American Idol: Season 8!

Uponastar

About last night...
Both Kris and Adam rocked their first songs.
Adam won the second round, but only because Kris' song just wasn't right for the night, as was pointed out by the judges.
But that god-awful "finale song". :dazzle: What a shame that the last chance to make a lasting impression had to be with that sorry song. (AI producers really need to rethink the idea of those finale songs. They just don't work.)
So...Adam has been fairly consistent and does have magnificent range. If he wins, I'm okay with that, but...
Kris has evolved throughout the season. Just about every one of his performances was about Kris making a song his, while being true to his style. He listened to advice, and got better and better week after week. He became a star right before our eyes, and to me, that's what AI is all about.
My vote is for Kris tonight.

dxwwf3

That vote was one big middle finger to the judges. People were sick and tired of them pusing Adam no matter what he did. They tried to rig the thing and it blew up in their face.

imagineer boy

YES! YES! YES! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: My summer now has a good send off. :D

The golden idol awards to Norman, Bikini Girl, and Tatiana were HILARIOUS! Bikini girl was the best one too.

hcswingfield

Kris was my choice - and he proved that people will vote for talent, even if the show producers don't promote it. He got vertually NO air time during the audition shows and Hollywood rounds. When he made the top twelve, I thought "where did he come from?" Then he started doing really great song interpretations week after week, and showed what a true musician he really is. When can I buy the CD? I also think Allison, Danny and Adam will do great things in the future. This season had a lot of talent.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
1. Queen Latifa should not under any circumstances be allowed in public view wearing tights! :hurl:

2. I am impressed that the right guy won, despite the judges.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Except for Rod Stewart it was a great show!

Considering she was not even in the top 10, don't you think Alexis had as much air time as Adam and Kris :confused:

imagineer boy

Steve Martain's song was surprisingly really good. Even though Megan sang some of it :)hurl:), he should probably concentrate more on making songs like this instead of making bad movies.

Adam's Kiss song, just when you thought Adam couldn't get any more gothic. :lol: They could've added Mr. B Natural prancing around and it would've been perfect!

And I mentioned the golden idols, those were truly the highlights of the night. And it looks like bikini girl borrowed Kelley Pickler's "shoes." :lookaroun It was also awesome when Kara came on stage and outsung her.:lol:

I think this was really one of the best Idol finales ever.

Nicole220

Definitely the best Idol finale. Wow!

I didn't watch this season, except for a few shows here and there. I'm glad Kris won. But Adam and Kiss tonight was my favorite. SO good!!!

happymom52003

I'm getting a bit irritated at all of the headlines about "The Big Upset" and "Shocking Results" etc...

The only reason for that is because of how the judges gushed over Adam and pretty much declared him the winner early on.

But in real life, out of everyone I know that watches Idol, the vast majority of them were rooting for Kris. Even on this forum, there were very few of us that were rooting for Adam. And on other non-Disney forums I visit, most people were rooting for Kris.

There was so much talk during the finale and afterwards about how close it was going to be...so if it was going to be so close that a winner could not be predicted, then how is that a "Shocking Upset"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom