News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

Goofyernmost

I despise cheaters. He could be on fire and I'd drink the bucket of water before I throw it on him to put it out.
You must despise just about everyone. Perhaps you should talk to someone about what business it is of yours if not being done to you. Whatever his indiscretions might have been, it was none of our business. Our concern should only be with the degree of quality he was able to show with his chosen area of expertise. Again... there will be no movie at all in AA if they scratched the surface to see who had questionable morals.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Then I guess we should take a few others out too. Let's see, just off the top of my head... JFK, Roosevelt, Almost any sport super star that has used performance enhancing drugs, from all sports and all high achievers. Mickey Mantle was an alcoholic, Babe Ruth too. We either have to accept that even though they are somehow looked upon as special, they are first and foremost human beings. We need to stop having all these double standards. Tigers DUI is public mostly because of his fame. The others we don't hear about, and for the first time the explanation really did seem to make sense, not ego driven. Look at the moral mess we have in Washington. We tend to be particular at who we point fingers of shame at while letting others skate right on by.
I'll point you to the Naked Communist.

What is interesting about the anti-moralists, is that the factions they create, institute ideologues far more interested in their own moralities than the general society.

Take, for example, women more concerned about cheating. "Tiger is awful, because he cheated! He is morally bankrupt!" And, yet, when challenged, the same person can't fathom that people she may (or may not) idolize as positive social role models...also cheated.

And, she gets offended when this is pointed out...because, only the black/asian golf player is evil, not JFK...or BILL CLINTON...those were GREAT MEN!

(facepalms)

And, this is where you get into Bell Hooks level of social dissection. Where men, in and of themselves, and society as a whole is the victim of "toxic masculinity"...

It's all communist nonsense. The sort of thing that is fun to talk about over drinks, but should be relegated to just that, as it is obviously intellectually lazy, but emotionally gratifying at a near religious level...for a society that has, largely, turned away from organized religion.

The interesting thing is that communism....has to market itself as the worth of the individual, whilst the system in practice discourages it. And yet, capitalism...has to market to the whole...the "market"...whilst as a system, empowers the individual.

But, this isn't the thread for Friedman, I suppose...

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I assume they are keeping "Golden Dream"? I can't imagine the finale of the show without that inspiring song. I also hope the final dialog between Ben and Mark isn't changed too dramatically, it is equally inspiring.

I doubt any audio from 82 will change at all..Unfortunatley Dallas Mckennon can't re-record his audio since he's been gone for 9 years now..Anytime I hear him do this voice I think of when he did the Voice of Mr. Weatherbee on the Archie show...
mr-weatherbee-the-archie-show-95.3.jpg

Of course you can also hear him as a preshow bird at the Tiki room and the safety spiel on Big Thunder Mountain..

Last edited:

halltd

I assume they are keeping "Golden Dream"? I can't imagine the finale of the show without that inspiring song. I also hope the final dialog between Ben and Mark isn't changed too dramatically, it is equally inspiring.
That song is my favorite thing still at Epcot (the old Universe of Energy song was my favorite.) If they get rid of it, I’ll be devastated.

Alice a

Late to the game, but Jobs' talent was seeing the potential in others' developments. So how about Xerox and Woz seeing some love?

Walt d

I think he belongs for two reasons:

1) He was an excellent cyclist
2) His inspirational impact on society through his cancer initiatives

I mean, come on...everyone for a few years was virtue signalling with their WWLanceD yellow rubber bracelets they got at the local gas station. That was AMAZING! And the licensing for merchandise alone!

I wonder, though...how much of the foundation money earned made it into actual cancer research and aid?

Oh...a LOT of it.

http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/dollars/post/_/id/1206/in-numbers-lance-armstrong-foundation

And, that is highly respectable.
Lance was set up. If you watch the tour after every race they are tested.there is a moter home at the end of each race, there and yet thay , wait 2 years before they tell evey one, he was doping. Were not geting the whole story. Its all to bad.

NearTheEars

I doubt it. Aren’t they lyrics up on the ceiling as you exit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom