Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

disneylover97

I will be in Disney until December 18th, do I have a chance of possibly being able to eat here? I am just wondering how high my changes are before I get my hopes up..

dreamfinder

I will be in Disney until December 18th, do I have a chance of possibly being able to eat here? I am just wondering how high my changes are before I get my hopes up..

Possibly. Nothing official has come out, but from the previous posts, it would appear that at least CM testing is going to happen any day. One would assume that shortly after that, some sort of soft opening will follow.

disneylover97

Possibly. Nothing official has come out, but from the previous posts, it would appear that at least CM testing is going to happen any day. One would assume that shortly after that, some sort of soft opening will follow.
Thank you! I was trying to get caught up on this forum. As far as a soft opening, that means no ADR's but walk ups correct?

*Q*

Looks like training is going on today and that the costumes will be very similar, if not the same, as the Jungle Cruise
LRYcahTh.jpg

You never know, they may be having a training session for Jungle Cruise skippers there, too, since it is so closely tied in with their attraction.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We will be down for Christmas to New Year's week. Wondering how bad the crowds are going to be for this if it is still just walk up. Keeping our eyes on the possibility of ADRs opening up...

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
We will be down for Christmas to New Year's week. Wondering how bad the crowds are going to be for this if it is still just walk up. Keeping our eyes on the possibility of ADRs opening up...
Just keep in mind the crowds are going to be bad everywhere. We'll be there too so her's to hope!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Just keep in mind the crowds are going to be bad everywhere. We'll be there too so her's to hope!

Oh yeah, we are crowd veterans. As a pair of teachers with a middle school aged kid, we pretty much only travel at peak times. This is our second Xmas week trip. Done Easter quite a few times and the past two 4th of July weeks as well. Crowds don't bother us! Just hoping to score a table at the Veranda!

aladdin2007

So its going to be around 200 seats. How is that compared to the seating capacity of other restaurants? Is that high, medium or low? I have a hard time picturing how large the facility is going to be.

me too, but Im glad its full service for both lunch and dinner, prior there was word that it may be mixed use like be our guest, which I find to be a nightmare, so this should be a good sit down addition which MK has been in dire need of.

wdwgreek

You never know, they may be having a training session for Jungle Cruise skippers there, too, since it is so closely tied in with their attraction.
Oh I hate the sign in that picture, it doesn't look weather or aged enough to be from the Jungle River Co, if you have the skippers you have to have the worn and junky feel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom