Pre-Trip Adventure is out there...June 2017

Hi again! I'm Amy if you all don't know me! Brian's resolve didn't last very long!! He has agreed to go back next June!!!! (For those of you who didn't read my report from this June, Brian (my hubby) was not happy with the behavior exhibited by our children, and swore he would never take them back!) Here we are on the last day of that June trip:

Logan is 13, Lily is 11, and Owen is 8.

This trip will be a bit different for us. Brian and I were just down in WDW this past weekend to book the free dining bounceback offer! We will be at Caribbean Beach from Monday, June 5-Saturday, June 17. We plan to drive down (14 hours) on Friday, June 2 and spend the night at my aunt's house in The Villages. We will sleep in on Saturday, then check in to our resort at Universal Studios! I'm not sure which resort yet, but it will be one of the deluxe ones where you get the unlimited express passes. I think we will probably stay at Royal Pacific, I just have to wait and see what kind of AAA discount I can get. I plan to get our tickets through Undercover Tourist, and they have a buy 2 day park to park passes and get a 3rd day free, so we will probably go into the parks Sat. afternoon. We will then spend all day Sunday at the parks, and Monday morning. I'm hoping to be done by early to mid afternoon on Monday, then head over to check in at CBR and relax for the evening. We also plan to go to Seaworld one day during the trip.

We got the water parks and more tickets again this year, so we will definitely be doing both water parks again. We also got the park hoppers. We've never had them with the kids before, so we shall see how it goes.

I just realized that they never offered to add Memory Maker to our reservation, so I guess I will have to call and add that at some point.

Not much else to tell at this point, but I'll be back many times before June with updates!!

I've got some reading to do in the meantime:
DSCN3417.JPG

So:
DSCN3416.JPG

but only 282 days until we leave for Florida!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We are also watching the Harry Potter films right now. We watch one every Sunday night, tonight were on number 3, Prisoner of Azkaban.

229 days seems like a long time but as you know it goes pretty fast. The count down is always fun for the kiddos at our house.
I'm really looking forward to watching them. Our problem is that we have a hard time finding a time long enough that everyone can watch!

I know the time will go quickly! My kids ask just about every day how many days we have left!

Zipadeelady

I'm really looking forward to watching them. Our problem is that we have a hard time finding a time long enough that everyone can watch!

I know the time will go quickly! My kids ask just about every day how many days we have left!
Those HP movies are long. My husband tends to fall asleep about 1/2 hour before it ends then has to go back and watch the ending before the next Sunday night so he knows whats going on. :rolleyes: And of course he's the only one who hasn't seen any of the movies previously.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
DSCN4708.JPG

I know, I know, I've really neglected this report!:oops: I hate when real life gets in the way!! Brian finally had to have surgery on his left knee right before Christmas (the surgeon told him that at 42, he has the knees of a 65 year old!:eek: So now our goal is to put off a knee replacement as long as possible!) and I had to have a biopsy of a thyroid nodule (all is well!). Then throw in two different wrestling schedules, dance two nights a week, band stuff, work, etc. and we've been a little busy!!

I won't go into a full rant, but I have been very disappointed with Disney throughout this whole planning process as well! They were really slow in getting the calendars out, and when they did, they were very generic times. Magic Kingdom is open 9-9 every day. I don't even know if they will extend those hours though because of all the upcharge after hours events they have now, so I'm not really sure how to plan! Plus they won't announce when or if the Star Wars show will play. I had some issues with ADRs as well. Crystal Palace wasn't available the morning I could make ADRs. They did become available sometime during the day, but I couldn't check again until after work, so I missed out on our 8:05 slot I wanted. I still can't book the Minnie Holiday Dine dinner at DHS that the kids want to do! And that is just the beginning!!

Ok, now on to the positive!! (I am starting to get more excited for the trip now!)
We fixed a box of things for the kids to open on Christmas morning!
DSCN4520.JPG

Brian laughed at my wrapping because I added some Minions on to the Disney paper! The kids liked it though, so that's all that matters!
We made sure to pick up maps when we were there this fall. The kids spent forever looking at the Universal ones!
DSCN4517.JPG

DSCN4515.JPG

DSCN4516.JPG

Since we are driving, I got blankets and my mom made travel pillows for me and the kids. (Brian decided he would do most of the driving since I tend to be an impatient driver, so he will just use mine when I happen to be driving!)
Logan's:
DSCN4497.JPG

Lily's:
DSCN4498.JPG

Owen's:
DSCN4499.JPG

Mine:
DSCN4500.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I got us Minion shirts to wear one day at Universal.
Mine:
DSCN4510.JPG

Brian's:
DSCN4509.JPG

Lily's:
DSCN4508.JPG

Logan's (same as Brian's but a different color):
DSCN4507.JPG

Owen's:
DSCN4506.JPG

Everyone but Brian got a new MagicBand because he wouldn't tell me which one he wanted! Owen got Boba Fett, Logan got Chewy and Han, Lily got Inside Out, and I got the Tower of Terror one.
DSCN4503.JPG

And Brian and I got a new backpack this fall for us to use this trip:
DSCN4518.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Now, on to the schedule:
Friday, June 2 - travel day - it is about a 14 hour drive, so I am hoping to leave by 5am so we can miss rush hour traffic in Cincinnati and Lexington, and pass through Atlanta early afternoon. We changed plans and will now be staying at Hard Rock Hotel that night, so if we arrive early enough, we will get dinner at Hard Rock Cafe because the kids specifically asked to eat there.
Saturday, June 3 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - not sure what we will do for meals this day - I am thinking of booking the Cinematic Spectacular meal at Lombard's, but haven't decided yet
Sunday, June 4 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - I have a character breakfast booked at the Royal Pacific Hotel at 11:30am.
Monday, June 5 - we will start at Universal and then transfer over to Caribbean Beach Resort - dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tuesday, June 6 - Magic Kingdom - 8:20am Crystal Palace
Wednesday, June 7 - Typhoon Lagoon - 6:45pm 'Ohana
Thursday, June 8 - Animal Kingdom - 8:05am Tusker House
Friday, June 9 - Hollywood Studios - 11:15am Prime Time Cafe, I am considering trying to do the Star Wars dessert party this night if they ever decide to offer it
Saturday, June 10 - Epcot - 8:10am Garden Grill
Sunday, June 11 - Magic Kingdom - 8:05 CRT ( I wasn't planning on doing this one, but the kids begged!), 6:10pm Chef Mickey's
Monday, June 12 - Seaworld - possible Kona Cafe breakfast before we leave, then dinner at Captain Cook's with bread pudding from Tambu Lounge after
Tuesday, June 13 - Blizzard Beach - 6:35pm 1900 Park Fare
Wednesday, June 14 - Epcot -1:20pm Beaches and Cream
Thursday, June 15 - Hollywood Studios - 12:50pm Mama Melrose's Fantasmic! package
Friday, June 16 - Animal Kingdom - 1:15pm Sanaa
Saturday, June 17 - departure day:( - 8:45am 'Ohana

I'm sure things will change before the actual trip, but I'm pretty happy with what we have planned so far!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I won't lie, this makes me happy...
It makes Brian happy too! He wrestled middle and high school and helps coach both boys. It just drives me crazy because Logan's middle school schedule has him wrestling every Saturday, and Owen's youth schedule has him wrestling every Sunday! Makes it hard to get laundry and everything else done at the house! Not to mention the nights Logan has a meet, Owen has practice, and Lily has dance. But it has been wonderful for both boys, so I'm willing to put up with the crazy schedule!

MerMom1981

Your plans sound great!
I love that you're doing so much character dining, and that your kids are "begging" for CRT!
My kids are a couple of years younger than yours, and I was worried they'd be "over" character dining by the time we go back in 2018.
You've given me hope!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Your plans sound great!
I love that you're doing so much character dining, and that your kids are "begging" for CRT!
My kids are a couple of years younger than yours, and I was worried they'd be "over" character dining by the time we go back in 2018.
You've given me hope!
Thanks! The younger two are the ones that want to do most of the character dining, but Logan did specifically ask for Tusker House and said he wanted an autograph book again this year. I love that Disney lets them be kids for a little bit longer than the real world does!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So, I am finally starting to get really excited for the trip now that they announced that Pandora will be open!! (We will have to see if it really will be though, since they also said Rivers of Light would be open for our trip last June!!)

I'm starting to get my supplies together for autograph books. I have everything I need for Lily's:
DSCN4712.JPG

I still have to find paper for the boys'. I haven't been able to find any patterned paper that I like yet, so I may just have to go with solids. Owen's is the BB8 and Logan's is Baymax.
DSCN4713.JPG

Only 117 days until Disney, and 114 until we leave!! It seems like forever to go, but I know it will fly by as we have to finish wrestling seasons, get through dance recital, start and finish soccer season, have a band competition at Kings Island plus the regular band concert, etc!! I will be soooo ready for a vacation by the time June gets here! (Heck, I'm beyond ready for one right now!:hilarious:)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So, I knew there would be multiple changes to the schedule, just didn't think they would be so soon!! The changes are underlined.
Friday, June 2 - travel day - it is about a 14 hour drive, so I am hoping to leave by 5am so we can miss rush hour traffic in Cincinnati and Lexington, and pass through Atlanta early afternoon. We changed plans and will now be staying at Hard Rock Hotel that night, so if we arrive early enough, we will get dinner at Hard Rock Cafe because the kids specifically asked to eat there.
Saturday, June 3 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - not sure what we will do for meals this day - I am thinking of booking the Cinematic Spectacular meal at Lombard's, but haven't decided yet
Sunday, June 4 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - I have a character breakfast booked at the Royal Pacific Hotel at 11:30am.
Monday, June 5 - we will start at Universal and then transfer over to Caribbean Beach Resort - dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tuesday, June 6 - Magic Kingdom - 8:20am Crystal Palace
Wednesday, June 7 - Typhoon Lagoon - 6:45pm 'Ohana
Thursday, June 8 - Animal Kingdom - 8:05am Tusker House Rivers of Light package
Friday, June 9 - Hollywood Studios - 11:30 Mama Melrose's, I am considering trying to do the Star Wars dessert party this night if they ever decide to offer it (The kids and Brian vetoed Prime Time. I like MM, I just wanted to try something new!)
Saturday, June 10 - Epcot - 8:10am Garden Grill
Sunday, June 11 - Magic Kingdom - 8:05 CRT ( I wasn't planning on doing this one, but the kids begged!), 6:10pm Chef Mickey's
Monday, June 12 - Seaworld - possible Kona Cafe breakfast before we leave, then dinner at Captain Cook's with bread pudding from Tambu Lounge after
Tuesday, June 13 - Blizzard Beach - 6:35pm 1900 Park Fare
Wednesday, June 14 - Epcot -1:20pm Beaches and Cream
Thursday, June 15 - Hollywood Studios - 5:00 Hollywood and Vine Minnie's Seasonal Dine Fantasmic! package
Friday, June 16 - Animal Kingdom - 11:30am Sanaa and 5:15 Tusker House Rivers of Light package (in case we want to see it twice!)
Saturday, June 17 - departure day:( - 8:45am 'Ohana

Only 113 days until Disney and 110 until we leave!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom