Pre-Trip Almost 40 and first time for kids

I feel like a complete newbie but here it goes my first pre-trip report.

Who – Me (Cora), Husband (Jim), Daughter #1 (7.5) and Daughter #2 (2.5)

Why – I am turning 40! We have spent the last 10 years saving for our daughter’s adoptions. We went to WDW almost 20 years ago and I want to share with these awesome girls, I actually turn 40 2 weeks after our trip but sometimes timing just doesn’t work out the way you want.

Where – art of Animation Little Mermaid Room with Park Hopper Tickets and dining.

When – Spring Break, I know not ideal but Jim is a teacher and so he has limited options. April 3- 11. But really the 4-10 due to travel days coming from the west coast.

Plans – I feel I have over scheduled a bit but I am really ok with missing what we miss and changing or canceling if we need to.

Day one – Travel then MK for the evening

FP+ 7 Dwarves Mine train 5:55-6:55

Enchanted Tales with Belle 7:00-8:00

Peter Pan's Flight 8:05- 9:00

Day two – Magic Kingdom

ADR – BOG 12:10

FP+ 7 Dwarves Mine train 11:25-12-25

Fairy tale Princess Hall 1:20-2:20

Jungle Cruise 2:35-3:35

Day Three – Epcot

ADR – Akershus 12:20

Nine Dragons 7:00 (Our girls are from China and though this would be great)

FP+ Spaceship earth 9:35-10:35

Turtle Talk 11:00-12:00

Frozen Ever After 1:35-2:35

Day Four – Animal Kingdom

ADR – Sanaa 5:45

FP+ - Kali River Rapids 10:25-11:25

Kilimanjaro Safaris 11:45-12:45

Dinosaur 2:15-3:15

Day Five- Magic Kingdom

ADR – Crystal Palace 12:25

FP+ - Buzz lightyear space ranger spin 9:40-10:40

Splash Mountain 1:50-2:50

7 Dwarves Mine train 4:25-5:25

Day Six – Epcot

ADR - Garden Grill 1:00

FP+ - Spaceship earth 9:20-10:20

Livin'with the land 11:25-12:25

Frozen ever after 2:25-3:25

Day Seven – Holly Studios

ADR - California Grill 8:50pm

FP+ - Tower of terror 9:40-10:40

Toy Story Mania 10:45-11:45

Frozen Sing a long 12-12:15

Day Eight - Magic Kingdom

ADR – O’Hana 4:05

FP+ - 7 Dwarves Mine train 10:30-11:30

Peter Pan's Flight 11:30-12:30

Buzz lightyear space ranger spin 2:10-3:10

We also want to fit in a first Hair cut for #2 at Harmony Barbershop and maybe a BBB or mermaid Pirate league thing for #1 but no reservations yet.

Hope this works out :)

MySmallWorldof4

I also got a haircut appointment for my 2 year old
I did this for 2 of my kids for their first haircuts. I love that they give you special Mickey ears and a certificate. Just be mindful that even though you have an appointment it can still get super crowded with walk-ins. There is also very little space in there for waiting. Have diversions for your 2 year old just in case you have to wait.

Frogglet

Original Poster
I did this for 2 of my kids for their first haircuts. I love that they give you special Mickey ears and a certificate. Just be mindful that even though you have an appointment it can still get super crowded with walk-ins. There is also very little space in there for waiting. Have diversions for your 2 year old just in case you have to wait.

Oh yes have a phone with some shows on it or a favorite (small) toy or two so you can play with them.

Great points, as much as we normally try to avoid electronic distractions we are planning on have plenty available for this and some of the meals that may include a bit of waiting. :)

21stamps

Is it the 40th birthday part or the how awesome that @Frogglet gets to spend it at Disney. ;)

Ha ha. I'm not going there...lol

@MySmallWorldof4 I just changed my profile photo to the first time that I spent my bday at WDW.. I was 1..have had a few others since (as a kid), and part of my 30th week long bash was at IoA..me and Orlando do have a bit of history on birthdays.. but I'll just follow this report and live vicariously thru @Frogglet ..we'll see what happens with my own plans later.lol

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Ha ha. I'm not going there...lol

@MySmallWorldof4 I just changed my profile photo to the first time that I spent my bday at WDW.. I was 1..have had a few others since (as a kid), and part of my 30th week long bash was at IoA..me and Orlando do have a bit of history on birthdays.. but I'll just follow this report and live vicariously thru @Frogglet ..we'll see what happens with my own plans later.lol
Awww.. So cute! Love the picture and I really "dig" those bell-bottoms on the person walking behind you.:)

MySmallWorldof4

We've done a few YouTube's of rides to help prepare. I loved Dinosaur in 1999 and it was one ride I was really looking forward to hope the #1 will go with me she's pretty adventurous but we will see how other things go first.
Have you gotten the kids to watch any Youtube videos of the resort? Your trip is also less than 30 days away. How exciting for you!

Frogglet

Original Poster
How did you do that?
I read through the help forum!

Glad I figured it out so I can post this trying on princess dresses picture.
IMG_4112.JPG

Also while watching Moana we found a Jawa costume for #2 (aka my sweatshirt)
IMG_4083.JPG

Only 29 days!!

MySmallWorldof4

Glad I figured it out so I can post this trying on princess dresses picture. View attachment 192622

Also while watching Moana we found a Jawa costume for #2 (aka my sweatshirt) View attachment 192623
Only 29 days!!
Help forum. Thanks!
I have a very good friend( a fellow Disney fanatic) who also has 2 adopted girls. The girls are from China. It was a long ordeal they went through to adopt them. It took 9 years after the first adoption to finally be told they would be able to adopt the second and with only a few weeks notice. They are the nicest kids.
29 days! Yay!!

amjt660

Premium Member
Cute girls!! I am sure they will have a blast during their first visit to the world

And if it is not toooo warm in April you should bring the sweatshirt

It would make for a great photo op in the Launch Bay - bring something to trade with the other Jawas

Max

Frogglet

Original Poster
So after dinner out tonight with #2 I am really re-thinking our California Grill ADR. But what to replace it with? We only have 24 days to go and we are on the dinning plan so really I need to come up with 2 options. It is not that she is naughty but when she is done she is done and that is not a meal I really wanted to rush through.

MySmallWorldof4

So after dinner out tonight with #2 I am really re-thinking our California Grill ADR. But what to replace it with? We only have 24 days to go and we are on the dinning plan so really I need to come up with 2 options. It is not that she is naughty but when she is done she is done and that is not a meal I really wanted to rush through.
You could try "The Wave" at the Contemporary. It has gotten some good reviews. I made an ADR for our next trip there. We ate there a bunch of years back when they opened it and enjoyed it, but never bothered going back. I liked the menu so booked this time.

I am Timmy

Your girls are beautiful! And changing plans is normal, as you get further into planning you get a better feel for what your needs are. When my boys were little, we went to the parks early, stayed until lunch time, went back to our resort for a nap, then headed back to the parks around 4pm. Every day. This really helped avoid melt downs. Did not do this on our first trip, learned from that, lol. We are also from the west coast, fly out of Seattle - usually through Denver. I don't know why, but my kids love airports, always have. Coral Reef is a nice place with an aquarium, ask if they can seat you next to it.

gdisneyfans

Glad I figured it out so I can post this trying on princess dresses picture. View attachment 192622

Also while watching Moana we found a Jawa costume for #2 (aka my sweatshirt) View attachment 192623
Only 29 days!!
Awww, they are so adorable!!! Your trip plans sound great and don't worry, turning 40 isn't as bad as they say:joyfull: But what a place to celebrate...even if it's a little early! Have fun!!

Frogglet

Original Poster
Awww, they are so adorable!!! Your trip plans sound great and don't worry, turning 40 isn't as bad as they say:joyfull: But what a place to celebrate...even if it's a little early! Have fun!!

I totally agree!! I think 30 was tougher. Too busy with kids when you hit 40, They help keep you young. :p 40 is the new 20 and 50 is the new 25. Yes if you keep saying it, you will believe it, and then it will come true. :):p

I have to agree! I am too busy with the littles to be worried about my age!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom