Trip Report A very Happy 40th Birthday to me!

Hello everyone! My name is Tammy and I have been creeping on this site for about 2 years now but I finally decided to sign up and write my 1st trip report. This was the 3rd trip to Disney World for both my husband (Brian) and I. Our 1st trip was in Sept 2011 for our 10 year anniversary and I was hooked :p. I convinced Brian that we had to go back for his 40th in 2013 and we decided to go for the Star Wars week-ends in May that year. We are both geeks so it was right up our alley :cool:. I had actually written up a trip report for that one but I was too shy to post it :oops:. Before we had even gone on our 2nd trip I had already planned to go to Disney for my 40th in 2014 and luckily we were able to make it happen :geek:.

So
since I am on stay-cation this week I think it is a good time to relive our wonderful Disney memories. Also I need an escape from our crazy weather. We are from New Brunswick, Canada and winter has been brutal for the Maritimes :arghh:.

Here I am crawling across the snow to try and get to our car after one of our many storms this winter :hilarious:.

Here is a pic of Brian also trying to get to our car that same day

So without further delay (this report is late enough already) on with the trip report:

Day 1 - Tuesday, Oct 28th

We arrived at the Orlando airport about 1:30pm and caught the Magical express to the All Star Sports resort.

Check in went smoothly and we were on our way to Downtown Disney for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Sorry for our messy looking plates but we started eating before I remembered to take
the picture :rolleyes:

After dinner we did a little shopping and then decided to go explore the Fort
Wilderness Campsites because I heard that some of the campers decorate for Halloween. I also had another motive - Gary and Carol Cruise happened to be vacationing in Disney at Fort Wilderness at the same time and I was hoping to meet them. I follow their trip reports whenever they go to Disney and apparently according to Brian I am officially a stalker :jawdrop:. I casually passed by their campsite - ummm about 3 times but did not see them out so we continued along. Here is a pic of their campsite...

And a few other pics from that night

We got back to our resort, unpacked and were in bed about 11pm.

Last edited:

mrdrift

Great start to the trip report. Never tried Wolf Gang before and the food pictures looks delicious, some thing to try next trip. The Halloween decorations looked really cool with some spending lots of time and money on them. Seems like a fun time to take the family to celebrate Halloween. Following along.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Thanks for following along. I kept putting this off because I was so nervous about writing it but I am glad I finally had the courage to start :happy:.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Great start to the trip report. Never tried Wolf Gang before and the food pictures looks delicious, some thing to try next trip. The Halloween decorations looked really cool with some spending lots of time and money on them. Seems like a fun time to take the family to celebrate Halloween. Following along.

My husband and I love Wolfgang Pucks- the food is great and it is on the quick service dining plan so that is a huge bonus. Their cheesecake is amazing.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 2 - Wednesday, Oct 29th

Today we decided to start our day by taking some pictures around the resort:

Then we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom.

We walked through Adventureland and made our way to BTMR for our 1st ride :joyfull:.

After our wild ride we were off to Be Our Guest for lunch. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast so I was very excited to be dining here again. We were able to eat at BOG twice in May 2013.

A couple of pics along the way:

I really enjoy the entire experience of Be Our Guest - from the décor to the food and everything in between :happy:.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 2 - Cont'd...

Brian bought me the same tapestry above for Christmas and it is now hanging in my living room :).

After lunch we went to see Mickey's Philhar Magic and then continued on to Splash Mountain.

Next up was POTC and then we stopped to watch a show:

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
A 1st for us was the Tiki show - it was...interesting :D.

We then backtracked to visit the Haunted Mansion...a favorite.

We headed to the monorail and were off to Epcot for the rest of the day.

After a few rides and enjoying the aquariums we stopped in Norway for dinner.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
We explored Mexico after our yummy dinner in Norway and then found a place to watch Illuminations.

Luckily for us it was EMH at Epcot so we had time for a few more rides. We went on Test Track twice - single rider line and then ended the night on Spaceship Earth.

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Day 3 - Thursday, Oct 30th

We started the day by taking a couple more pictures of the resort...

And then we went to Downtown Disney for lunch at Wolfgang Pucks :hungry:.

After a little shopping we returned to our room to get ready for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. We went in September 2011 and had a fantastic time but did not dress up - we remedied that mistake this year :happy:.

I saw someone on this site had the same outfit for the party :D.

Brian cracks me up :hilarious:. While waiting for the bus to take us to the party a lady asked me if that was my real hair o_O...hahaha I wish!

Up next...a sold out party!

Last edited:

Rach&Eric

Loving your TR so far and was excited to see a fellow New Brunswicker! We're headed to WDW in October this year....182 days left, not that I'm counting lol!

mrdrift

Wonderful second day at the parks with some cool pictures. Great costumes, can't wait to see some pictures from the party. Food from Wolf Gang once again looked wonderful. Following along.

Beastly74

Original Poster
Party-time :joyfull:

We arrived about 4 (thanks to this site for the tip about arriving early ;))

Then we stopped at Cosmic Ray's to share a meal and listen to Sonny.

We had time to take a ride on Space Mountain and help Buzz defeat Zurg.

The above pic makes me laugh because I was worried about losing my hat so I had it pulled so low you cannot see my face :D.

We always have such intense gaming faces on Buzz :hilarious:.

Once we were finished saving the galaxy we went to get in line to meet Jack and Sally - this was a definite must do. I am very shy :oops: so I was nervous about talking to them but I am glad we had the interaction.

Sorry have to stop here hopefully I can post more tonight :).

Last edited:

Beastly74

Original Poster
Loving your TR so far and was excited to see a fellow New Brunswicker! We're headed to WDW in October this year....182 days left, not that I'm counting lol!

I knew there were people on here from PEI, NS and I think NFLD but I did not realize there was anyone else from NB...cool :). I am not sure when we will be able to get back to WDW but I have been looking at May 2016 for the Star Wars week-ends again. Enjoy your trip in October!

Rach&Eric

I knew there were people on here from PEI, NS and I think NFLD but I did not realize there was anyone else from NB...cool :). I am not sure when we will be able to get back to WDW but I have been looking at May 2016 for the Star Wars week-ends again. Enjoy your trip in October!

Hahaha I didn't think there was anyone else from NB on here either, honestly I was starting to think I was the only obsessed New Brunswicker on here. I'm really excited for our trip and I hope you get back in May next year that's not so far off.

Beastly74

Original Poster
After our meeting with Jack and Sally we decided to check out the Villain's show in front of the castle.

And then we wandered over to the Monster's Inc dance party.

Boo! :happy:

The fireworks were up next. We did not get any good pics but we really enjoyed them :).

Before we knew it we had to find seats for the parade - a must do at the Halloween party -warning lots of pictures to follow :joyfull:.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom