American Idol: Season 8!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I thought Adam was near perfect on his first song, except one note where it sounded like he forgot where he was going with it...

Kris was perfect on his first.

Adam's second song was a horrible choice for him and he was doing OK despite that until he started screaming, then you couldn't make out the words and it was terrible.

Kris' second song I thought he did a lot better than the judges gave him credit for and did do some changes to make it his own despite Simon's comments to the contrary.

Third song was an abomination for both of them, it didn't suit either of them and Kris was marginally less bad. Kara has to go, she contributed nothing of value to the season.

Although I'm sadly confident American won't get it right, Kris truly deserves to win. Adam is a shallow, egotistical, one trick pony who will sputter and die in the business. But that's just my opinion. :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Although I'm sadly confident American won't get it right, Kris truly deserves to win. Adam is a shallow, egotistical, one trick pony who will sputter and die in the business. But that's just my opinion. :lol:

I agree with this statement 100% :king:

dxwwf3

I've got nothing against Adam personally and I think he IS talented. But as I've said 1,000 times the screaming that the judges just lose their mind over is TERRIBLE

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've got nothing against Adam personally and I think he IS talented. But as I've said 1,000 times the screaming that the judges just lose their mind over is TERRIBLE
I agree absolutely, his first song was proof of his talent and if he would stick to quality ballads or at least songs that don't require either falsetto or screaming, he'd be fantastic. But he seems to think his screaming crap is good and the idiot judges encouraged that thinking.

Fantasmic!329

Was anyone else slightly annoyed that Kara co-wrote the Winner's Song?
I don't think the judges should do anything but judge. They shouldn't be writing a song for them during the competition! After the show is done is a different story, but not during.

imagineer boy

I thought Adam was near perfect on his first song, except one note where it sounded like he forgot where he was going with it...

Adam's second song was a horrible choice for him and he was doing OK despite that until he started screaming, then you couldn't make out the words and it was terrible.

Kris' second song I thought he did a lot better than the judges gave him credit for and did do some changes to make it his own despite Simon's comments to the contrary.

Third song was an abomination for both of them, it didn't suit either of them and Kris was marginally less bad. Kara has to go, she contributed nothing of value to the season.

Agreed 100%. I've voted for Kris and gotten through about ten times. Mostly busy signals which is good.

GenerationX

Both guys nailed their first songs. Both guys were adequate on their second songs, which were poorly chosen. Kara writes for people like Kelly Clarkson and Christina Aguilera ... which is where her song would've been better placed. Didn't work for either of them. At least it made for fair performances.

Winner for the evening: Kris (barely)

Winner in votes: Kris (barely, thanks to Gokey voters)

nibblesandbits

I voted on and off basically all night for Kris until the voting was closed...I couldn't get through the first few hours...but with like an hour and a half left, I got through many times.

I did try calling Adam's line to see what his busy status was...his did seem to be busy more.

Near the end though, both were equally empty...

Let's just hope Kris gets enough of Danny's votes to pull this one out...go Kris go!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Was anyone else slightly annoyed that Kara co-wrote the Winner's Song?
I don't think the judges should do anything but judge. They shouldn't be writing a song for them during the competition! After the show is done is a different story, but not during.

This is nothing new, "Idol songs" have been written/co-written by Randy and other Idol cast for most if not all previous years.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

But doesn't that describe half of the industry? In truth, both of them have a lot more talent than many relatively successful acts that are out there.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I was totally underwhelmed by the show last night. First songs were good...but they were repeats. Second song chosen by SF were dull and the Kara penned song was sappy.

Dukeblue1227

I think the finales would be much better if the finalists were able to choose all three of their songs themselves.

Agreed.

I think the "sing something you already sang" thing was WICKED DUMB...

I think Adam wins tonight.

I liked Kris A LOT... but I personally, IMO, just thought Adam was better.

I think based on the season, Adam deserves it.

But, Kris will have a better career.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Adam became VERY predictable as the weeks went on. His shrieking and carrying on got old fast. :rolleyes:

k.hunter30

Agreed.

I think the "sing something you already sang" thing was WICKED DUMB...

I think Adam wins tonight.

I liked Kris A LOT... but I personally, IMO, just thought Adam was better.

I think based on the season, Adam deserves it.

But, Kris will have a better career.
No matter the outcome tonight, I agree with the above.

ThinkTink721

I am still routing for Kris.
I liked how he mixed up his performances - one w/ the piano, one w/ the guitar & the other just him & the mic.
I really enjoyed his 1st song.
I liked his guitar playing on the 2nd song.
I think he did better than Adam on the 3rd song.

It will be interesting!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Dialidol.com has it as a toss-up with Kris in a statistically insignificant lead. :shrug:

"Predictions are too close to call this week! This is the first time this has ever happened for an American Idol finale in the history of DialIdol.com. No matter what conclusions you draw from DialIdol's predictions - think again!

Only 1.1% separate Kris and Adam - this is too close to call no matter how you calculate margin of error and no matter how many directions you apply it.

Kris seems to have that inconsequential, 1.1% lead over Adam and he held that lead pretty much the whole night. DialIdol measured the busy signal every four minutes last night. What was interesting was that Kris seemed to consistently beat Adam by that slim margin for the first two hours of voting - as opposed to them alternating victories. This is a sign that the data you see is accurate but - again - there is no way to call it accurate when only 1.1% separates them!

Adam seemed to fair better on the West coast winning all three Pacific states and edging Kris more often than not. Traditionally these Pacific states have a hard time over-riding what happened in the rest of the country but with scores this close it is simply too close to call!

This should make for one heck of a finale!
"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom