An update on MJ's condition

maggiegrace1

Good Morning Everyone!
I just talked to Bonny..Nothing new really..They started her feeds last night and so far she is tolerating them.She is only on a rate of 40..when she normally is on a rate of 130 for feedings..but at least she is tolerating them.

They are just waiting now to make sure she can get them down as they increase the rate.

She is still on dextrose and she has not heard anything else yet.

She is waiting to hear from them sometime today.

I will update as I hear anything else.

Continue to send thoughts and prayers..they are appreciated.

Thanks again..

Safari Giraffe

Just saw this. Very sorry to hear about poor MJ. I'm sure the doctors are taking very good care of her and will get her back to health very soon. As soon as they diagnose the cause of the low blood sugars they will be able to find a solution and take care of it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Continue to keep us updated.

talkinghands

When I talked to Bonny and MJ this afternoon Mj's feeds were up to 100. MJ sounded feisty. First thing she said to me was "HOME". I could hear her in the background demanding to get in her wheelchair. Before we hung up she told me "love you" Bonny said they may be sent home tmw but she is reserving judgement. One doc tried to send her home today but Andrew and Bonny would not have it. She had had barely 300 in her tummy and Andrew and Bonny were adamant that she needed to be on her feeds at or close to her normal rate before going home. They really don't want to come back if they are sent home.

diddy_mouse

Connor002 said:
Marjorie June is a very special little girl... with some special needs... who, through the care of her adopted parents Bonny and Andrew, has grown to enrich the lives of all who have come to know her...

That was wonderfull, Connor.

This little girl and her parents have been on my mind all day....I hope for nothing but the best and wish for nothing more than a healthy recovery. I'm not the type to send prayers, but here's some pixie dust....*~*dust*~*

lunalovegoddess

Glad to hear that her condition is improving...
Bonny and Andrew are right to insist that the hospital keep MJ there until her feeds have normalized. Too many times I've had to take Bree back to the doctor or emergency room because she will start to get better, and then a day or two later, have a relapse. Through the years I have had to accept that when she has a digestive tract illness, I should expect her to take twice as long as most kids to get better.

MommytoMJM

Home again, Home again, Rinky, Tink, Tink....

Well, we just got home... MJ still needs to see an endocrinologist I think, her sugar was 112 Wednesday and in the toilet in the hospital and then was 112 last night which they tell me is high...we are to see her pediatrician the 10th.

She is at 100 cc/hour for her formula, but it is still 30 cc's short, so now we work that up, plus her calorie booster needs to be added back in, so she's going to be on her pump for extra hours, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Her neuro came in and adjusted her seizure meds so hopefully her seizure threshold will improve and not be so low anymore.

MJ's foot is till very swollen from her IV infiltrating yesterday, but she is up and walking. We have a friend here now who is playing with her. I can see she's tired, so I will most likely try to get her to nap or put her to bed early.

Andrew unpacked most stuff for me and is now on a food run since I haven't been here in about 5 days we were pretty foodless.

I am just exhausted and glad to be home.

talkinghands

Glad you are home. Took me 3 hours to get out of bed this morning. My arthritis and fibro are flaring big time and Jim and Sam both left early for work. Bonny I need MJs bunk bed so I can use the top bunk to pull myself up. :)

stranger

Welcome home, MJ! :)
I'm sending tons of virtual hugs out to you, Andrew and MJ for this ordeal you're going through. :kiss:

jesserin

welcome home bonny - you have lots of people praying for you and MJ here in charleston... Y'all are some very loved people! :) *kisses* for my girls...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom