Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

Zippity-do-DAD

My kids have a "green light" to consume alcohol when they turn 21. It's my job as a parent to show them the proper way to do it responsibly. Hiding it from them serves no good. And remember we are agreeing to disagree on the concept that alcohol is evil so we will never see eye to eye on this.

I agree, that we will have to agree to disagree on that as well. I don't pretend it doesn't exist with my daughter, there are just some things I don't believe I should introduce to her or teach her the "responsible" way to experience it. Much like I will never teach my daughter the "responsible" way to play with a gun in her mouth or the "responsible" way to play in the highway. They are all just as dangerous and have just as deadly and senseless consequences.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There's a bit of a difference between enjoying a nice beer or glass of wine with dinner and Walt Disney World becoming a full blown nudist colony.

True.. but irrelevant to the point. It wasn't an argument of inclusion.. it was a point that my opinion, and everyone else's, mattered not to what Walt envisioned for his property.. and what made him such an innovator to start with. He had a belief, and more often than not, he was right in that his vision would be one that would be appreciated and rewarded with success.

Sonic Sunglasses

I agree, that we will have to agree to disagree on that as well. I don't pretend it doesn't exist with my daughter, there are just some things I don't believe I should introduce to her or teach her the "responsible" way to experience it. Much like I will never teach my daughter the "responsible" way to play with a gun in her mouth or the "responsible" way to play in the highway. They are all just as dangerous and have just as deadly and senseless consequences.
I'll grant you this much; your talent for hyperbole is unparalleled. :rolleyes:

JohnD

Coming into the conversation late but the recent news is pretty much what I figured: add alcohol to TS only. Even then it sounds like just beer and wine (bubbly included). No liquor. Funny that it starts just before Christmas when crowds are at their worst. Yeah, if I can manage to grab TS, I might want an adult beverage myself to get the edge off.

21stamps

Am I the only one who's jaw dropped a little at that?
I thought we had reached an understanding :( Now we're likening a cocktail to playing Russian Roulette?
I can respect that you don't enjoy drinking. Can you please show a little understanding that some people do?..and that those people, most of them, aren't some crazed maniacs after consuming said cocktail?

Sonic Sunglasses

I thought we had reached an understanding :( Now we're likening a cocktail to playing Russian Roulette?
I can respect that you don't enjoy drinking. Can you please show a little understanding that some people do?..and that those people, most of them, aren't some crazed maniacs after consuming said cocktail?
Hence my earlier comment. I'm done rolling my eyes for fear of a sprain. Time to listen to the music from "Impressions de France" with a lovely glass of merlot. I'll disclose the inevitable body count later. It should be spectacular.

Zippity-do-DAD

It's only hyperbole if I'm wrong, and by the time each of our statements prove themselves out, it will either be too late,!!

It's only hyperbole if I'm wrong. Sadly by the time our opinions prove themselves out, it will probably be too late to matter. ;)

beertiki

I started teaching my daughter how to drink responsibly at age 15. My job is to make sure she is not passed out at some party or getting her stomach pumped because she drank a pint glass of vodka because she did not know how much is too much. I also taught her to treat all guns as loaded, showed her how there could still be one in the chamber. My daughter is not growing up in fantasy land, POTC is closer to real life.

Zippity-do-DAD

Am I the only one who's jaw dropped a little at that?

Well, I'm not sure we accomplished anything other than spirited conversation. They say that keeps our republic strong here in America, so we've definitely done our patriotic duty for the day. In the end only time will tell, so....on to the future!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think you missed my point. I'm not teaching them to drink alcohol now, I'm showing them an example of an adult consuming alcohol in a responsible way so that when they are legally of age they will know how to act. Playing with guns or playing in traffic aren't things I ever want my kids to do.

Sonic Sunglasses

It's only hyperbole if I'm wrong, and by the time each of our statements prove themselves out, it will either be too late,!!
It's only hyperbole if I'm wrong. Sadly by the time our opinions prove themselves out, it will probably be too late to matter. ;)
Defending hyperbole with more hyperbole, in stereo. Nice double-down, ace. Doom-say all you like, the nightmare scenario you're painting will never come to pass. If you were even remotely right, every Renaissance faire would be a bloodbath, every NASCAR event a slaughterhouse, every NFL game utter carnage. Dial it back.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Alcohol IS acceptable. You don't seem to get that.

Are you, by chance, an Evangelical Christian?
I am. What's your point?
I couldn't care less about beer or wine being served at MK TS restaurants. I don't drink. Hubby does.
And oh yeah, he's also an Evangelical Christian - which brings me back to ... What's your point?

IMG_8732.JPG

Otterhead

I think that if you see alcohol in all its forms as an inherently evil substance, you're not going to make much headway trying to argue that with people on this forum, and that you're just wasting your own time as well as others. This forum is supposed to be about how alcohol sales will and should be handled at WDW.

Zippity-do-DAD

Defending hyperbole with more hyperbole, in stereo. Nice double-down, ace. Doom-say all you like, the nightmare scenario you're painting will never come to pass. If you were even remotely right, every Renaissance faire would be a bloodbath, every NASCAR event a slaughterhouse, every NFL game utter carnage. Dial it back.

First off, well done in the use of hyperbole to make your point ;). Second, I never said that all who drink come to a cataclysmic end. (That's an assumption you made, probably out of guilt to defend). The truth though, is that alcohol is too often a proven contributing factor in many of the battles we combat in society today. (That's a fact). Therefore it's my opinion that the tremendous RISK involved in introducing alcohol vs the seemingly minute REWARD is not worth teaching to our children, nor promoting at such a high profile venue that appeals to children.

Matt_Black

Brought to you by the Booze Council because booze really satisfies. Booze takes a dull party and makes it better. Booze makes you popular and heals all wounds. B, double-O, Z, E. Booze!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
simon cowel.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom