Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

ToTBellHop

What still doesn't make sense to me is how far, distance wise, the Veranda is from the Jungle Cruise attraction itself.
Guests will actually have to leave the "Polynesian colonial" section of Adventureland, go through the incongruous Agrabah section, and then down into the outpost section where the Jungle Cruise is.

The addition of this restaurant is yet another reason to remove the Abrabah section and its dumb spinner entirely.
Indeed. Or at least retheme Aladdin if they insist on keeping it, but honestly, Aladdin has been short changed. Could you imagine an Aladdin dark ride?

ToTBellHop

I have always wanted a magic carpet escape from the cave of wonders e ticket attraction!
I feel like the largely-nighttime-set movie is just begging for a dark ride. Imagine Poohs Hunny Hunt ride system but with an enormous room for the Cave of Wonders and another for A Whole New World with interacting "carpet" vehicles. Anyone have $250 million lying around?

CastleBound

I hope I can get in there when I go in December... Super excited to see it should be ready by my trip.. Also, what happened to the S.E.A. club around here.

Magenta Panther

Nice to see so many folks here excited about this. I too hope for alcohol. And great theming, and great food. But what do you want to bet the menu will be akin to the Plaza's? Except that the soda and burgers will have punny names. I hope I'm wrong...

ToTBellHop

Nice to see so many folks here excited about this. I too hope for alcohol. And great theming, and great food. But what do you want to bet the menu will be akin to the Plaza's? Except that the soda and burgers will have punny names. I hope I'm wrong...
They specifically said African-, Asian-, and South American-inspired food. So not Plaza. Although probably not Boma either.

lazyboy97o

It's guaranteed to have jungle cruise humor since it's going to be staffed by the boat captains. Sound like fun if you are willing to just go along with it like the ride. Nice addition to the park.
Eh, it's not like the Skippers are actual improv actors. In all likelihood, just as with the ride, it will be a tightly controlled script with consequences for those who even ponder deviating.

ynahtebwdw

happy about this development, MK is crying out for another quality table service restaurant...makes the dining choices for our 2016 trip that much more difficult

matt9112

Indeed. Or at least retheme Aladdin if they insist on keeping it, but honestly, Aladdin has been short changed. Could you imagine an Aladdin dark ride?

with new dumbo i dont see a need....hell if you want a spinner over there fine but move it to the edge somewhere not right in the middle.

matt9112

im sure a burger or two is on the menu with some unique flair...but as long as most of the menu is neat i will allow it.

flavious27

What still doesn't make sense to me is how far, distance wise, the Veranda is from the Jungle Cruise attraction itself.
Guests will actually have to leave the "Polynesian colonial" section of Adventureland, go through the incongruous Agrabah section, and then down into the outpost section where the Jungle Cruise is.

The addition of this restaurant is yet another reason to remove the Abrabah section and its dumb spinner entirely.

Aladdin-jpg.jpg

You mean this theming is off?

I always see this is a middle finger to the tiki room

BrerJon

Eh, it's not like the Skippers are actual improv actors. In all likelihood, just as with the ride, it will be a tightly controlled script with consequences for those who even ponder deviating.

Yeah I suspect it will be like Trader Sam's. The greeters and servers will be given an introductory spiel, with jokes about menu items, and then there will be standard gags they run through when doing celebrations for birthdays etc., or when people order certain foods. So lots of Jungle Cruise humour, but not a lot of improv.

Great to see DisneySea extending it's influence to Orlando though, almost everything involving the S.E.A is great, so this is a very promising development.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom