Adam the woo is back!

raven

He brings free publicity to the parks, and 287,000 subscribers is no small number. With his Universal ban, he'll just have to spend more time at their competitors' parks and resorts. I'm sure Universal loves the thought of that...Which is why I imagine his ban will be rectified. If it isn't, that's Universal's loss, IMO.
You make it sound as if he is Walt Disney himself. Adam is not the spokesperson for WDW. He can appeal the trespass in one year. But, like he found out with Disney, he will need to get a lawyer to do that.

I understand that the opinion on here is that he shouldn't have went backstage and I agree. However, badmouthing him and promoting hatred does nothing.
Promoting him and his behavior does worse. There are lots of copycat vloggers now partly due to his videos. Should anyone be promoting that? No.

Tick Tock

While the timing of the ban is certainly not flattering to Universal or the competency of it's security department, I have no sympathy for Adam's situation. He knew what he was doing. He knew he was doing wrong. He posted his actions online for the world to see. I can understand why he would raise an eyebrow as to the timing, but he should have no question or complaint as to why the ban was issued. "Do Not Enter" or "Employees Only" signs mean just that. This isn't rocket science.

Brer Oswald

You make it sound as if he is Walt Disney himself. Adam is not the spokesperson for WDW. He can appeal the trespass in one year. But, like he found out with Disney, he will need to get a lawyer to do that.

Promoting him and his behavior does worse. There are lots of copycat vloggers now partly due to his videos. Should anyone be promoting that? No.
That's a fair point. I'm not saying it was right of him. I'm just saying everyone deserves a second chance, especially when the mistake at hand hurt nobody and destroyed nothing.

raven

That's a fair point. I'm not saying it was right of him. I'm just saying everyone deserves a second chance, especially when the mistake at hand hurt nobody and destroyed nothing.
Like I said before, maybe he set off a whole string of copycat attempts and Universal has been battling that. So in theory it caused more problems.

raven

While the timing of the ban is certainly not flattering to Universal or the competency of it's security department, I have no sympathy for Adam's situation. He knew he was doing wrong. He posted his actions online for the world to see.
Which is why I believe he posted the ban video as well. He could've taken it like a man and just left but he had to upload that video to gain sympathy...and to make more money. So he has not "changed" or "learned his lesson" one bit, as others are claiming.

raven

He seems to have done something while filming that last video that attracted negative attention. I doubt random security guards would have known who he was on sight unless he was a recent problem or was causing a problems today that got him pulled into security.
He drew attention to himself and was there for a few hours. Perhaps other guests recognized him, were annoyed by him and alerted security of his presence. Doesn't take long to look up his videos he's posted (and still hasn't taken down) of him trespassing on their property.

Tick Tock

He seems to have done something while filming that last video that attracted negative attention.
This seems like the most likely scenario. I cannot imagine a conversation inside a security office going something like: "We just got word that a person who trespassed on restricted areas 5 years ago, but has been a regular, rule-abiding customer ever since, is visiting the park today. Let's get him!"

I'd be willing to bet Adam did something recently, and he's not telling the whole story to keep his "I'm the good guy" image in the situation.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This seems like the most likely scenario. I cannot imagine a conversation inside a security office going something like: "We just got word that a person who trespassed on restricted areas 5 years ago, but has been a regular, rule-abiding customer ever since, is visiting the park today. Let's get him!"

I'd be willing to bet Adam did something recently, and he's not telling the whole story to keep his "I'm the good guy" image in the situation.

The guy posts his life on twitter/periscope/etc.. It doesn't take much for a social media department to catch on he's live in the parks and maybe they simply had an IOU waiting for him and when the opportunity arose...

rushtest4echo

Once upon a time I dealt with this joker at Bluto's Barges. Security was involved, and they already had a formal rap sheet on him. Surprised he's permitted to show his face at any of the parks.

Not sure how it is anymore, but 10 years ago it was very easy to get yourself trespassed at Uni Orlando.

Tom Morrow

I suspect that what actually happened here is he was already on close watch by the park. When Fallon and the Rock appear in the video, they are clearly filming for the show or PR shots - the crowd is quiet except for mild cheering, but Adam yells his head off at The Rock. Pretty sure this ticked them off enough to finally kick him out.

I don't think he posted this for sympathy. He already posts the biggest daily event(s) from every single day of his life. This time he owned up to his past mistakes and didn't show any bitterness toward Universal for their decision.

That said, if you actually watch his daily vlog adventures, he's changed a lot in the last year or so and is generally pretty respectful to the places he visits... though he does get carried away sometimes.

I love how every time his name gets up, this forum has so much misguided hate for the guy. Such an awful person must not be very well liked...

oh... wait a second...

wait...

And if TheTimTracker regularly hangs out with him, he can't really be all that bad.

rushtest4echo

I suspect that what actually happened here is he was already on close watch by the park. When Fallon and the Rock appear in the video, they are clearly filming for the show or PR shots - the crowd is quiet except for mild cheering, but Adam yells his head off at The Rock. Pretty sure this ticked them off enough to finally kick him out.

I don't think he posted this for sympathy. He already posts the biggest daily event(s) from every single day of his life. This time he owned up to his past mistakes and didn't show any bitterness toward Universal for their decision.

That said, if you actually watch his daily vlog adventures, he's changed a lot in the last year or so and is generally pretty respectful to the places he visits... though he does get carried away sometimes.

I love how every time his name gets up, this forum has so much misguided hate for the guy. Such an awful person must not be very well liked...

oh... wait a second...

wait...

And if TheTimTracker regularly hangs out with him, he can't really be all that bad.

Being an internet celebutard isn't going to stop me (and hopefully anyone else in thier right mind) from thinking this guys an idiot. Having legions of 'fans' isn't going earn him my respect.

My one and only personal encounter with him showed that he felt he ran the place and was at liberty to be a loud, obnoxious jerk who filmed people who didn't want to be filmed and then refused to follow the rides safety rules during the ensuing video malee.

Tom Morrow

Being an internet celebutard isn't going to stop me (and hopefully anyone else in thier right mind) from thinking this guys an idiot. Having legions of 'fans' isn't going earn him my respect.

My one and only personal encounter with him showed that he felt he ran the place and was at liberty to be a loud, obnoxious jerk who filmed people who didn't want to be filmed and then refused to follow the rides safety rules during the ensuing video malee.
When was this?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think he has a great personality and could probably turn it into something bigger if given the right stage and help. He's interesting and I'm sure fun to be around live. He seems to have great wit.

I just have no sympathy when people can't own up to their own consequences or can't get to the point :) he knows how to draw people into hanging around for the build up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom