A Stitch Thought

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
I just know i'll get flamed for this. Fire away, I guess even though I see nothing wrong with my post.

I do not agree with Stitch's Great Escape. first of all, the only reason AE got supposed "bad reviews' was because, (sorry) stupid parents would not read any warnings outside. As the WDW & Orlando For Dummies 2004 book says, This attraction has a legitimate warning about it being dark, and confining. That's basically a direct quote.

So then these parents not reading that warning caused it to close. But I mean anyone with a good head on their shoulders can guess that anything with a height limit and one that is constantly called "scary" will be "scary".

Anyway, also, Stitch just wont' feel right because it means Tomorrowland's themes will contradict (but they do already). If Stitch is considered futuristic because of the alien quality (and it certainly can't be called futuristic for any other way), then that means it best fits with Buzz Lightyear in genre. Space Mountain maybe, also the Astro Orbiters.

But the other Tomorrowland stuff -- Transit Authority, Timekeeper and COP (hope that's all the rest) -- are not distincly themed to aliens. Transit is not themed much at all.

Anyway all i'm saying is, why replace one thing because it happens not to be all cuddly? I mean why? Snow White's Scary Adventures isn't appropriate for youngin's either...

The biggest problem IMO is that this is all from a cartoon character instead of something more "real". This is the second cartoony ride in Tomorrowland (the other being the decent Buzz Lightyear ride).

If you dislike my opinion, say so!! I want to see different views, so that's why I posed. I don't feel I deserve a bombardment of neg rep for expressing my opinion in a nice (i think) way.

General Grizz

You got a WONDERFUL point there. If the new ride is a "thriller," then why are KIDS being further enticed to go into there to see Stitch?

I don't think closing AE really had to do with the "complaints." Could have been attendance (which I still have to get ahold of) -- but more than anything else, merchandise.

This is one subject I'll be paying very close attention to in November. . .

Buzzes Dad

Grizz,

You are correct. Just follow the money trail. Almost all decisions in life revolve around money especially a theme park the magnitude of WDW. How much merchandising occured with Alien Encounter? Yeah, they had some trinkets and such maybe even a plush of skippy(I loved that attraction) versus what can be done with stitch?(also like stitch) Doesn't stitch have 600 and some odd cousins?(I can't remeber the exact amount, anybody what the number is? Think of the merchandising on that alone:veryconfu

General Grizz

Buzzes Dad said:
Grizz,

You are correct. Just follow the money trail. Almost all decisions in life revolve around money especially a theme park the magnitude of WDW. How much merchandising occured with Alien Encounter? Yeah, they had some trinkets and such maybe even a plush of skippy(I loved that attraction) versus what can be done with stitch?(also like stitch) Doesn't stitch have 600 and some odd cousins?(I can't remeber the exact amount, anybody what the number is? Think of the merchandising on that alone:veryconfu
Actually, by closing AE, they were able to SELL all that merchandise! ;)

You see it at Buzz. (Did Dreamflight have a store??) Winnie the Pooh. (Did Toad have a store??)

They want a character OR thrill . . . no more originality. LESS WDI creativity.

Nonetheless, I have my own AE collection growing. . . :D

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
So Grizz, you agree with me?

Did I write my opinion poliely enough? I was worried of getting my account suspended if I get too much bad reps

WDWFREAK53

CoP is more out of place (now) than Stitch will be.

Transit Authority is about transit throughout the galaxy. (Where aliens are).

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway needs to go because that NEVER really fit in.

Space Mountain is about space travel through space. (Where "aliens" are).

Buzz is a TOY...but the "story" about Buzz is all about a space ranger that is trying to save the galaxy from Zurg. (Little green aliens...)

Stitch is about the Galactic Federation holding a prisoner "alien" (even though he's not an alien...he's an experiment created by an alien).

Timekeeper is about time travel and really has nothing to do with space.

So...there are already two contradicting stories in Tomorrowland.
1. Timekeeper, CoP, and Indy
2. Space Mountain, Buzz, TTA, Stitch, Astro Orbiter

Which would you rather keep?

I hate to say it...but I like the colorful whimsical spaceport idea. Epcot is for the future...where CoP and Timekeeper belong. (Notice I didn't say that Epcot was a place for the TIS?...No place is good for that :lol: )

WDWFREAK53

Mickeyrulz said:
So Grizz, you agree with me?

Did I write my opinion poliely enough? I was worried of getting my account suspended if I get too much bad reps

It's just your opinion...it was worded just fine, and I'm sure many people will agree with you :)

Maliboomer4617

I agree with everyone on this post. (Im sorry that its not what you wanted Mickey) Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters, but there was no need to close down AE for a ride including Stitch, who as far as I know has 627 cousins. :cool: The merchandising behind Stitch will be enormous, probably selling more in one month than AE did in a year. But still, I really wish they would bring back AE, maybe put it in Disneyland! But im sure that wont happen...:hammer:

Tim G

General Grizz said:
Actually, by closing AE, they were able to SELL all that merchandise! ;)

You see it at Buzz. (Did Dreamflight have a store??) Winnie the Pooh. (Did Toad have a store??)

They want a character OR thrill . . . no more originality. LESS WDI creativity.

Nonetheless, I have my own AE collection growing. . . :D
Merchandise didn't have anything to do with the rehab of AE... believe me...

Mickeyrulz

Original Poster
Sadly I can't see Disneyland getting AE. Their TOmorrowland is without a doubt dead.

The WDW Tomorrowland, IMO, could use some work. I know it got work in (I'm guessing approximately here) around 1996. It's been 8 years so we need rehab. Make one, unified theme -- "aliens", "space", whatever -- just pick one and stick to it. Look at Fantasyland. My fave old ride was 20K Leagues, but i'll agree straight up it was REAL out of place.

dxwwf3

Corrus said:
Merchandise didn't have anything to do with the rehab of AE... believe me...

Ok Corrus. So it wasn't because of guest complaints and it wasn't because of merchandise. So I guess the only thing left is attendence. And I honestly never saw AE as a walk on when I was there (except of course the last few hours of park operation where most things are walk ons). AE usually had 15-30 minute waits which is pretty good for a show of this type and size. Of course I can only go by my summer and December trips. But from what I saw it seems hard for me to believe that attendence was the MAIN factor in the AE replacement (not rehab :animwink: ).

Can you rule this one out for us too Corrus? I'm hoping that there was something behind the scenes that caused the AE closure. Thanks for all of your info.

General Grizz

dxwwf3 said:
Ok Corrus. So it wasn't because of guest complaints and it wasn't because of merchandise. So I guess the only thing left is attendence. And I honestly never saw AE as a walk on when I was there (except of course the last few hours of park operation where most things are walk ons). AE usually had 15-30 minute waits which is pretty good for a show of this type and size. Of course I can only go by my summer and December trips. But from what I saw it seems hard for me to believe that attendence was the MAIN factor in the AE replacement (not rehab :animwink: ).

Can you rule this one out for us too Corrus? I'm hoping that there was something behind the scenes that caused the AE closure. Thanks for all of your info.

I wouldn't count on it. Seems like Eisner is holding a knife behind Corrus and his computer these days. . .

:lookaroun :D :wave:

dxwwf3

WDWFREAK53 said:
It's just your opinion...it was worded just fine, and I'm sure many people will agree with you :)

Yeah I think there are one of two AE fans on here somewhere :animwink:.

Seriously though, I thought it was worded well too. I also agree with you because I fear a total character invasion of Tomorrowland. SGE will be pretty popular and I'm interested to see what casual AE fans think of it. I can take it if they like it better. AE wasn't for everyone and SGE will likely appeal to the common Disney name brand fan (I'm more of a WDW fan as opposed to the brand name). We'll have to wait and see if all the trouble was worth it or not. We may find out that SGE will sustain it's huge waits over a 5 or 6 year long period, or it may look like they should have picked another spot for a Stitch attraction. Either way I can't complain about SGE once it opens, because I won't be seeing it in person. I will take the opinions of trusted members on here and the rest of my group.

dxwwf3

General Grizz said:
I wouldn't count on it. Seems like Eisner is holding a knife behind Corrus and his computer these days. . .

:lookaroun :D :wave:

True, but he would rule it out if it wasn't the case. If we hear nothing back from him, then I guess we will know the real reason. I would still be shocked if that were the reason though. Especially where there are a handful of other shows on property that were much less popular than AE.

Tim G

dxwwf3 said:

It's called rebuilding tomorrowland... I'm shure Grizz knows something about that...

And Grizz, that was Not a nice remark...

General Grizz

Corrus said:
It's called rebuilding tomorrowland... I'm shure Grizz knows something about that...

And Grizz, that was Not a nice remark...
I'm sorry, Corrus. . . I did not mean to insult or denounce your view, but I was merely joking around.

I know that you know what's really going on, and I hope you know that I know that. :confused: :D

dxwwf3

Corrus said:
It's called rebuilding tomorrowland...

Thanks Corrus. That's what I needed to know. :wave:

Even though I didn't think it needed rebuilding so soon. But it wasn't my decision. At least now we know the real reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom