American Music Machine acapella group debuts at Epcot's American Adventure Pavilion

Jahona

Would definitely seem to be more impressive in in person. Camera mic just can't do it justice. Will have to check it out when I go back next.

Was there a reason Disney decided to gut the entertainment? My mom adored the fife and drum because of the historical significance and I do agree with her that taking out the fife and drum did take away from the pavilion. I am going to give the new group a shot, for sure. I think they'll sound better in person too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Was there a reason Disney decided to gut the entertainment? My mom adored the fife and drum because of the historical significance and I do agree with her that taking out the fife and drum did take away from the pavilion. I am going to give the new group a shot, for sure. I think they'll sound better in person too.
No official reason was ever given, nor should we ever expect one.

The rumor was that the Epcot entertainment budget was cut causing them to have to basically hit the reset switch on pretty much every long running act in WS.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
"American Music Machine is the latest new act to open after a large reshuffle of Epcot live entertainment. Fife and Drum Corp, Mo'Rockin, Off Kilter and World Showcase Players were all closed to make way for the new acts. In addition to American Music Machine, Epcot has recently seen the introduction of the Canadian Lumberjacks, Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro, Paul McKenna Band, B'net Al Houwariyate, and the Mexican Marimba Trio."

So we've actually, if we go back to last October, lost 4 acts and gained 5? That is surprising. Can't speak for the quality (since I haven't seen them), but at least in terms of quantity I guess it turned out OK.

bhg469

Yea! I LOVE a cappella music!

Good move TDO!

Oh, and don't tell anyone I said something positive. They will take my D&G Club Card.
Agreed! I love epcot and probably always will but when they add unique musical acts, I applaud them.

If I could have one point of criticism, the mixing could use a bit of tweaking but it could just be the video picking up all the sound at once and leveling it all to the same volume. Either way Bravo disney for one positive change!!

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I think someone is making all of this up, I read a few months ago that Disney was so cheap there was going to be no entertainment in Epcot. Just kidding. I use to watch Off Kilter when I was at Epcot, but I am willing to give the new entertainment a look. PS - I did watch the Canadian Lumberjacks show and felt it was just OK, nothing special.

ToTBellHop

How can folks here on one hand complain that World Showcase has stagnated while on the other complaining that old acts were removed to make way for new ones? Fife and Drum was fun but I'm sure this will attract a far larger crowd (with shade to boot). Recent moves suggest Disney views World Showcase as evolving into a more contemporary depiction of each nation, not a museum. I don't think that's a bad thing. Plus, old school tends to stagnate as there is no impetus to update it. It's old. Contemporary offerings continually change. I'd love to see acts all around World Showcase continually change. It's a relatively easy (and smart) way to increase capacity in the park, give guests more to do (and new things to do), and it keeps the park fresh. Win on all counts. For the die hards, it's not too hard to find a local fife and drum corps performance. They come to every major event in my town. A capella groups? Less so. Flag wavers? No way. Authentic Moroccan band? No way. British folk band? No way. I enjoy that Epcot now has entertainment that I can't see at home. I look forward to the next Canadian act...surely they will learn their lesson from the lumberjack fail. That said, bringing in 5 new acts in the last year of which 4 are great is not a bad record.

bhg469

I think someone is making all of this up, I read a few months ago that Disney was so cheap there was going to be no entertainment in Epcot. Just kidding. I use to watch Off Kilter when I was at Epcot, but I am willing to give the new entertainment a look. PS - I did watch the Canadian Lumberjacks show and felt it was just OK, nothing special.
Well these could be performers that already are under contract. I can't find anything by googling them other than this discussion so they don't seem to be a group disney brought in rather than assembled on their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom