AKL - What are your likes?

Jared Augustine

Original Poster
My family and I are staying at the AKL Jan. 2018. What are your favorite things about the resorts? Any tips you may have? Favorite activities at the resort? Thank you so much for your help!

ynahtebwdw

We stay at Jambo house every trip - we love the smell, the grandeur of the lobby, all the dining locations are high quality, the shop sells a wide range of resort-specific merchandise. Our favourite thing to do whilst there is to come back after a long day at the parks, grab a drink in the Victoria falls bar and people-watch. If you have a savannah room view (as we tend to) it's great to wake up earlier than you need and spend 30 minutes or so relaxing and watching the animals, you can still do this if you don't have savannah view (as there are lots of animal viewing areas without it) but it involves changing out of pyjamas!

DisneyPrincess5

We loved the theming, the room, the views of the animals, Boma, the gift shop. Wow guess that's about everything! It really is an amazing resort. Take time to enjoy the sites and the lobby.
I just wish it had some sort of fun special transportation (whether it's a special walking path although I'm not sure how long that would be or a fun safari car ride) to AK like all the other deluxe resorts have to the parks.

zurgandfriend

We stayed at the AKL one time. We loved the resort lobby, all of the restaurants, the Victoria Falls lounge and the gift shop. The pool was also great. The only downside we found was with the animals in close proximity to the resort the smell reminded us of my grandparent’s farm.

Jared Augustine

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses! We are excited to stay here. Do you know of any special activities at the resort we do not want to miss?

aw14

We have stayed twice, once Club Level the other Savannah view. Outside of its distance from parks, it is the best resort imo. Absolutely beautiful, amazing food options (Boma, Jiko, Sanaa, the Mara). In all honestly, how can you beat having animals outside your window :)

LadyBirdV

The lobby, Jiko (amazing food), Sanaa (fyi - far walk from Jambo house), watching the animals in the morning while drinking coffee from your balcony, mousekeeping did a great job with arranging toys/towels into animals for the kids while we were out, quick access to Animal Kingdom.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I just stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village. I liked the theme. I also liked how the gift shops had Animal Kingdom Lodge merchandise and taking pictures. The bathrooms were really cool. I also liked how we were close to the places on 192.

BigRedDad

We only stayed at Jambo House. As you walk in, the smell from the fireplace is intoxicating. It lets you know you are home. From there, you have the Savannah. For us, it is too expensive to stay on a Savannah now. We would stay in the cheapest rooms. You can always go out to and watch them from the observation areas. You have a nice bar right off the lobby right above Boma. Mara is a great counter service dining area as well. The pool and pool bar are good. Things that you should make time for are the daily activities for kids. When we were there, they gave out beads for them. It was a blast for DD to complete. Interact with the CMs. Most are native and have a wealth of information to share. Enjoy the campfire at night as well.

IMO, this is the most outstanding resort on property. There are no other resorts that can offer as much as AKL.

correcaminos

We love Sanaa (several tries at Boma has been a bust though) and the pool at Kidani. The drum circle is so much fun as is using night vision goggles. We also enjoyed talks about different CMs countries and info about the animals at the savannas. We could stay a week there and never leave.

Roknrollrghostr

AKL is my favorite deluxe resort. The whole feel of it is amazing. Just exploring the resort is a relaxing experience! Definitely take the time to explore all the different animal areas and speak with the CMs. We took part in the Wanyama Safari and Dinner at the lodge, which is a guided safari for 12 guests throughout the resort savannah. You get so close to the animals, the guide was fantastic and the dinner afterward, at Jiko, was heavenly. If everyone in your party is age 10 or older and it is in within your budget I would definitely recommend it!

I am Timmy

Are the buses to the parks from here as bad as everyone says? WL is booked, and this might be our second choice for a trip. Stayed at WL many times, and the buses were always sketchy there, but we didn't seem to mind. It's this or a family room at All Star Music for the space. Any thoughts?

Roknrollrghostr

Are the buses to the parks from here as bad as everyone says? WL is booked, and this might be our second choice for a trip. Stayed at WL many times, and the buses were always sketchy there, but we didn't seem to mind. It's this or a family room at All Star Music for the space. Any thoughts?

No, no they are not. We've had 10 unique stays at AKL and never experienced anywhere near the bus horrors others have claimed. AKL is, IMO, far superior to WL.
I will agree that the I've never experienced bad bus service as AKL either. The only time I had a horrible wait was back from Disney Springs, but I've since heard a lot of people at other resorts saying Disney Springs bus service was spotty, so that might be just a Springs issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom