AKL Rooms?

Goofette

I made reservations for the AKL for the end of April. They offered me a standard view room for 155.00 and thinking about all the money I would save in a week....I booked that room. We had a Savannah room, so I'm wondering if I'm going to kick myself for switching. There were 3 reasons to go for the standard. 1. Money 2. My daughter will take naps easier if there aren't animals to look at 3. I'll take naps easier if I don't have animals to look at :animwink: So for the ones of you who have stayed there, did I make a Big mistake?:veryconfu Or will I enjoy just being there?

Oh, I forgot...the money we're saving will go towards a new camcorder to record all the Magic of Disney :) So, one hand the view of animals and lasting memories, the other hand a New Camcorder to record lasting memories

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
On my last trip to WDW, I did a split stay at AKL. I did half in a standard room, and half in a savannah. The savannah room was very very nice, but the experience of the whole resort could still be enjoyed whether in the standard or svannah view.

There are great viewing locations around the resort, so you do not need to be in a savnnah view to see the animals on a daily basis. There are some photos on the main site taken from some of the resort viewing locations.

I would have no hesitation in staying in a standard room - you will have a great time!! :)

Upvote 0

Goofette

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwmagic
On my last trip to WDW, I did a split stay at AKL. I did half in a standard room, and half in a savannah. The savannah room was very very nice, but the experience of the whole resort could still be enjoyed whether in the standard or svannah view.

I had thought about doing that, but when the travel agent tried to book it like that, the price went up really high for the time spent in the standard room. I went through the Disney Travel Company. I thought about checking with the resort when we got there and seeing if we could work something out. I would like to have a couple of nights in the Savannah room.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is no reason I can see of why the price should jump up when you asked for the split stay. When I did it, there was no change at all - and that was in peak season of July.

I would suggest calling them back and trying again - you sometimes get different answers depending who you get on the phone!! :)

I wouldnt recommend waiting until you get there, because you could be dissapointed if they cant do anything, and that would be a bad start to your vacation. I would get this sorted out before I got there.

Upvote 0

Al

Originally posted by wdwmagic

There are great viewing locations around the resort, so you do not need to be in a savnnah view to see the animals on a daily basis. There are some photos on the main site taken from some of the resort viewing locations.

I would have no hesitation in staying in a standard room - you will have a great time!! :)

cool! when did you last go to wdw? whens your next trip?

Upvote 0

kal1484

I was there back in mid-January, and we stayed in a savannah room. Although this was cool, I think recording all your memories on camcorder would be better. There are TONS of other places to see the animals if you are in a standard room.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Re: Animals

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Can you still see the animals in a standard view?:confused:

Not directly from your room, but by staying in the lodge you can go to the viewing areas that are in the lobby, by the pool, and along corridors to see the animals. The lobby viewing areas are stunning. :)

Upvote 0

mark4wdw

I, like Steve stayed at AKL over July 4th weekend last year. I got a AP discount on a savanna view room of $179.00. The room was great. to be honest the views of the animals were great also but you only sit on your balcony for so long. As Steve stated there are spots all over the hotel to view the animals. If the differnce is big on the savanna view vs standard view i would save the money and spend it elsewere in the park or resort. The hotel is wonderful no matter what your "view"

Travis:hammer:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree that the standard would work well, as long as it isn't one of the noisy ones...there were some overlooking the front entrance/walkways to busses, and the ones overlooking the pool weren't very private. Since I never stayed in them, I don't know for sure. I found myself walking from viewing area to viewing area to see animals that weren't visible from my room. As Steve mentioned, there are lots of places to sit and watch the animals...just walk up and down the corridors and explore! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom