Trip Report A Stroll Down Memory Lane

Hello again, everyone! We still have 80 days until our next trip, and I am having some major issues with the waiting!! I decided to dig out some pics and souvenirs from trips past and share them.

We are me, Amy, Brian (hubby), Logan (13), Lily (10), and Owen (8).

I will start with my very first trip to WDW. It was July 1990, and it was the summer before my junior year of high school. I traveled with my parents and my younger brother. We started our trip with a visit to Kennedy Space Center.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We then took a cruise on "The Big Red Boat", which was the Disney cruise before there was a Disney Cruise Line!

Even back then, we had the same waiters for the entire cruise. They were Milan and Trinidad. (Not sure why I can remember that!!)

We tendered in to Green Turtle Cay, Great Guana Cay, Man-O-War Cay, and Treasure Cay of the Abaco Out Islands. I think that we visited all but Great Guana Cay. Here are pics, in no particular order:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
More pics of the Cays:

Now, you all need to remember that this was way before I started taking the huge amount of pics that I take now, so what you see is basically all of the pics that were taken on this trip, so I can't really weed out the bad ones and only show you the really good ones!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We then made our way to International Drive for our stay at the Floridian of Orlando. I remember it being along the lines of a Holiday Inn.

We had the 4 day Passport. We spent 2 days at MK, 1 at EPCOT, and 1 at the brand new MGM.

Check out these ticket prices!!

We hit EPCOT first.

HouCuseChickie

I think we were there in July of 1990 as well! I totally forgot about the Big Red Boat. Now seeing it, I'm reminded of all of the commercials. I also forgot how great the view was from the Skyway. I haven't been on the Kennedy Space Center tour since 1985, but those pics certainly bring back a lot of memories. Thanks for posting :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
O.M. Goodness, these bring back so many memories. Thank you so much for posting!
I think we were there in July of 1990 as well! I totally forgot about the Big Red Boat. Now seeing it, I'm reminded of all of the commercials. I also forgot how great the view was from the Skyway. I haven't been on the Kennedy Space Center tour since 1985, but those pics certainly bring back a lot of memories. Thanks for posting :)
You're so welcome! I had a really good time going through them and remembering that trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom