looping those shrubs for a while. At one point, she was flagging and told me to go on ahead and keep my pace, I said, no way, Terryn, I'm slowing down to stick with you or I'll get lost!

You must have missed the page in the 1st Girls Cruise thread where we carried on about the upcharge to get the champagne at the "champagne brunch". :D Little did I know what a bargain that was going to be. Absolutely recommend you do it in the future!!

Tammy or Sherry will tell you that Cyril was actually almost afraid to talk to me by the end of dinner, after he got over his shock that I would dare to question his choices. Some of his snootiness must have rubbed off on me. At the second course: "Really, Cyril, you're giving me an oaky Chablis with my scallop? I would have expected something minerally". Hahaha. Dinner was just a wee bit too stuffy there, I think once was enough for me, but brunch was wonderful, it was like the whole place took a deep breath and relaxed and let its hair down, while retaining most of its elegance. Does that make sense?

I'll be honest, with no notes (I've never been a note-taker on vacation!) and no pictures, and more that six weeks since we came back, the after dinner parts are a bit jumbled together. It's only today I realized that the trivia contest did not take place on pirate night, and I'm not quite sure which night the dancing took place. :oops:

"Is it wrong to be a little annoyed that Bob chose to sail for Valentine's Day instead of at the end of the month, when we could have met up with you and Jess again? (not that I told him that, poor man) But hey, we do like to go to Boston, so anytime... ;)"

Unfortunately :( :cry:, I will not be going in February as Jess @PartOfYourWorld is taking her significant other. I love everyone's different take on the same trip we were all on. While our inside stateroom with virtual porthole was nice, I am loving all the pictures of the large aft veranda and those amazing sunsets.

Your description of the Castaway 5K was right on target. Did it once and thats enough. Love the group shots of us, just might have to sneak those away. Mixology was a blast! I loved all the drinks that were made. That is definitely a bargain at $15.00! "Gatekeepers" yes that fits them, them didn't seem to know what was what with our groups, of who was at Palo and who was for Remy.

I am sad to see that this trip report is almost done. I do hope to join everyone in another cruise, maybe 2015?? Now that you've written this trip report, we will all be awaiting your Valentines Day cruise....

Wow, they gots to grow up sometime, huh? I guess it's only fair that Mike gets to go cheer Jess on this time. I sure hope that you will continue to join our cruises, if you ever need a roomie..;)

I will email you those before and afters, and if there's any others you want, just let me know!

Tiggerfanatic

Aww, you did a fine job of hiding your sorrow there, with your big smile and wave to the camera, but now that I have the story I can look at that shot again and see that it's a brave face you're putting on. A few of the Girls were having that same moment just after sailaway. I was excited because it was my first Disney cruise, meanwhile, you were sailing away without your gents for the first time.

Sherry and I will show you a good time next September. ;) Oh, and I did remember reading your trip report when you and Brian did the CC5K. I guess it's just something everyone has to experience for themselves, because I'm pretty sure each one of us feels "one and done" on that!!

Wow, what a fantastic way to express sunsets, and I got chills reading about your dad's early mornings.

You know, they serve most of the same desserts after brunch...I think you should tell 'em you don't do fish, take their champagne deal, and eat all their fresh marshmallows and fancy lollipops.

Those mixology guys were determined that everyone partake. One of them noticed that I didn't grab up the first one, the layered shot, and I told him I didn't care for Grand Marnier or Bailey's (an Irish girl who doesn't like Bailey's? :eek: ), and he brought me over a glass of just plain Kahlua. Well, okay, guy, if you insist, because Kahlua's one of my favorite things on the planet...:p

2nd Girls Cruise is already less than a year away, it'll be here before we know it!! :D

ABSOLUTELY!

sweetpee_1993

@Tiggerish , I definitely need to learn how to do night life like a girl in the real world. As a teen I lived in a dry county in South Alabama. If we were doing bonfires and mud-riding, bootleggers and racing cars I could show you how it's done. I got married young and skipped all the proper night life. I think I've been in an actual bar legally once. I'm lost. But I know I love fun with the gals and love for dancing is in my blood. These are the things I needs ta be schooled on! So, girls cruise 2014... ;)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tiggerish , I definitely need to learn how to do night life like a girl in the real world. As a teen I lived in a dry county in South Alabama. If we were doing bonfires and mud-riding, bootleggers and racing cars I could show you how it's done. I got married young and skipped all the proper night life. I think I've been in an actual bar legally once. I'm lost. But I know I love fun with the gals and love for dancing is in my blood. These are the things I needs ta be schooled on! So, girls cruise 2014... ;)

...will be epic. :D

Like you, I married young and missed out on the bar scene. I saved up all my wild oats, and I'm sowing them now!!! LOL

Disneyfalcon

I'm catching up!! :)

Can you stand another trip report from the 1st Annual UNofficial WDWMagic Girls’ Cruise? What’s that you say? Well, I’ll just keep going anyway. Fair warning: I’m long-winded. If three words are all that’s required to get the message across, I’ll use ten.

This cracked me up. Lol

The French family was stalking you! Stalking!
Here we are before the start:
View attachment 38201

I love this picture!

Tammy, now you can identify all your food pics from brunch! ;)

Awesome cross referencing!

Shoot, I wish I'd seen the menu a few days ago before I wrote mine! Hah!

flynnibus

Premium Member
How was the boat's movement being on the tail of the boat like that?

We've always stayed midship.. and it seems like the boat moves more when we are walking around at the front and rear of the boat. I'm worried the boat's movement would be too much for my parents (and most of the cabin classes we are looking at for them are at the ends of the boat).

The Fantasy moved far more than we did on our last cruise.. but we also had a lot LONGER ways to go.. I figured the boat had to maintain it's speed to cross the distance and accepted the rougher movement.

sweetpee_1993

We've always stayed midship.. and it seems like the boat moves more when we are walking around at the front and rear of the boat. I'm worried the boat's movement would be too much for my parents (and most of the cabin classes we are looking at for them are at the ends of the boat).

The Fantasy moved far more than we did on our last cruise.. but we also had a lot LONGER ways to go.. I figured the boat had to maintain it's speed to cross the distance and accepted the rougher movement.

I've sailed mid, aft-facing, and forward. I've sailed the Bahamian route, Western Caribbean, and crossed the Gulf of Mexico. The movement on certain portions of the Western Caribbean was more pronounced than anything we've ever experienced (did this in the aft-facing stateroom as well as forward). It's typically the same areas between the Keys and down around Cuba. Even the captain has warned that crossing the Florida currents would be a bit of a ride. The Bahamian route I've never felt too much movement. Again, the most seems to be when crossing the stronger currents and when the ship is sailing faster. If I had to say which ship location offered the most fun ride I'd say forward but then that could be skewed because we were sailing in proximity of a tropical system and other storms. The more motion the better. I love it. ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've sailed mid, aft-facing, and forward. I've sailed the Bahamian route, Western Caribbean, and crossed the Gulf of Mexico. The movement on certain portions of the Western Caribbean was more pronounced than anything we've ever experienced (did this in the aft-facing stateroom as well as forward). It's typically the same areas between the Keys and down around Cuba. Even the captain has warned that crossing the Florida currents would be a bit of a ride. The Bahamian route I've never felt too much movement. Again, the most seems to be when crossing the stronger currents and when the ship is sailing faster. If I had to say which ship location offered the most fun ride I'd say forward but then that could be skewed because we were sailing in proximity of a tropical system and other storms. The more motion the better. I love it. ;)

First time we noticed it was more than we remembered.. they only said 3-4ft seas. Then on the way back from the Virgin Islands to CCay... they were averaging 21.6kts.. and it was 8ft seas. At 8ft, you can WATCH the waves rolling towards the ship quite pronounced. That was quite an animated day :) On the race from CCay to the Port.. I think we had weather too.. they closed deck 4 because of the water action and rain coming onto the deck.

The movement was really bad on that night, but it was mostly after midnight. On the dream, we had movement on one night really bad.. this trip (eastern carrib) we had significant rocking at least 4 of the days. It was so much you had the whole room creaking, straining noises, etc. I don't have a problem with it, but can imagine others being queasy from it.. and we were midship deck 10.

Mrs.Skellington

I noticed movement in the front during the shows. In my aft room it was actually really nice. Not too much movement and looking out at the horizon helped when I did feel wobbly.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5: Disembarkation Day.

Holy smoke. I have never been this disorganized in my whole life. Trying to pack all my stuff, because I didn’t finish the night before, so I didn’t leave my bag outside the door for DCL to handle, including the banner (which at this point is “that g*ddamn banner, do I just trash it here on the ship?”), keep track of my passport, get breakfast, meet @plaz10 to get off the ship and onto the bus…great googily-moogily. :arghh: Finally made it, and Jess and I got in the customs line, which moved pretty quickly, and we encountered @sweetpee_1993 and @Kerby626 at the elevators, then made our way to the bus for Boardwalk, which also happened to be the bus to AKL, which meant that we shared the ride with Kelly! W00t!! :inlove:

Last shots of the Dream (thru the bus window, so they’re pretty bad):

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

As we got to the WDW resort areas, the bus had run-ins with some lovebugs:

IMG_1158.JPG

Yuck! Didn’t really notice them after that, though. They certainly weren’t a nuisance around the parks.

Jess and I got off at Boardwalk, which left Kelly with the entire bus to herself for her ride to AKL, which she detailed in the second half of her trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/i-escaped-part-2-the-big-2-0.875174/

Incredibly, though we’d gotten off the ship that morning (and it felt to me like that took HOURS), it was before noon when we arrived at the Boardwalk Villas, and were checked in to our Boardwalk View room! Sadly, it did not have the view of SSE that we were hoping for, but still—we’re at the Boardwalk!! Jess @plaz10 and I wasted no time getting into our favorite park, Epcot.

Strolling towards Future World from the International Gateway, on the approach to SSE, here’s Jess with her favorite park icon:

IMG_1162.JPG

We grabbed lunch at Sunshine Seasons, both choosing the kid’s meal from the Asian food station, reinforcing our pledge to keep each other on the dietary straight-and-narrow.

After lunch, we met up with Courtney @Howe and rode Test Track together:
IMG_1871.JPG

We ventured into World Showcase (in the rain!) to catch a few rides, and as we exited Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico, what a surprise to encounter @PartOfYourWorld and @LuvsTheMouse, as well as @MrsSkellington and @jesemeca! Seriously, there is little that’s more fun than seeing someone you know while walking around at WDW!!

We recruited a passerby to take our photo:

IMG_1876.JPG

Are we cute, or what??!!!! And you can tell it was raining by looking at my hair. Yes, by nature I am a curly girl. :)

Hey, it’s Las Tres Jessicas! (like Buzz Lightyear, I am multi-lingual :p )
IMG_1873.JPG

I know that we rode Maelstrom afterwards, and then we made our way back to the Boardwalk to get ready for our WDWMagic group dinner at the newly-reopened California Grill! We were cutting it close, and the quickest way to get there was to take the bus from BW to MK and then walk to CR. Jess wanted to take the monorail, and seeing as I am a sucker for the monorail, it wasn’t that hard to convince me. So we power-walked from BWV thru Epcot to the monorail, which worked out great, we arrived as a monorail was pulling into the station:

IMG_1878.JPG

We were on pace to make it, and when we pulled into the TTC, there was a Resort Monorail waiting. We ran up the ramp (wearing heels, mind you!) and as we neared the top, the CM told us no need to rush, there were mechanical difficulties or something. Breathless, we boarded the monorail, and proceeded to sit there at TTC. And sit some more. Finally we start moving, through Poly and GF. At GF, they load a wheelchair into our car. OK, this is time-consuming. We sit outside MK for several minutes. Make it into MK, load and leave. Sit on the track between MK and CR. At CR, the wheelchair party in our half of the car gets unloaded. If we weren’t all dressed up, we absolutely would have leaped over the bench to get out of the back half of the car. COULD THIS GO ANY SLOWER??? Finally, we exit, mistakenly by the elevator instead of the quicker escalator from the monorail platform (that one was my fault) and then up the correct escalator to join the rest of our party. We arrived no more than five minutes past our ADR time. Apologized profusely to our dining companions, and let the check-in desk know that we are now all there. Now, I’m sorry, but I believe that the check-in people decided to punish us all for a couple of us being late. We waited 40 minutes to be seated, while other parties walked up and were seated before us. Anyway, we had a nice meal. I totally enjoyed mine, had the duck every which way as my appetizer, the filet with tomato risotto, and the seasonal apple dessert. Fabulous.

Here’s a photo of all of us California Grill Girls, taken by Walter the Waiter, who was not our server. Our server was kinda sour. But Walter made up for it.

IMG_1879.JPG

L-R, Joanna @joanna71985, Jess @plaz10, Tammy @Disneyfalcon, me, Courtney @Howe and Kelly @sweetpee_1993
(ok, who else is humming the Beach Boys right now? Or, maybe you younger folks are humming Katy Perry.)

Up Next: Friday the 13th and Unleash the Villains at DHS

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster

I didn't notice a whole lot of what I think you mean by "movement", but the first night there was a fair amount of engine noise and vibration. Thankfully, I had read @englanddg's trip report of his Fantasy cruise, where he mentioned the noise and vibration caused by the engines in his aft stateroom, so I was prepared for it, but it was pretty noisy. I'm a light sleeper, and I never do well the first night in a strange bed (ok, ha ha ha), so I didn't get a lot of sleep that night, despite the incredibly comfy bed. All things considered, it was worth it for the verandah and the view. My next two cruises are already booked, and both of them are the same category, just on Deck 9 instead of Deck 7--I'm thinking that maybe a bit more distance between me and the engine might help.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Original Poster
As I've said before - we can't have enough WDW girls cruise trip reports!

Love all the sunset pictures! From all the pictures I've seen, that bar were you had the mixology class looks so cool! Komgrit looks so happy delivering the bucket of beers. :D

I'm glad we can give something back in return for your fantastic trip reports!

We tried to keep our CC cabana staff entertained. I'd like to think they'd be happy to see us come back ;)

Thanks for reading!!

plaz10

Way to totally throw me under the bus (or monorail) for being late for dinner!!!

Ok it was totally my fault - I'm a sucker for a monorail ride. And a walk through EPCOT.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I didn't notice a whole lot of what I think you mean by "movement", but the first night there was a fair amount of engine noise and vibration. Thankfully, I had read @englanddg's trip report of his Fantasy cruise, where he mentioned the noise and vibration caused by the engines in his aft stateroom, so I was prepared for it, but it was pretty noisy. I'm a light sleeper, and I never do well the first night in a strange bed (ok, ha ha ha), so I didn't get a lot of sleep that night, despite the incredibly comfy bed. All things considered, it was worth it for the verandah and the view. My next two cruises are already booked, and both of them are the same category, just on Deck 9 instead of Deck 7--I'm thinking that maybe a bit more distance between me and the engine might help.

By movement.. I mean rocking/swaying of the boat :) When you are at the edges... in theory the movement should be more extreme as the boat pivots and moves through the water.

You know... the vibration I found far more noticable too. Now, it's been 2 years since I was on the Dream... but it did not stand out to me as much on the Dream as it did on my Fantasy cruise last week. I mean, I was thinking 'is something wrong?'. I know it's a boat.. but it stood out to me as different than last time. I'd avoid the rear for that alone. But shockingly, all the high end rooms are at the rear or forward.. so not sure what to think :) We stayed midship on Deck 10 and love it. One quick flight of steps and you're at the pool deck with the food/drinks. It can be loud with kids running around depending on where you are.. but the convenience is top notch :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom