Trip Report A very Happy 40th Birthday to me!

Hello everyone! My name is Tammy and I have been creeping on this site for about 2 years now but I finally decided to sign up and write my 1st trip report. This was the 3rd trip to Disney World for both my husband (Brian) and I. Our 1st trip was in Sept 2011 for our 10 year anniversary and I was hooked :p. I convinced Brian that we had to go back for his 40th in 2013 and we decided to go for the Star Wars week-ends in May that year. We are both geeks so it was right up our alley :cool:. I had actually written up a trip report for that one but I was too shy to post it :oops:. Before we had even gone on our 2nd trip I had already planned to go to Disney for my 40th in 2014 and luckily we were able to make it happen :geek:.

So
since I am on stay-cation this week I think it is a good time to relive our wonderful Disney memories. Also I need an escape from our crazy weather. We are from New Brunswick, Canada and winter has been brutal for the Maritimes :arghh:.

Here I am crawling across the snow to try and get to our car after one of our many storms this winter :hilarious:.

Here is a pic of Brian also trying to get to our car that same day

So without further delay (this report is late enough already) on with the trip report:

Day 1 - Tuesday, Oct 28th

We arrived at the Orlando airport about 1:30pm and caught the Magical express to the All Star Sports resort.

Check in went smoothly and we were on our way to Downtown Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Sorry for our messy looking plates but we started eating before I remembered to take
the picture :rolleyes:

After dinner we did a little shopping and then decided to go explore the Fort
Wilderness Campsites because I heard that some of the campers decorate for Halloween. I also had another motive - Gary and Carol Cruise happened to be vacationing in Disney at Fort Wilderness at the same time and I was hoping to meet them. I follow their trip reports whenever they go to Disney and apparently according to Brian I am officially a stalker :jawdrop:. I casually passed by their campsite - ummm about 3 times but did not see them out so we continued along. Here is a pic of their campsite...

And a few other pics from that night

We got back to our resort, unpacked and were in bed about 11pm.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 4 - Friday, October 31st

Today we slept in because we did not get to bed until almost 3am. We arrived at the Magic Kingdom about noon and checked to see if BOG was accepting walk-ups but no such luck :(.

Some bad acting :p

Luckily Lumiere came out to cheer us up :joyfull:.

We decided to take a ride under the sea with Ariel.

And then it was time to find some food...

The meal was decent but the peach cobbler was amazing! So much goodness in that small bowl :hungry:.

After our late lunch we shopped a little and then found a spot to watch the new Festival of Fantasy parade.

Ok I went crazy taking pictures - you have been warned ;).

Last edited:

FlaggNL

More than great updates! Love your pictures! Great Batman shirt on day 2 :) Nice to see all the parade pictures again, brings back the good memories of our last October trip! Your costumes for MNSHHP are very nice! Following along and can't wait for more!! Thanks for sharing!

Beastly74

Original Poster
After the parade we decided to go watch the Country Bear Jamboree - another 1st for us. Sorry no pics. Then I decided to try a dole whip but the place was really busy in Magic Kingdom so we hopped on the monorail and went to the Poly :happy:. On our way out we walked up the stairs of the train station at the front of the park to take some pictures.

Busy

Not so busy

:hungry:

I had to stop to take a pic of the famous duo above before continuing on to Hollywood Studios.

1st stop was Star Tours

And then we watched the Jedi show for a bit. Brian was so jealous of the little ones :joyfull:.

Soon it was time for our TOT fastpasses...

More bad acting o_O

Next we took a ride on the Rock'n'Roller Coaster- single rider line but we ended up in the same car :).

Our last fastpass was for Fantasmic...

The night was still young so we hopped a bus to a resort and then went to Downtown Disney for a late dinner. Can you guess where we went? lol

Up next - Did the cold follow us all the way from NewBrunswick, Canada?!?

Last edited:

mrdrift

All of the pictures of MNSSHP were really cool. The MNSSHP is a family must if were could just find the time when the kids aren't in school. The parade pictures can keep coming since I haven't seen this parade yet. Following along.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 5 - Saturday, Nov 1st

Today we got ready to head out and when we opened the door to leave we turned right back around to get...some light jackets o_O. What happened to our beautiful weather? You will notice that we still kept our shorts/capris on though...lol. Now it was time to head to Animal Kingdom.

I know some people are not crazy about this park but we love exploring all the trails and experiencing everything that this unique park has to offer. That being said this year was a bit different. I knew that the crowds this time of year would be higher than normal because of Jersey week but I figured that since we had been to HS for Star Wars week-ends then we would be fine. However, the crowds coupled with all of the construction not only in AK but MK and Downtown Disney made for a few frustrating moments this trip.

And that is all I will say about that because I was still in Walt Disney World after all :joyfull:.

We started the day with an early lunch at FTBBQ (sorry no pics) and then we had a fastpass for the safari.

Sorry I have to stop here - having technical difficulties :grumpy:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the likes and comments. I really enjoy writing this trip report :D.

After the safari I wanted to try and get a picture of the new baby gorilla but it was too chilly for the little guy :cry:. Luckily the big guy was out.

Contemplating fatherhood perhaps?

Rough day at the office :hilarious:

I went to see It's Tough to be a bug by myself and then we used our fastpass for Everest. On our way we stopped to visit with Daisy.

So much fun! :happy:

Next it was time to see the Finding Nemo show.

I love this guy!

We did a little shopping and then took another walking trail.

New gloves for our brutal Canadian winter?

Brian loved this guy rocking the red Mohawk :D

We stopped to check the wait for Dinosaur but it was too long.

Smile your in Disney :happy:.

Silly tourist pic :rolleyes:

"What's that Brian?" "Behind me...wha...aahhh!" Sorry, I know don't quit my day job...more bad acting.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We decided to end our day at AK with another ride on the safari.

We encountered these little cuties on our way :).

It was late in the day so there were not many animals out.

"Wait come back!" The elusive cheetah :(

On our way out we stopped for some pics.

We were not acting in this one...lol. It was chilly!

Brian said he was cold so we went back to the resort so he could put on pants and another jacket and I put on a warmer jacket and then we were off to MK for EMH.

We rocked the EMH :D. I am quite sure these are not in order but we rode:
Winnie the Pooh, Buzz (4 times), BTMRR, POTC, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Prince Charming Carrousel, Barnstormer (2x's) and took photos with Rapunzel and Cinderella.

Game on! :joyfull:

We stopped to watch the fireworks for a few minutes.

This next picture is hilarious-at least to me. What in the Walt Disney World am I doing with my hands??? Hahaha too funny. Maybe I am praying that the meeting will be over fast o_O.

The one with Cinderella is almost as awkward. Because of the height difference I was afraid of my hand placement if I put my arm around her...lol :p.

I saw this pic in other reports but never knew where it was until this trip.

We look like we are freezing :eek: but we didn't let it stop us from having an amazing time :D.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 6 - Sunday, Nov 2

Slept in this morning and it was still a little chilly so we needed our jackets again. We started our day in Epcot.

We decided to have lunch at Katsura Grill in Japan. This was a nice experience - the food was decent and the area was really pretty. Both of us enjoyed it :).

I believe the next ones are from the China pavilion.

I wanted one! :joyfull:

Then we stopped to meet Mulan :).

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Excellent report and wonderful photos! Seriously loving the parade photos, no need to apologize for taking a lot!! Looking forward to the rest.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Excellent report and wonderful photos! Seriously loving the parade photos, no need to apologize for taking a lot!! Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks :happy:. I have even more pictures of the parade to come...lol. We were there for 2 weeks so this is going to be a long report :D.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Next we stopped in Italy.

Morocco (I think) where we met with Aladdin and Jasmine.

Brian was disappointed it was chilly. You can probably guess why ;).

Then we decided to walk to HS. It was a very enjoyable 1/2 hour. I would love to stay at the Boardwalk someday but with the price of our flights we can only afford to stay at the Values. No big deal because we are usually only at the resort to sleep but I think it would be amazing to be able to walk to HS and Epcot. Maybe someday :happy:.

On the way we saw this bird sunning him/herself.

Getting closer...

Almost there...

A couple of pics before we entered the park.

Yay we made it :inlove:.

1st stop was TSMM to use our fastpasses.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
After TSMM we had a fastpass for Indiana Jones. We had been to this show in 2011 and Brian had gotten picked to be an extra :D. Unfortunately not this time but we still enjoyed the show.

Picture from 2011

Pictures from 2014

Last fastpass was for TOT.

Check out the guys in the front row - hilarious :hilarious:. I love it!

Then it was time for some food at ABC Commissary.

HS had EMH until 9:30 so after our late dinner we went on Star Tours, Muppets, GMR and single rider line for RNRC.

We keep trying to get a decent pic of these 2 but this is the best we could get :cry:.

Tomorrow we leave the Disney bubble :eek:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Today we were going shopping at the Premium Outlet Mall so we rented a car for 2 days. We started with an early lunch at Wolfgang Pucks.

Brian tends to get the same thing each time - the salmon but I like to try mix it up a little. This time I did not enjoy my meal. I had this sandwich back in May 2013 and it was yummy but they changed the bread and I found it rather bland :(.

The ride to the mall was less than pleasant. I cannot read a map to save myself and I was trying to read the map on the phone but we ended up getting really angry with each other :mad:. Eventually Brian pulled over and found an app that talks to you so she helped us find our way...lol. He always jokes that I could get lost in a circular room so why he thought I would be useful reading a map is beyond me.

Brian trying to run away from me.

I had to stop for a chilled coffee at Starbucks to "cool off" ;).

After shopping for the afternoon we headed back to Downtown Disney for dinner and more retail therapy. We parked at one side and took the boat to the other.

Yes we went back to Wolfgangs :D.

Brian decided to try the pizza :eek: and he loved it. The only problem was it bothered his stomach so he couldn't finish it. I tried a piece and it was a party in my mouth -:jawdrop:-seriously yummy. It was called fennel sausage pizza.

Brian was so happy with his purchases he felt like dancing :hilarious:.

Back home :).

This big guy greeted us at the door o_O.

Thankfully it stayed outside. A few nights before this Brian had gone out to fill our mugs and when he came back he saw a giant moth on the ground that looked dazed so he picked it up and put it out of harms way. When he got back to the room I was sitting at the table working on the laptop and all of a sudden we heard a weird noise and looked down and there was the very large moth attached to his pant leg :eek:. We tried to stay calm but did I mention that it was gigantic! I think Brian was even starting to freak - we were worried that it was going to start flying around the room. Luckily Brian was able to back out of the room slowly and Mothra was safely outside once again :joyfull:. Sorry but in the excitement we forgot to take a picture.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 8 - Tuesday, Nov 4th

Today we started with breakfast at the resort. It was crazy busy because Sports and Music were sharing eating areas.

After eating we were off to Universal for the day. We had been there in 2011 and did not really enjoy it that much...mainly because it poured most of the day but also because the people working there were not very friendly or helpful. However, we decided to give it another try and to be honest I was really interested in the Harry Potter expansion.

Cool simulator

Optimus Prime - he moved and talked. I loved him - I am such a geek :geek:.

Brian did this one himself. I was too scared :cry:.

Next we went on twister and Shrek 4D

We stopped to meet gy and Scooby dooby doo :D.

Then walked around the Simpson area...

We went on this ride too.

I have no idea what those 2 were looking at but apparently it was shocking or are they ill? :confused:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We stopped to watch a small SpongeBob parade :).

Next up was the Disaster ride. This was ok but definitely not a must-do.

Then we were off to visit the new Harry Potter section. I loved that a staff member had to show you where to enter the area. Wow - this surpassed my expectations. The details were phenomenal. I feel guilty saying that because my heart belongs to Disney (nothing will ever beat the nostalgic feeling I get when I think of Disney. I have fond memories of my Grandmother watching Disney every Sunday :cry:) but Universal really stepped up with this expansion.

A dragon - I looovvvveee Dragons! :geek:

We went on The escape from Gringott's ride. It was well done - IMO.

More dragon pics :p

He breathed fire!:D

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We stopped for lunch...

Yes this was actually our "lunch" :hilarious:.

Then we decided to take the train over to the other park. It was a long wait but we enjoyed the experience.

I got braver as the day went on and decided to go on the Dragon Challenge with Brian :happy:.

We went on the ride in the castle too.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Ok last of the pics for Universal - I promise ;).

We continued on to the Jurassic Park area...

And walked right through it to the comic strip area and then the super hero section.

So true...lol.

We went on the Spiderman simulator...good fun.

Then I put my big girl pants on and braved The Hulk rollercoaster :eek:.

I survived and guess what...I loved it! :D

I felt so confident that we backtracked to the Dragon Challenge and rode it not once, twice, but 4 times in a row :cool:. I had to stop after the forth run because my equilibrium was off :hungover:.

We took a walk through the Dr Seuss area before heading home.

Brian is a big fan of the Grinch. About 5 years ago he made a Grinch costume and every year he goes in the Christmas parade :).

Now it was time for some real food. I am sure you can guess where we went :rolleyes: and I got this slice of heaven...

Brian went back to his usual.

Before heading back to our room Brian did a little shopping while I just sat and people watched :D.

Next - the car is returned and we are back in the Disney bubble :joyfull:.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom