American Idol Finals

Invero

Original Poster
Okay, so did anyone else watch American Idol this week? AKKKK I'm having a hard time voting!! So many great performances....

Main Street USA

As far as vocal talent goes, Clay Atkins blows everyone else out of the water. He is the ONLY contestant I heard that had full control of his voice throughout, not to mention an unbelievable knack for performing.

BTW, Clay Atkins is the skinny white guy with the spiky brown hair.

Parkeit

Clay Aiken is amazing! He is the winner in my book. I also really love Vanessa with the red hair, I think thats her name. But yeah, Clay rocks!

SpongeScott

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuben!!!!!!!!!

Gotta go with my man from Alabama. He does our state proud.

To me, it was easier to pick someone to elminate tonight. I wasn't that impressed with Kimberly Locke (first one who sang) and Charles. Trenyce was INCREDIBLE.

Tonight's show:
1. Trenyce
2. Ruben
3. Clay

Debbie

My favorites are:
Ruben
Clay
Trenyce
The blond chick who sang in about the 4th or 5th turn? I didn't catch her name. Not the Carmen girl.

Invero

Original Poster
Indeed, Clay, Trenyse and Ruben were my top three favorites as well. We shall see tonight what everyone else thought... yay... LOL... (Im such an addict... akk! lol)

Mitzer

Clay all the way!

My vote would be for Clay also. He has unbelievable showmanship. He looks like he is very comfortable performing, not to mention having a fantastic voice.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Debbie
My favorites are:
Ruben
Clay
Trenyce
The blond chick who sang in about the 4th or 5th turn? I didn't catch her name. Not the Carmen girl.
Debbie, that would be Kimberly Caldwell from Katy, TX.

I need to get a life. I know too much about these people....

soonershok

Agree on Ruben and Clay. They are very good. I dont know what the judges see in that Carmen chick. She is horrible. I think simon is blinded by her looks.???

And I totally agree with dizneyfreak. 24 is the best show on TV...how dare they take it off for the next 2 weeks.

BRER STITCH

Some good talent this time around, but ......IDOL-WORTHY????

That's yet to be proven. :rolleyes:

Much easier to vote somebody out, so my vote as WORST performance last night goes to the first singer last night - the brunette Kimberly. Not good.

In all fairness, the MOTOWN theme was tough because those songs were written to showcase the SONG, not the singer. Not alot of opportunity to showcase the voice with all those lyrics! HAHA!

Exceptional last night was Reuben and Clay.

tiggerlover1971

my pics are Jason( military man ) kimberly caldwell and clay those are the ones that I thought rocked yesterday oh and also corey I thought he was good too

SpongeScott

Originally posted by soonershok
Agree on Ruben and Clay. They are very good. I dont know what the judges see in that Carmen chick. She is horrible. I think simon is blinded by her looks.???
I agree with you about Carmen and I have an opinion on why she was chosen. However, I won't say it here. PM me if you want to know. She did better last night--much better than the wild-card show.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by Main Street USA
As far as vocal talent goes, Clay Atkins blows everyone else out of the water. He is the ONLY contestant I heard that had full control of his voice throughout, not to mention an unbelievable knack for performing.

BTW, Clay Atkins is the skinny white guy with the spiky brown hair.

To be Perfectly honest, when clay first came out that first day of try-outs, i was FULLY PREPAIRED for one of the hillariously horrible singers. As soon as he opened his mouth, my jaw dropped!
He Rocks!

Julia is Local for me...she lives in the next town over and i live next to the hair salon she works at (in fact, i tan there sometimes) so thats pretty exciting.

And Josh, my marine :), well he's sooo cute and he's got a really good voice... I didnt think it was fair that Ruben sang the same song as him!!! Everyone should have gotten their OWN song!! I mean since Ruben was last, people rememberd him more than Josh.

I am SOOO addicted to this show... Last year, I thought my roommate was silly for watching this show all the time... hehe i guess I was the silly one for NOT.

woohoo go idol!

Invero

Original Poster
Originally posted by freaklarm
Trenyce, she is my girl, she is awesome. Clay, great voice, Ruben, I'm not a great fan of him.

Ruben has a great voice, and definetly posesses something that makes the judges love his performance. Me personally, Im not too big on his image... Needs a new wardrobe perhaps?

Kenan

I really liked Kimberly and Clay, they were my two favorites. Even though Kimberly didnt perform to her potential, she will always be a fave. As for Clay, he did excellent. Simons comments about being a "motown musical" was WAY out of proportion.

DisneyJedi

I haven't seen it yet, but am looking forward to it. That's what I get for always watching shows on time-delay on the TiVo or Dishplayer. I just can't stand watching commercials. I miss out on the day-after water cooler talk though.

Anyway without even seeing the show yesterday, I am still rooting for Clay! His last performance was great! Can't wait to see last night's!

In case anyone wants to mess around, I started a fun thread in the digital media section for Disney singalongs and even submitted a scary example from myself. We can have our own Disney American Idol. I hope some more people submit some singing there too. I'd be interested to find our very own idol here on the board. :)

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Kenan
I really liked Kimberly and Clay, they were my two favorites. Even though Kimberly didnt perform to her potential, she will always be a fave. As for Clay, he did excellent. Simons comments about being a "motown musical" was WAY out of proportion.
Yeah, what was up with the "Motown musical" comment? :veryconfu :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom