American Idol Poll

When I next visit WDW I am going to....

• Skip the American Idol Experience completely because I am not at all interested in seeing it.

Votes: 160 47.6%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience as a member of the audience and see the show.

Votes: 155 46.1%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience to audition to participate in the show as a contestant.

Votes: 21 6.3%

• Total voters

Grumpy-Fan

I myself am not interested in waisting the oh so valuable time on this attraction but my wife is very insistent. Does it really take two hours?:brick:

nibblesandbits

I myself am not interested in waisting the oh so valuable time on this attraction but my wife is very insistent. Does it really take two hours?:brick:
I don't know where you heard the two hour thing from...unless maybe they were talking about audtion stuff...the actual show is typically around a half an hour or so...the finale lasts a bit longer, since there's more singers. :wave:

Grumpy-Fan

I don't know where you heard the two hour thing from...unless maybe they were talking about audtion stuff...the actual show is typically around a half an hour or so...the finale lasts a bit longer, since there's more singers. :wave:
Maybe I thought it was 2 hours because the sign has the shows being every two hours.:shrug:

DebS

Would like to see it once but not twice.
A friend participated as a contestant during soft opening and she really enjoyed it.
I'd much rather experience a new ride or even a new restaurant:p

SAV

I will walk right past. I have zero interest in the attraction and have never seen the show.

If I want to hear poor singing, I can listen to myself sing in the shower for free every day.

As others have said, I would rather spend the time waiting at TSM.

mrsports182

I attended a noon American Idol Show on a recent trip. I am not a big fan of the real show, so I was kind of sceptical. The show itself was ok. It really depends on whosw performing. Better performers would make a better show.The ones in my show were good. The saff in the theater made the experience a little bad. If you have the time try to see the show.

PLeyava

I experienced it for the first time today, the finale show, and I have to say, not being a fan of A.I. at all, it was pretty cool. Disney did a FANTASTIC job with the stage, lighting, everything! It's absolutely gorgeous! There is a show every hour, I saw the finale, about 40 minutes, but it was kinda fun actually! At least in the finale show there isn't bad signing, since it's all the finalist's.

I am not a fan of A.I. at all, never watched it really, but I actually enjoyed this, I would do it again, more than twice.

the-reason14

I saw the show, and enjoyed it. It's probably not something I would watch every trip, maybe every other trip, but I think it is really well done. The only bad thing were the performers. They were absolutely horrible, but they could make it big on the disney channel though. But overall it was pretty well done, and I think if you watched the show, or are fans of it, you will love the AI show at mgm. Maybe next time Ill perform.

krankenstein

I thought I would absolutely hate the show because...well I hate AI the TV show. However, I was VERY impressed with the show. It isn't something I will do every trip, but I will watch it again. They did a fantastic job with the pre show and setting the mood. The judges were cool, and the stage is just fantastic.

To everyone who said they will not give it I look, I really think you should. It will only take about 45 minutes of your time, and I really think you will find it enjoyable. :wave:

Leianne

We just came back from our trip, and I thought of this thread as soon as I saw the first show.
I think its such as shame that so many people have such a closed mind. All of you who refuse to see the show, are really missing out. :(
What an AMAZING set! The show is very well thought out and fluid. I really enjoyed it. Everyone in our group did. And we don't all watch AI the show. This is a new "must do" for us.

Foolish Mortal

I think its such as shame that so many people have such a closed mind. All of you who refuse to see the show, are really missing out. :(

And I wished people could just accept that some of us simply have no interest in this at all and leave it be. Why are we small minded when we KNOW it's not our thing and would be hating every second of sitting there just to pacify everyone else that we gave it a shot ? I have NO DOUBT Disney did a tremendous job with this, I just don't want to see it. Talent shows aren't my thing. For those that want to see it and like this type of attraction, ENJOY, have a great time, just don't get offended when some us express our opinion otherwise.

DizneyPryncess

I was 100% opposed to this attraction from day one. I was one who thought the show's bubble had burst and that this attraction would've been better 5 years ago. I didn't think it was Disney at all.

That said - I went to Hollywood Studios last week, and was forced to see the 12:00 noon showing because my family wanted to. I was very pleasantly surprised by it. The set really is amazing - beyond what I imagined. We went back for the finale and I have to say I was blown away. At least 4 of the people who sang could have record deals and could be on the show. I could not believe this much talent was wandering around the park.

I don't know if that's the case every day, or if we just had a lucky day. But I was convinced that this was nothing more than a karaoke attraction and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Give it a shot - you might like it more than you think! :)

Lucky

I'm not interested enough in it to watch it at home for free. I'll use my DHS park time for RnRC, ToT, TSMM, Fantasmic and Mama Melrose's.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Seeing it twice in one day last month, I'm opting for only going back if myself or someone in my group makes it through to the show. I really can't imagine enjoying it as much as I did if my sister had not been on the stage. :shrug:

expedition_evan

Good luck! :)How do you reserve an audition? ive never heard this before

thanks!
to make an audition reservations you can go to the AIE website and click on auditions. There should be a list a things like the song list and FAQs and then you will see a place to make your audition reservations.. i think its really cool because now im guranteed to have an audition, and i made mine so that i will be able to do it first thing when i get to the park!

expedition_evan

On tuesday i performed in the show and it was an absolutely amazing experience! everything about it from the auditions to actually being on stage was truly incredible. i didnt end up winning, but it was such a great experience anyway! i also saw several performances throughout the week and i must say that i definitely depends on who performs... the day that i did the show was amazing because just about every single person deserved to win, but that was not the case on the other performances. i would definitely recommend going to see the show... it will be worth it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom