Alien Enocunter - Stitch Makeover rumor persists

WDWspider

I still see this as a great way to make this attraction more kid friendly and a great idea. Maybe one show room will be for the scardy cats and younger kids with Stitch and the other will remain the alien encounter we know. Only there should be a seperate pre-show for the Stitch one and different Storyline I think.

HMGhost13

they're so hot to make a stitch ride, they'll risk a great one? sounds like what they're doin for the movies based on rides. they say they're getting rid of time keeper, right? if not, they only use it now and then-keep CoP open, close timekeeper and put a stitich ride there!

WDWspider

Originally posted by HMGhost13
they're so hot to make a stitch ride, they'll risk a great one? sounds like what they're doin for the movies based on rides. they say they're getting rid of time keeper, right? if not, they only use it now and then-keep CoP open, close timekeeper and put a stitich ride there!

With this I agree... why convert an already acceptable attraction, leave AE and replace another spot, like Timekeeper with a Stitch attraction.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I still highly doubt this... and this is coming from my WDI contacts telling me that they don't want this happening

MKCustodial

Originally posted by mktiggerman
I still highly doubt this... and this is coming from my WDI contacts telling me that they don't want this happening

I just don't see how this makes any sense at all. What could generate this rumors? Guests that think AE is too scary for MK? Putting Stitch in there, in any way at all, is gonna make it either less scary or pointless. Actually, both! :D

MrPromey

Not that I think this is going to happen but what if they replaced the little guy in the tube with stitch?.. and then had him cause the problem in the next room that leads to the alien coming in? Then with some strategically pointed lights, they could show glimpses of the two characters in the room at various points via AA figures with Stich being responsible for getting the alien back in the tube and getting rid of it. Or they could use the tube to transfer "criminal aliens" and have Stich do a switch-out when it's his turn to get zapped across space or something. There are actually a lot of possibilities with something like this if you give it some thought.

The only problem I would see with this scenario is that it would make the attraction *seem* a lot more kid friendly meaning they'd either have to tone the alien action down a bit or else post stronger warnings outside... It could be done without serious changes to the core attraction or plot. they could just change parts of the movie to animation and show the "evil genus" professor and other characters on the screen instead of the green characters they have now.

I don't think they WILL do something like this but it could probably be done with a budget of well under $10,000,000. Heck, they could probably even reuse some of the original animation and cut costs even more.

:hammer: Doing anything to Alien Encounter would be crazy. This is a unique attraction in the Magic Kingdom, and it can be timeless since it is not attached to a character or movie that can become dated. Altering it by adding Stitch character IMHO would be assuring a replacement in several years.

Sketch105

I really don't see this happening. I mean, replacing Skippy with Stitch SEEMS like a good idea, but I think that changing this attraction is pointless. Stitch should have his own, unique attraction much like Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan do.

Plus, where do you get these numbers? 10 million, 3 million, 300 million?

This is the problem with anonymous sources. You can't name them, because they'll lose their jobs (quite understandably), but (from a journalistic point of view) you can't claim they're reliable since we don't have a name. Its a paradox we have to live with in this media age.
:hammer:

I will not believe this until I see it..or hear it from Disney.

guwag

I personally feel that anything to make AE more interesting would be excellent - I think that AE is the worst 'attraction' at MK, even the queue is more interesting :snore: :snore: I am sure that it is supposed to be scary but it isn't really at all!

jrashadb

I dunno... I kinda like AE. In fact, it's one of my favorites. I like the fact that the only thing scary about the attraction is your own overactive imagination (helped out, of course, by a few simple special effets).
Of course, if they tried to integrate Stitch into this attraction, it would no doubt turn out badly.
I like Stitch a lot and think he should have his own attraction. Somebody mentioned putting an attraction featuring him where Timekeeper is right now. I think that's an excellent idea. The whole 360º movie thing is so... 20th century. :animwink:

meanmice

I personally love Alien as it is. It is intended for older kids. Adding stich to it will creat a more tame "ride". I think that the big kids need this. Adding stich will only make it dated and too tame. I understand that some people find it to be frightening, but that's somewhat the point. I say leave it as it is.

Rider

What they should do is retheme it to Signs.

:)

Anyway, I am agianst changing it at all. At least not to Stitch. There are plenty of kid attractions at MK. Why not have one thats a bit more mature?

ArsonWinter

(I'm back after a bit of a hiatus, but here is my two cents...)

Okay, don't alter AE, if anything, Stich needs to have his own ride, if any ride at all. I don't know, it seems like they're more hip to make shows of animated features lately (Hunchback, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc.), so it's time for a new ride. This would actually be better suited to the Studios though, at least that's my first thought.

Besides, I don't want another "Mr. Toad" fiasco to happen. Build a new ride, that's fine with me, but don't ruin or retrofit any of the classics in the name of progress.

MaElStRoMROCKS

Account Suspended
i hope this is not true because i like alien Encounting because it is a good ride all the family can ride together because it doesn;t go upside down and my sister likes not being in the dark. If they put in this stitch that every people talks about, it will be bad because alein encountier is good for the family but stitch is not. Stitch use bad language and my family doesnt like to ride things together that use bad language and if they put stitch in and he uses bad language in the ride we will never ride it again as a family and my sister is small!!!

jrashadb

right... :rolleyes:

anyway, Alien Enouchter shouldn't be rethemed to anything. It should stay as it is. If anything, they should make it scarrier. The alien should be more realistic. It should come out and snap at you when the lights are on and you can see it. Signs is a very good movie, but it should not be used to change AE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom