Ample Hills Creamery - Creator of the Star Wars Ice Cream coming to Disney's BoardWalk?

FutureCEO

$10 ice cream. I don't know...just a guess. I never heard of this place but I already picked out my top flavors....Peanut Butter and Oatmeal and Cookie Dough (which really are my favorites everywhere else too)

TomHendricks

I don't want to overstate how good their Ice Cream is but, it's the best Ice Cream I've ever had. I'm not a huge Ice Cream guy, just not my thing. However if I eat Ice Cream, it's is definitely Ample Hill.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, April 9.

IMG_7657.JPG

JWG

Taking over the ESPN Arcade, I think we all knew that a long time ago. I'm ok with a bit longer walk to get my ice cream. Or shorter since I went to Beaches and Cream more often than not.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, May 5. The construction walls are gone, however the ice cream shop is not open yet. Surprisingly, the glass in the doors was not covered so you could see inside.

IMG_7802.JPG

The inside, as seen through the glass door. Note the large mural on the back wall. On the right side of the photo (behind the red and blue hanging sign) is a representation of the Boardwalk, and in the background across the lake is the Yacht Club resort. If you look closely, you will see representations of each of the WDW parks: the tree of life, the Earffel Tower (oops!)....

IMG_7805.JPG

and in the right corner, the Epcot dome. To the right side of the below photo is a separate room where the waffle cones are made, with a window on the Boardwalk so guests can watch. Of interest, the windows for the Boardwalk Bakery workshop and this waffle cone shop are right next to each other, separated only by the wall between the shops. The windows are shown in the first photo, on the right side with the potted plant.

IMG_7804.JPG

Last edited:

WDWFREAK53

Looks really nice and seems to fit in perfectly with the Boardwalk.
The only thing that really seems off are those menu screens but maybe they'll look better when they are turned on. (Those are menu screens right?)

gmajew

Premium Member
Ice cream is fantastic! High fat content made the right way and some really unique flavor a!

Great addition if you got time to stop by and try it it is a great treat!

zooey

I ordered some of this out of sheer curiosity (and love of ice cream) and let me tell you... Hoo boy... It is incredible. It must be terrible for you, but the marshmallow one with the crisps is out of this world. Best custard I've ever had. This will be a hidden gem at WDW.

RSoxNo1

Photo update as of Thursday, May 5. The construction walls are gone, however the ice cream shop is not open yet. Surprisingly, the glass in the doors was not covered so you could see inside.

View attachment 140835

The inside, as seen through the glass door. Note the large mural on the back wall. On the right side of the photo (behind the red and blue hanging sign) is a representation of the Boardwalk, and in the background across the lake is the Yacht Club resort. If you look closely, you will see representations of each of the WDW parks: the tree of life, the Earful Tower (oops!)....

View attachment 140836

and in the right corner, the Epcot dome. To the right side of the below photo is a separate room where the waffle cones are made, with a window on the Boardwalk so guests can watch. Of interest, the windows for the Boardwalk Bakery workshop and this waffle cone shop are right next to each other, separated only by the wall between the shops. The windows are shown in the first photo, on the right side with the potted plant.

View attachment 140837
Feels very similar to the Ice Cream shop in Diagon Alley.

COProgressFan

Check it out, the Earffell tower is there!

Great example of how no one in the company seems to talk to one another. Knowing that Studios is undergoing a major overhaul, you'd think the designers of this place would have asked someone "Are you keeping the water tower? Will there be a new icon for the park?" It seems even more ironic how they dismantled the tower just days before this place is set to open.

That said, I'm excited for this new addition. Seems like a great addition to the Boardwalk area.

dstrawn9889

doubt the finishing crew is Disney, usually the company that is occupying the space hires a team to design the interior and to do the finish outfitting... of course this being disney, they probably had to run the designs past a warm body and get it rubberstamped

COProgressFan

doubt the finishing crew is Disney, usually the company that is occupying the space hires a team to design the interior and to do the finish outfitting... of course this being disney, they probably had to run the designs past a warm body and get it rubberstamped

The finishing crew probably is not Disney. Of course, Disney signs off on all plans before any work gets done, and will have to sign off on the final product too.

It's not a big deal, just a funny example of how often with Disney the right hand has no idea what the left is doing. (Admittedly this happens with many large organizations, but remember this is a WDW forum!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom