Pre-Trip Adventure is out there...June 2017

Hi again! I'm Amy if you all don't know me! Brian's resolve didn't last very long!! He has agreed to go back next June!!!! (For those of you who didn't read my report from this June, Brian (my hubby) was not happy with the behavior exhibited by our children, and swore he would never take them back!) Here we are on the last day of that June trip:

Logan is 13, Lily is 11, and Owen is 8.

This trip will be a bit different for us. Brian and I were just down in WDW this past weekend to book the free dining bounceback offer! We will be at Caribbean Beach from Monday, June 5-Saturday, June 17. We plan to drive down (14 hours) on Friday, June 2 and spend the night at my aunt's house in The Villages. We will sleep in on Saturday, then check in to our resort at Universal Studios! I'm not sure which resort yet, but it will be one of the deluxe ones where you get the unlimited express passes. I think we will probably stay at Royal Pacific, I just have to wait and see what kind of AAA discount I can get. I plan to get our tickets through Undercover Tourist, and they have a buy 2 day park to park passes and get a 3rd day free, so we will probably go into the parks Sat. afternoon. We will then spend all day Sunday at the parks, and Monday morning. I'm hoping to be done by early to mid afternoon on Monday, then head over to check in at CBR and relax for the evening. We also plan to go to Seaworld one day during the trip.

We got the water parks and more tickets again this year, so we will definitely be doing both water parks again. We also got the park hoppers. We've never had them with the kids before, so we shall see how it goes.

I just realized that they never offered to add Memory Maker to our reservation, so I guess I will have to call and add that at some point.

Not much else to tell at this point, but I'll be back many times before June with updates!!

I've got some reading to do in the meantime:
DSCN3417.JPG

So:
DSCN3416.JPG

but only 282 days until we leave for Florida!

MySmallWorldof4

Brian and I have done Fantasia Gardens before, but I'm excited to take the kids. We plan to try the Winter Summerland ones too this trip.
We love Winter/Summerland. We enjoy it much more than Fantasia Gardens. We think the theming is much better. Just my family's opinion.:D

I also try and get a picture for our Christmas card every year there in front of the big fireplace or in the sleigh. I am stressing the word try, because with 4 kids you never know what you are going to get.:banghead:

blreinsel

I know, right! People over on the news and rumors section are complaining that they would never be able to spend the $600 that they would get. They obviously don't do Disney like we do!!

Seriously!? I mean if I was given that amount of money I would most spend it on drinks and souvenirs because we already have the dining plan so food is covered. But I STILL don't think I would have any trouble spending it all. :hilarious:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Are those people NUTS :eek:?! I can think of plenty of ways to spend $600 at Disney! They can send their gift cards to me so I can get back sooner rather than later! Glad you'll be using the gift cards to your full advantage :joyfull:. A trip to Flower and Garden for you and Brian sounds great!
I thought the same thing when I was reading their comments! We will have no problem using our gift card!! I plan to hold Brian to his talk of a Flower and Garden trip!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
F&F and F&W are both on our bucket list I can't wait until our school schedule(graduation) allows for that
I would love to take the whole family, but I'll settle for an adult trip!:D
We love Winter/Summerland. We enjoy it much more than Fantasia Gardens. We think the theming is much better. Just my family's opinion.:D

I also try and get a picture for our Christmas card every year there in front of the big fireplace or in the sleigh. I am stressing the word try, because with 4 kids you never know what you are going to get.:banghead:
My goal is to slow down a little this trip, so we plan to try both mini golf locations. We'll see how that works out!:rolleyes: I hear you on trying to get pics! I have a hard enough time with my three and my husband, I can't imagine adding another little one in!
Seriously!? I mean if I was given that amount of money I would most spend it on drinks and souvenirs because we already have the dining plan so food is covered. But I STILL don't think I would have any trouble spending it all. :hilarious:
I'm not planning on having a problem at all!:D

MySmallWorldof4

I know! The kids are begging to go on another cruise, Brian not so much! We're working on him!!
We did the cruise in May 2014. My husband also did not care for it. He thought the price was just too much for 3 days and also felt claustrophobic. I get that. The biggest issue is we need 2 cabins because we are 6. Cost doubles right there. We can have a nice week or longer at Disney for the price of a 3 or 4 day cruise.

I did email the cruise line and suggest that in their 2 new ships they make some accommodations for 6 like they have at the resorts. Hey, it was worth the shot.:D

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We did the cruise in May 2014. My husband also did not care for it. He thought the price was just too much for 3 days and also felt claustrophobic. I get that. The biggest issue is we need 2 cabins because we are 6. Cost doubles right there. We can have a nice week or longer at Disney for the price of a 3 or 4 day cruise.

I did email the cruise line and suggest that in their 2 new ships they make some accommodations for 6 like they have at the resorts. Hey, it was worth the shot.:D
I did look at a cruise for this year instead of Uni/WDW. We could have gone on a 4 day cruise for the same price as our 12 day WDW stay. It was not a hard decision for the kids!!:D I agree, they should offer larger rooms on the ships!

Patcheslee

I know, right! People over on the news and rumors section are complaining that they would never be able to spend the $600 that they would get. They obviously don't do Disney like we do!!
Wouldnt know, havent been but considering there is only 3 of us and have a dining plan. AND already have a $200 gift card for spending what the heck else is there to blow it on? And for a person who has taken years to be able to afford any vacation $600 is ALOT.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Wouldnt know, havent been but considering there is only 3 of us and have a dining plan. AND already have a $200 gift card for spending what the heck else is there to blow it on? And for a person who has taken years to be able to afford any vacation $600 is ALOT.
No offense was meant! I just know that we will not have any trouble in our 11 days there spending our $900.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Ok, BIG change in plans now! As much as I love CBR and as tempting as the $900 gift card is, I just found out we could switch to an AoA suite at no extra charge. Needless to say, I jumped on it! A master bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a kitchenette, and over 2 times the amount of space for our 12 night stay was just too good to pass up!! We are now booked in a lion king suite. We talked to the kids last night about everything that was going on at CBR and asked if they wanted to stay or try to switch. They all agreed that they wanted to try to switch IF we would be in a suite (at that time I wasn't positive we could get a suite, just that AoA was one of the resorts they were switching people to). I called this morning and switched, now I just need to decide if I am going to tell them I was able to switch, or just let them find out when we get there!

MySmallWorldof4

Ok, BIG change in plans now! As much as I love CBR and as tempting as the $900 gift card is, I just found out we could switch to an AoA suite at no extra charge. Needless to say, I jumped on it! A master bedroom, 2 bathrooms, a kitchenette, and over 2 times the amount of space for our 12 night stay was just too good to pass up!! We are now booked in a lion king suite. We talked to the kids last night about everything that was going on at CBR and asked if they wanted to stay or try to switch. They all agreed that they wanted to try to switch IF we would be in a suite (at that time I wasn't positive we could get a suite, just that AoA was one of the resorts they were switching people to). I called this morning and switched, now I just need to decide if I am going to tell them I was able to switch, or just let them find out when we get there!
I would tell them. They already knew you were considering switching and were for it. It will give them something else to be excited about ahead of time. If they are like my kids they will go on youtube and start looking for video tours of it.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I would tell them. They already knew you were considering switching and were for it. It will give them something else to be excited about ahead of time. If they are like my kids they will go on youtube and start looking for video tours of it.
Well, we have already stayed in the Cars suite one night before a cruise, so they know about the resort. I will still probably end up telling them though!

Zipadeelady

$900 sounds wonderful but a master bedroom and second bath sounds like it will save you some sanity at the end of the day.

Figgy1

Premium Member

$900 sounds wonderful but a master bedroom and second bath sounds like it will save you some sanity at the end of the day.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A room of your own and an extra bath are both priceless.:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom