After Star Tours....is this what's next?

Lee

Adventurer
It looks like the jetpack ride will be at the Shanghai Disney project. If this is fake it is really well done.
Fake....though he's actually not far off on some of the (potential) placements.

From the guy's site...
I drew this conceptual site plan of the forthcoming Shanghai park by studying the April 8th concept art, reading the internet rumor mill, and adding quite a bit personal of conjecture and wishful thinking. To view the hi-res artwork, check this link. I do not expect the final result will look much like my drawing, but it was fun to interpret the art and possibilities for this park in a concrete way.

Captain Neo

The jet pack version of the rocket jets was actually designed as part of a "new tomorrow land" for Disneyland a few years back along with enclosed people mover cars. There was a guy on mice chat who got to visit wdi a few years back and I remember him describing em along with star tours 2 and a few other things.

Buried20KLeague

I did yesterday an interview of Jonathan Gordon, the designer of this Star Wars roller coaster, who gave me more infos about this amazing ride concept.

And the concept is even more incredible than what you can think! All about it in my D&M article here:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/05/all-about-incredible-star-wars-warring.html

-

Speaking of Alain... :wave:

:lol:

Now that I know you're reading this, I feel bad recalling you were the one with the Fantasyland blueprints in case you didn't want that mentioned!! But hey, at least I gave your book a glowing review. :)

Also, feel free to set the record straight on the Fantasyland thing, if I'm off about it. It was a long time ago... I was recalling as best I could.

evilzorac

It would work well with the idea expressed over on Themepark insider by Rober Miles where he discussed creating a "Star Wars" land in DHS. Now that is something I would love to see. I could see having lunch at the Tatooie bar and have live actors perform scenes from Star Wars IV. Can you say Greedo vs Han Solo?

loaloa

Speaking of Alain... :wave:

:lol:

Now that I know you're reading this, I feel bad recalling you were the one with the Fantasyland blueprints in case you didn't want that mentioned!! But hey, at least I gave your book a glowing review. :)

Also, feel free to set the record straight on the Fantasyland thing, if I'm off about it. It was a long time ago... I was recalling as best I could.

I'm sorry to say that if you're talking about the WDW new Fantasyland blueprint it's not me who disclosed it, i think that i've discovered it just like most of you on the Disney Report web site, if i'm not wrong (but may be Disney Report did get it from another site).

However you probably saw on Disney and more another kind of "Fantasyland" project, i.e the incredible Michael Jackson Neverland theme park project, so may be you were thinking about this one.

You know that all 6 of the Star Wars Films will be re-released in 3d over the next 6 years.

A concept like this, which could take a while to imagine and build could happen in 6 years.

It seems real cool and very innovative.

My question is why would this guy use Star Wars in his idea, if he was not shopping it to or has already sold it to Disney/Lucas. He could have used a generic fighter plane from any era to show the motion for the patent. He specifically used Star Wars.

I hope this happens.

aaharp

"Warring Coaster"

Lo0oking at the GordonRides website... all of this information along with images can be found under the "concepts" section by clicking on "Warring Coaster" :

http://www.gordonrides.com/concepts.html

"The Warring Coaster concept takes an armed conflict from a film or a story and allows riders to live it. Through the use of multiple trains on multiple tracks, giant themed arenas, animatronics, interactive laser gun systems, and much, much more, the Battle of the Death Star* from Star Wars* roars to life, and a Quidditch* match from Harry Potter* becomes real! This is the ultimate in themed rides and roller coasters combined. Live your favorite movie!"

loaloa

You know that all 6 of the Star Wars Films will be re-released in 3d over the next 6 years.

A concept like this, which could take a while to imagine and build could happen in 6 years.

It seems real cool and very innovative.

My question is why would this guy use Star Wars in his idea, if he was not shopping it to or has already sold it to Disney/Lucas. He could have used a generic fighter plane from any era to show the motion for the patent. He specifically used Star Wars.

I hope this happens.

No, i can confirm you , after the interview of him i did yesterday that he didn't presented the concept to Disney or Lucas. At least not yet. But with my Disney and more article, and knowing that many Imagineers have a regular look on D&M, they will know this concept very soon!

Master Gracey 5

So does anyone know what actually IS coming next to the parks now that Star Tours is done? Any rumors of stuff coming to AK or Epcot?

While the actual ride on hand will likely never happen, IMO the next park up for "expansion" would likely be DHS. They could do a small expansion along the lines of "Lucasland" or to Pixar Place for considerably less capital than an expansion at AK or Epcot would require. Of course the counterargument is that with Star Tours now open, they've done their upgrades for a time and could refocus on AK and whatever land they decide to do there.

Either my my gut feeling (and personal desire) is that we'll see something at DHS.

devoy1701

While the actual ride on hand will likely never happen, IMO the next park up for "expansion" would likely be DHS. They could do a small expansion along the lines of "Lucasland" or to Pixar Place for considerably less capital than an expansion at AK or Epcot would require. Of course the counterargument is that with Star Tours now open, they've done their upgrades for a time and could refocus on AK and whatever land they decide to do there.

Either my my gut feeling (and personal desire) is that we'll see something at DHS.

Considering that in the last 3 years we've seen Toy Story Midway Mania, American Idol Experience, and now Star Tours 2, I think the shift should probably go to Animal Kingdom.

I'm not against a project for the Sounds Dangerous space though, but Animal Kingdom needs the most help now at this point!

Epcot_Imagineer

I looked at this and realized a few months ago, while trying to create good ride idea, came up with a vague concept of this ride. I'm really thinking about becoming an Imagineer now :ROFLOL:

wizards8507

"...the Battle of the Death Star* from Star Wars* roars to life, and a Quidditch* match from Harry Potter* becomes real! This is the ultimate in themed rides and roller coasters combined. Live your favorite movie!"

It sounds like GordonRides is hoping that Disney and Universal will get into a bidding war over his design. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom