News ALEX AND ANI to permanently close at Disney Springs

SoFloMagic

Apparently they closed most stores and their corporate headquarters earlier this year.

I have to wonder how low their Disney sales have fallen with them all being locked in cases now

Club34

The only thing I think of when I go into Disney Springs stores is how much stuff do they have to sell and at what price to afford Disney rent. Say nothing of staff, overhead, and then actually drawing a profit. Are we really shocked that these stores close as quickly as they open. The Jordan store couldn't cut it there and that is a wildly popular brand with likely a huge mark-up based on that brand.

While I was happy to see Disney Spring come to be years ago, I felt that there was no way these stores are going to be able to sustain. There must be some other business model that they have in mind. Such as Disney knows the shelf life on these stores is about 2 years or so. So new "cool" brands will come into prominence and thus try to land a coveted spot in the Springs. Then in 2-3 years, we rinse and repeat.

As you can see, I am not a businessman but perhaps someone smarter than me can break this down.

SoFloMagic

The only thing I think of when I go into Disney Springs stores is how much stuff do they have to sell and at what price to afford Disney rent. Say nothing of staff, overhead, and then actually drawing a profit. Are we really shocked that these stores close as quickly as they open. The Jordan store couldn't cut it there and that is a wildly popular brand with likely a huge mark-up based on that brand.

While I was happy to see Disney Spring come to be years ago, I felt that there was no way these stores are going to be able to sustain. There must be some other business model that they have in mind. Such as Disney knows the shelf life on these stores is about 2 years or so. So new "cool" brands will come into prominence and thus try to land a coveted spot in the Springs. Then in 2-3 years, we rinse and repeat.

As you can see, I am not a businessman but perhaps someone smarter than me can break this down.
I think some brands must treat it as a marketing expense. It gives them access to a hands-on demo of their products to an audience from around the country and world. I'd think it would drive sales to their web stores. Think love pop cards, Uniqlo (at least at first), Lego. You could build a store in every mall in the county or you could put one really expensive location at Disney, then drive repeat customers to ecommerce.

Brenthodge

I think some brands must treat it as a marketing expense. It gives them access to a hands-on demo of their products to an audience from around the country and world. I'd think it would drive sales to their web stores. Think love pop cards, Uniqlo (at least at first), Lego. You could build a store in every mall in the county or you could put one really expensive location at Disney, then drive repeat customers to ecommerce.
Very much like Michigan Ave in Chicago (pre pandemic) was. It’s a “living billboard”.

Comped

Legos problem is that they have too many stores in some parts of the country, like New England, and not enough elsewhere. The fact that they don't have at least one more store in the Orlando area it's crazy to me, because that place is always packed and I was told years ago by my people I know at Lego that they've outgrown the space well well before the pandemic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom