Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

The_Jobu

Is this a vision of Things To Come....???

229478.jpg

Zippity-do-DAD

I like to manage my own risk, and my daughters, reward only applies to those who receive it. Tremendous risk? More people have died on mission space than beers around the world. Shouldn't you be more worried about zika, alligators, and mass shootings than drinking at the MK?

Guess so.......We'll certainly see won't we.

Nick Pappagiorgio

First off, well done in the use of hyperbole to make your point ;). Second, I never said that all who drink come to a cataclysmic end. (That's an assumption you made, probably out of guilt to defend). The truth though, is that alcohol is too often a proven contributing factor in many of the battles we combat in society today. (That's a fact). Therefore it's my opinion that the tremendous RISK involved in introducing alcohol vs the seemingly minute REWARD is not worth teaching to our children, nor promoting at such a high profile venue that appeals to children.

Well lets go back to your argument about guns and your daughter. Statistics show that you are more likely to be killed by your own weapon than to use it in your own defense. Therefore, is it impossible to be a responsible gun owner just like you think it is impossible to be a responsible drinker? After all you are introducing a risk that seems to outweigh the reward.

Sonic Sunglasses

First off, well done in the use of hyperbole to make your point ;). Second, I never said that all who drink come to a cataclysmic end. (That's an assumption you made, probably out of guilt to defend). The truth though, is that alcohol is too often a proven contributing factor in many of the battles we combat in society today. (That's a fact). Therefore it's my opinion that the tremendous RISK involved in introducing alcohol vs the seemingly minute REWARD is not worth teaching to our children, nor promoting at such a high profile venue that appeals to children.
Nice try. Very nice try. Wildly off the mark as to my reasoning, by the way, since you know nothing about me save my disdain for your cherry-picking of data to support your specious arguments. I don't know why you are so afraid of the introduction of alcohol offerings to the table service restaurants, but I can only assume it's to do with your own personal guilt. And before you cry foul, you're the one who ham-handedly attempted to assign guilt to my objections to your over-the-top assertations. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

There is not one scrap of actual data vis the Disney Parks to support the doomsday scenario you're painting. It's not like there aren't exhibitions of alcohol-fueled revelries in MK already. Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean. Ring any bells? Or should we raise pitchforks and torches against these abominations and get it over with?

People will either enjoy a drink with their meal or they won't. If the concept offends you, go elsewhere.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you want, to see the consequences your actions have on others. I just hope all those that "drink responsibly" (if that's possible), are able to convey that same spirit of moderation to those they influence, particularly their kids. If not, hope it was still worth it to them.
635965383904171839526266021_189813.jpg

21stamps

There must not be a lot of Catholics in the bunch.. our school festival- we drink. Around kids. Lots of them. Never any incidents.
Our parish picnic- the church rents out a small amusement park every year. There's drinking there too, around many children, without incident.

I know Cedar Fair parks sell alcohol, with kids around.. not sure about Six Flags, but I'm assuming they do? I've never heard horror stories of drunks and traumatized children at our park at least.
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you want, to see the consequences your actions have on others. I just hope all those that "drink responsibly" (if that's possible), are able to convey that same spirit of moderation to those they influence, particularly their kids. If not, hope it was still worth it to them.
Of course it's possible. Choosing not to drink and thinking that anyone who has a drink is a drunk..those are different mindsets. One is a personal choice, completely fine. The other is narrow minded horrible outlook on your neighbors and people in general.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No liquor, no beer, nothing. Because that brings in a rowdy element. That brings people we don't want and I feel they don't need it. I feel when I go down to the park I don't need a drink.

Walter Elias Disney-1956-Saturday Evening Post
Didn't Walt drink (and rather heavily at times)? And didn't he put a private lounge in Disney Land which included not only beer and wine but hard liquor including shots?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Didn't Walt drink (and rather heavily at times)? And didn't he put a private lounge in Disney Land which included not only beer and wine but hard liquor including shots?

Club33 was intended to be a corporate/VIP lounge -- not part of Disneyland proper... and Walt never actually took part in it. He died before it was completed. Beyond including the concept in the disneyland plans.. and making it part of NOS.. he had little to do with it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Club33 was intended to be a corporate/VIP lounge -- not part of Disneyland proper... and Walt never actually took part in it. He died before it was completed. Beyond including the concept in the disneyland plans.. and making it part of NOS.. he had little to do with it.
Got it. So he included the concept in his plans and made it part of his park. Well as long as he died before it opened I guess he wasn't in favor of it;)

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

He smoked heavily and claimed to enjoy a drink at night after he had a hard day at the studio. He explicitly said that he didn't want alcohol in Disneyland though. I knew when BOG started allowing it that it was really a trial balloon. EPCOT was initially only allowed to serve it in certain restaurants and only at dinner and it wasn't allowed outside of those places. Now I can't even tell you how many drunken buffoons I've encountered over there in the evenings. We once rode Test Track with a lady that was plastered. It was right before we joined the DVC and she was talking about it and I made the mistake of engaging her about it and on the whole ride she kept yelling "DVC YEAH! DVC YEAH!" Still to this day when we ride that I look at my wife and say "DVC YEAH! DVC YEAH!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom