Abandoned Areas

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'm always fascinated by abandoned areas of Disney... I know it's honestly pretty sad, but it's neat! Especially for me! To see images of things from the past in their current state. Makes me wonder what it was like! Does anyone have a particular fascination for current abandoned or places that WERE abandoned at WDW?? A few of my favorites.. but.. in a sad way. :p

Body Wars/Cranium Command at Epcot
null_zps39152921.png

4008db5783923bf02f9eb69da19d1125_zps4e4ce704.jpg

River Country
maxresdefault.jpg

Food Rocks (I believe I read somewhere that it has been cleaned up and removed and is now just an empty storage room?)
DSC00130_800x600.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

Imageworks

Goofyernmost

I do and always have had a fascination with deserted places. I look on you-tube quite often that have a lot of footage of abandoned buildings and the like. The problem with Disney is that they do a pretty good job of hiding those areas from our view, understandably. Places I have been that I recall when they were operational have one fascination where I can see the places that were once very much alive with activity. That is fairly melancholy to me. Old buildings that are empty set my imagination of fire. I can picture people that lived, worked or played in those areas, and it gives me a different feel, I feel more curious then sad. Still like to see them either in person or on film though.

Daniel Johnson

I absolutely love abandoned places that are in everyday life, and finding photos and videos of Disney abandoned places. I used to have no issue venturing into places like this, but, with the digital age, it's almost more impressive to look at those than risk going to jail again for trespassing!

Tom Morrow

There's a whole JP attraction abandoned at Uni. The Woo posted that on YouTube as well.

It's a triceratops exhibit with lots of animatronics going to rot.
There were three animatronics, and I think they have since been removed.

Also there's this at Universal:

From what I understand, he has been banned from Disney, hasn't he?
Yes, he was banned from WDW but not other Disney parks :(

epcot2004

Always fascinated by anything abandoned. All abandoned things Disney are especially interesting, my hangup was always Pop Century Legendary Years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom