American Idol: Season 8!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'm getting a bit irritated at all of the headlines about "The Big Upset" and "Shocking Results" etc...

The only reason for that is because of how the judges gushed over Adam and pretty much declared him the winner early on.

But in real life, out of everyone I know that watches Idol, the vast majority of them were rooting for Kris. Even on this forum, there were very few of us that were rooting for Adam. And on other non-Disney forums I visit, most people were rooting for Kris.

There was so much talk during the finale and afterwards about how close it was going to be...so if it was going to be so close that a winner could not be predicted, then how is that a "Shocking Upset"?

Always interesting to speculate on why people vote the way they do...and I enjoyed both performers and their very different styles, so didn't really care which one won.

I do think there might be a backlash reaction when the judges come across as being so biased. With Adam having been all but crowned two weeks ago by the judges, I wonder how many people voted against him just because they did not want to be told how to vote....

Similar situation with Dancing with the Stars this year...

Golden Idols were very clever...especially Kara and Bikini Girl...or should I say enhanced Bikini Girl...:lookaroun. Kudo's to Kara for doing the duet then "giving it up" for charity.

The Adam Kiss pairing was perfect...proud of myself that I guessed it as soon as I saw his outfit.
Keith Urban and Queen Latifa performances were also great pairings.

Computer Magic

Always interesting to speculate on why people vote the way they do...and I enjoyed both performers and their very different styles, so didn't really care which one won.

I do think there might be a backlash reaction when the judges come across as being so biased. With Adam having been all but crowned two weeks ago by the judges, I wonder how many people voted against him just because they did not want to be told how to vote....

Similar situation with Dancing with the Stars this year...

Golden Idols were very clever...especially Kara and Bikini Girl...or should I say enhanced Bikini Girl...:lookaroun. Kudo's to Kara for doing the duet then "giving it up" for charity.

The Adam Kiss pairing was perfect...proud of myself that I guessed it as soon as I saw his outfit.
Keith Urban and Queen Latifa performances were also great pairings.
I agree with your entire post. A lot of votes went to Kris because he was declared in "under dog". America loves under dogs and hate being told what to do. Just like when American threw out England in 1776.

As for people not thinking he was an Under Dog. How many voted for him to win in our little contest?

As for who will have a better career, I'll tell you in 5 years. SO far the only Idol with staying power is Kelly and Carrie....

ThinkTink721

I think Kris was surprised when he won.
I was so happy for him! :D
I loved his final Idol performance (maybe that song will make it on his 1st album).
The show was entertaining for the most part.
I enjoyed KISS, Queen, & The Blackeyed Peas.
I think that Adam was surprised that he did not win.
I agree that the judges pegged him as the winner, but the judges don't have the final say.
I just hope that Kris stays true to himself as he progresses w/ his singing career.
I can't wait to see how his 1st album turns out!

:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think Kris was surprised when he won.
I was so happy for him! :D
I loved his final Idol performance (maybe that song will make it on his 1st album).
The show was entertaining for the most part.
I enjoyed KISS, Queen, & The Blackeyed Peas.
I think that Adam was surprised that he did not win.
I agree that the judges pegged him as the winner, but the judges don't have the final say.
I just hope that Kris stays true to himself as he progresses w/ his singing career.
I can't wait to see how his 1st album turns out!

:wave:
I don't know if it has to be on his first album, but it does get released as his first single, it's part of the prize package for winning.

He did a nicer job last night, but the song itself is still horrible... yet another in the long list of reasons not to keep Kara as the fourth judge.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

happymom52003

This article says Adam may have lost due to his sexuality: http://www.usmagazine.com/news/did-adam-lambert-sexuality-cost-idol-title-2009215

What do you think??

If that were the case, I do not think he would have gotten as far as he did. People who wanted him to win are just looking for excuses.

Adam and Kris are two very different performers. They are like night and day. Very few people are going to be into both of their styles. People who really loved Adam most likely found Kris to be boring, and people who really loved Kris most likely found Adam to be over the top.

Adam is nowhere near being mainstream. So I just do not get why everyone is so surprised that he lost. It was such a close contest, it really could have gone either way. Going into the finale I felt like they both pretty much had an equal chance. It was very hard to predict. That was even mentioned not only by the judges, but also in the media. So why is everyone so surprised??

I feel sorry for Kris after reading all of the headlines today. The media is making it seem like he did not deserve to win.

hcswingfield

This article says Adam may have lost due to his sexuality: http://www.usmagazine.com/news/did-adam-lambert-sexuality-cost-idol-title-2009215

What do you think??

I know a lot of gay people, including myself, who voted for Kris because we like his style of music better. I think most voters treated it as a music competition, and didn't care about the personal lives of the contestants. I know in high school when my friends were listening to Led Zeppelin and The Doors, I was listening to James Taylor, Carly Simon, and Carole King. There are a lot of glam rock fans out there, but I think last night proved there are also a lot of soft rock/acoustic fans, too.

k.hunter30

What do you think??
No matter what I may or may not think about that, I just thought his screaming/screeching got old...:shrug: Granted, it was on key and all.. it just got old. And I think America agreed.

If an AI winner had to be named three weeks ago, Adam would have won it. But I think we all got kinda tired of the same thing from him.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
gay/not probably only had a minor contribution
make-up/nail polish/ goth/glam rock probably did much more to limit
then combine that, as has be said before the overdone screaming and falsetto with the judges gushing over him...Simon crowning him weeks before and Kara basically having an O.....people like "underdogs" and often respond in the opposite when they are told who they should vote for.

...not at all meaning to minimize the direct appeal of the very different style of Kris that earned votes on his own. As others have said, they just liked him better.

ThinkTink721

I don't know if it has to be on his first album, but it does get released as his first single, it's part of the prize package for winning.

He did a nicer job last night, but the song itself is still horrible... yet another in the long list of reasons not to keep Kara as the fourth judge.

Good points! :wave:

wvdisneyfamily

No matter what I may or may not think about that, I just thought his screaming/screeching got old...:shrug: Granted, it was on key and all.. it just got old. And I think America agreed.

If an AI winner had to be named three weeks ago, Adam would have won it. But I think we all got kinda tired of the same thing from him.

Agreed!

I wanted to start a write in campaign for Anoop :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom