Trip Report A Stroll Down Memory Lane

Hello again, everyone! We still have 80 days until our next trip, and I am having some major issues with the waiting!! I decided to dig out some pics and souvenirs from trips past and share them.

We are me, Amy, Brian (hubby), Logan (13), Lily (10), and Owen (8).

I will start with my very first trip to WDW. It was July 1990, and it was the summer before my junior year of high school. I traveled with my parents and my younger brother. We started our trip with a visit to Kennedy Space Center.

LisaBelle

Love this! What a fun idea! My husband and I honeymooned at Disney, too. We were a few years ahead of you in 1989.
We were there for the early days of MGM Studios. I was definitely not the planner I am today. We didn't plan out anything before we went. My obsessive planning began in 2004 when I purchased my first Unofficial Guide to WDW prior to our first trip with our kids. Now I can't imagine setting foot in the parks without planning!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Love this! What a fun idea! My husband and I honeymooned at Disney, too. We were a few years ahead of you in 1989.
We were there for the early days of MGM Studios. I was definitely not the planner I am today. We didn't plan out anything before we went. My obsessive planning began in 2004 when I purchased my first Unofficial Guide to WDW prior to our first trip with our kids. Now I can't imagine setting foot in the parks without planning!!
Thanks for reading! I look back on our honeymoon and just cringe because of the lack of planning! Oh well, we still had a great time, so I guess that is all that matters!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Our next trip was in September of 2007. Logan was not quite 5, Lily was 2 1/2, and I was 5 months pregnant with Owen. This was the first trip I really took planning more seriously.

I still didn't take any notes, but I did take more pictures. Not nearly the amount I take now, but lots more than the previous two trips! I am going to just group the pictures by park since I don't have any idea in what order they were taken.

We stayed at All Star Movies in the Toy Story section.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We went to Epcot on our arrival day and one other day.

I believe The Character Spot was one of the first places we stopped. Lily wasn't sure what to think in the beginning. I had to be in the first and second pictures.

Then she wouldn't stand too close to Goofy, but at least I didn't have to be in the pic!

Then she even let Chip touch her.

By the time we got to Minnie, she was totally over her apprehension!!

Apparently, we did make it to World Showcase, as indicated by this pic:

But I have no other pics to indicate that we were there!:oops:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We spent two days at MGM.

We breakfasted at Hollywood and Vine with Leo and June from the Little Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath from JoJo's Circus.

The kids loved Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!

I miss Bear the Big Blue House!

Lily got to go up front and bounce with Tigger!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Lightning and Mater when they were on The Streets of America.

Lily fell in love with Woody this trip! It's hard to tell in this picture, but she wouldn't stop staring at him!

Power Rangers:

We laugh about this picture every time we see it!

She was so tired, she fell asleep while she was eating her snack!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Our refillable mugs:

We each received these pins and lanyards as we were exiting one of the rides:

We got to ride in the front of the monorail and received these:

The kids were given these (I think by the monorail driver, but I'm not sure!):

Up next, our 10th anniversary trip in 2008.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Okay, so one more trip that I haven't done a report on yet! This one was just Brian and I at Pop Century celebrating our 10th anniversary. We went Nov. 4-11, 2008 so we could catch the first MVMCP. I would have preferred to go later in the season, but Brian was working retail at the time and we were lucky they even let him off that late into November! The thing that stands out the most in my mind about this trip is that it was warmer in Ohio the day we landed than it was in Orlando, by a lot! We arrived at about 10am and took ME to Pop. We received this cool information booklet:

As well as a map of the resort:

that included a map of the entire WDW complex on the back of it.

We also received this informational handout about MVMCP:

We also got our anniversary buttons that Brian refused to wear!

Check out the prices:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom