An interesting read on DLP

jrriddle

Originally posted by stagestar
About the future of the resort at the end of May? I think it is safe to say that the resort won't close. Not only for the high stake the French state has in it (through several state-owned banks) but also because TWDC would have to stand in for some of hundreds of millions of credit lines faltering, which would have a negative impact on any credits TWDC might look for for future projects. Not ot mention the huge damage to the image of Disney in Europe.

Right now there seem to be two lines of thought: either the company is saved (by lending banks, TWDC and other sources pumpin new money in and maybe foregoing rights for repayment on some of the old loanes) or the company is sent into bancrupcy to clean the slate, with the operation being handed over to a new company right away honoring reservations / tickets etc. bought from / made with the prior company, thus creating no difference for the guests. In the latter case all the fans who invested in the company would loose all the money, but this for sure is of no concern for Michael Eisner.

Yours
Dirk

Hey Dirk,

I have a feeling that the second option will take place with the WDC taking over the place.
What's your feelings?

Gurgi

Hey peeps

I hope Dirk is right on the second option. If TWDC buy it out I think the magic will be back.

I have no intensions of showing any reak dislike of DLP as its my "home" park (at the moment) its a beautiful park with great beauty however there certainly are more visible faults due to carelessness and maintenance than any of the other parks.

This place has so much potential! The days ive sat in mainstreet and thought of all the simple worth while changes that can be brought to bring back some crowds and profit.

ts really a simple solution but i think DLP (and some of the other parks) is so tied up with MONEY that the specialty fizzles away too quick.

Those are my thoughts at the moment :)

Gurgs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom