Pre-Trip Almost 40 and first time for kids

I feel like a complete newbie but here it goes my first pre-trip report.

Who – Me (Cora), Husband (Jim), Daughter #1 (7.5) and Daughter #2 (2.5)

Why – I am turning 40! We have spent the last 10 years saving for our daughter’s adoptions. We went to WDW almost 20 years ago and I want to share with these awesome girls, I actually turn 40 2 weeks after our trip but sometimes timing just doesn’t work out the way you want.

Where – art of Animation Little Mermaid Room with Park Hopper Tickets and dining.

When – Spring Break, I know not ideal but Jim is a teacher and so he has limited options. April 3- 11. But really the 4-10 due to travel days coming from the west coast.

Plans – I feel I have over scheduled a bit but I am really ok with missing what we miss and changing or canceling if we need to.

Day one – Travel then MK for the evening

FP+ 7 Dwarves Mine train 5:55-6:55

Enchanted Tales with Belle 7:00-8:00

Peter Pan's Flight 8:05- 9:00

Day two – Magic Kingdom

ADR – BOG 12:10

FP+ 7 Dwarves Mine train 11:25-12-25

Fairy tale Princess Hall 1:20-2:20

Jungle Cruise 2:35-3:35

Day Three – Epcot

ADR – Akershus 12:20

Nine Dragons 7:00 (Our girls are from China and though this would be great)

FP+ Spaceship earth 9:35-10:35

Turtle Talk 11:00-12:00

Frozen Ever After 1:35-2:35

Day Four – Animal Kingdom

ADR – Sanaa 5:45

FP+ - Kali River Rapids 10:25-11:25

Kilimanjaro Safaris 11:45-12:45

Dinosaur 2:15-3:15

Day Five- Magic Kingdom

ADR – Crystal Palace 12:25

FP+ - Buzz lightyear space ranger spin 9:40-10:40

Splash Mountain 1:50-2:50

7 Dwarves Mine train 4:25-5:25

Day Six – Epcot

ADR - Garden Grill 1:00

FP+ - Spaceship earth 9:20-10:20

Livin'with the land 11:25-12:25

Frozen ever after 2:25-3:25

Day Seven – Holly Studios

ADR - California Grill 8:50pm

FP+ - Tower of terror 9:40-10:40

Toy Story Mania 10:45-11:45

Frozen Sing a long 12-12:15

Day Eight - Magic Kingdom

ADR – O’Hana 4:05

FP+ - 7 Dwarves Mine train 10:30-11:30

Peter Pan's Flight 11:30-12:30

Buzz lightyear space ranger spin 2:10-3:10

We also want to fit in a first Hair cut for #2 at Harmony Barbershop and maybe a BBB or mermaid Pirate league thing for #1 but no reservations yet.

Hope this works out :)

amjt660

Premium Member
Oh and I forgot to mention I spent my 40th on a trip to California
4 Days at DLR and then I was at a San Diego Padres game on my actual BDay (my DW and DDs put my name up on the board!!)
With all the help you will get from this board you will have a great trip

Max

Plowboy

Just a thought from a fellow west coaster. What type of flight arrangements do you have? The only reason I mention it is on our last trip (11/16) we got stuck in Phoenix on a connection due to plane trouble and arrived at MCO 3 hours late. Instead of dinner at 7:30 at Sanaa we had dinner at 10:00 at the Pop foodcourt. My point is, stuff happens. We west coasters can have a bit more to deal with on travel day than our east coast brethren. My advice for the first day is just take in the "world" aura when you arrive on the first night and then hit it hard on day 2.

Frogglet

Original Poster
Just a thought from a fellow west coaster. What type of flight arrangements do you have? The only reason I mention it is on our last trip (11/16) we got stuck in Phoenix on a connection due to plane trouble and arrived at MCO 3 hours late. Instead of dinner at 7:30 at Sanaa we had dinner at 10:00 at the Pop foodcourt. My point is, stuff happens. We west coasters can have a bit more to deal with on travel day than our east coast brethren. My advice for the first day is just take in the "world" aura when you arrive on the first night and then hit it hard on day 2.

We are flying direct from Seattle so I hope that it all works out and made some FPs but no dinning reservations for this reason and we are OK with if it ends up being just a resort night (well at least that is what I am telling myself). Last year the girls and us barely survived a 12 hour flight from China so we are really hoping that the 5 hour flight will be more bearable. I need to start planning plane activities now :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Looking forward to reading upcoming details. Sounds like you have a fun trip planned. Just a tip--expect to add in a few rest breaks (they can be brief). With so much going on at the parks, it can be sensory overload at times, so it's nice to find a few minutes here and there to relax and regroup. :)

Frogglet

Original Poster
Tonight I prettied up (is that a word) our autograph books!! I have been looking for a way to make these little sketch pad a little more fun for our trip and I found this great sparkly duct tape today! I also got a haircut appointment for my 2 year old today at Harmony Barber Shop for a first hair cut and a BBB appointment for my 7 year old!

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Tonight I prettied up (is that a word) our autograph books!! I have been looking for a way to make these little sketch pad a little more fun for our trip and I found this great sparkly duct tape today! I also got a haircut appointment for my 2 year old today at Harmony Barber Shop for a first hair cut and a BBB appointment for my 7 year old!
View media item 2760View media item 2759

Just an fyi--the links would not open for me.

Frogglet

Original Poster
I guess I don't know how to add pictures yet :)
IMG_3991.JPG
IMG_3992.JPG

Woo Hoo figured it out :)

Last edited:

Frogglet

Original Poster
48 Days to go and I just ditched the Dinosaur FP for a Rivers of Light FP at 8:45, I'm hoping I have enough time to keep the Sanaa reservation or should I change that too?? I kinda promised my husband no more changes but he probably won't notice :)

amjt660

Premium Member
48 Days to go and I just ditched the Dinosaur FP for a Rivers of Light FP at 8:45, I'm hoping I have enough time to keep the Sanaa reservation or should I change that too?? I kinda promised my husband no more changes but he probably won't notice :)
You could switch it up for Tiffins
I hear it is great ;)
(okay I admit it is me telling everyone it is great)

Max

Last edited:

Frogglet

Original Poster
EEEKKKKK!!! SQUEALLLLLLL! I got these today. So excited we have 32 days to go!
IMG_4098.JPG

I have also started packing. I love that we are going from 30-40 degrees to 70-80 degrees because I can pack most all of our clothes early since we won't be wearing them before the trip.

Although breaking in new sandals is a little more difficult but we will figure it out :)
Sandal break in.jpg

amjt660

Premium Member
EEEKKKKK!!! SQUEALLLLLLL! I got these today. So excited we have 32 days to go!
View attachment 192229
I have also started packing. I love that we are going from 30-40 degrees to 70-80 degrees because I can pack most all of our clothes early since we won't be wearing them before the trip.

Although breaking in new sandals is a little more difficult but we will figure it out :)
View attachment 192230
You just need to rock the sandals around the house all day until they are broken in!!

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom