A Spirited Perfect Ten

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Are we all supposed to pretend we care about soccer just because our women won the World Cup? 'Cause I still don't.

20 million + tuned in. The same amount as watched the World Series game 7, and both college football playoff games.

Mls attendance has passed hockey and basketball. the ratings for EPL, La liga, The Champions League, are all up significantly.

I know it's hard for members of the older generations to accept, as they have heard for years that soccer is the next big thing. But the facts are the facts.

matt9112

"The small details are what used to make Disney great!"
"Ugh this small detail is a waste of time!!!!"

^^ why no one at TWDC takes fan opinions seriously. People will seriously complain about everything and anything, even if it's something they claim to lament about the past.

Amen

matt9112

My family and I went to MK both nights, July 3rd and 4th and found the crowds to be not too bad. Actually, July 3rd seemed more crowded, however, July 4th they did start to restrict access. We were able to go through because we were APs. It certainly didn't seem as crowded as July 4th in the early 90's. In fact, I-4 traffic was better than most weekends.
I will say, there was a large presence of Police, Security and CMs which was comforting considering the security concerns being discussed on the news.

You like to be surrounded by security?

asianway

Since 1995 EPCOT has had Greg Emmer, George Kalogridis, Karl Holz, Brad Rex, Jim MacPhee, Danny Cockerell, Erin Youngs, Sam Lau ... and I believe I missed one that was there for like two months a few years ago in between as VP. Nine leaders in two decades doesn't speak well. And only Georgie K was there for a fairly decent stint (1995-2000).

And while I have heard rumors Lau is being replaced, has this in fact happened yet? Or are they waiting for him to get a position outside of Disney before naming a replacement?
Rilous was there a month. He and Danny swapped parks then Rilous went to conventions in a hurry and Erin came in

bhg469

yesh D23 really hasn't had a good parks presentation for some time then if this is true. I feel you can only let them down so much before the people start to skip the parks section of the event.
I agree but we aren't talking about the most sane people. D23 will attract people no matter what, just like the parks will be successful if they just open the swamp in the DHS parking lot and call it Yoda's Degobah experience .

Goofyernmost

Just an FYI, but you are close to joining a few others on my ignore. Doubt you'll care, but just saying the being contrary just for the sake of it gets old.

I am saying that from the 1950s thru the 1990s, Imagineers felt the MAGIC of gliding above the park more than compensated for seeing a few roofs.

The back of MSUSA was NEVER supposed to be seen. It has, since 1971, been Cast work areas. There is a difference there.

Yes. It isn't. And since you are too cheap to ever stay at WDW resort, how is it that you even care? Please, don't answer. Go to a BBQ. Sit on a bottle rocket. Just don't tell me.

Again, how daft are you? Are you saying I was a child in the 70s, 80s and 90s? Are you saying that even children can't see things that are wrong or things that are right? Are you saying that any past observations are tainted by time and unreliable, even with photos or journals? Are you saying my decades of knowing people who 'made the MAGIC' and explained things to me doesn't matter? Why am I even answering this?

Oh yeah because I am wasting my time ... moving on ...
FYI... ignore away. I will not lose a moment of sleep. We have been adversaries multiple times over the years, not because I don't think that you have some inside knowledge, because I am sure you do. However, you are also an obnoxious twit that needs to have your apparently fragile ego massaged in 5 minute intervals.

You put people down when you don't have a direct, coherent response and make it sound like we are all so far below your level that we don't even deserve to share the planet with you. You contradict your long standing battle against the loss of the little things that, according to you, made things special, yet, if it isn't something that touches your emotion directly then it is of little importance and only, rubes, pixie dusters or apologists would care.

Sorry, you have said many things in the past that have resonated, you have also said more then your share of classic BS that is only wholly accepted by your loving fanbois that have their heads so close to your posterior that if you stopped quick it would take a team of surgeons to remove them.

So, like I said, ignore away... I will continue to speak out when I feel that gross exaggerations have entered the scene or even just because I see a different reason for actions then others. Another FYI, my alleged attitude isn't the only thing that can get very old.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In the spirit of our Chinese overlords, kind of interesting how their stock market is doing it's best imitation of a Fukishima reactor over the last week or so. So why does a country with 7% growth need Central Bank intervention?

Also saw some interesting articles on the CNBC website regarding doing business in China. To sum up, as an outsider, once you think you have the Chinese figured out, they change the rules. I would post links, but link posting on a Kindle is a PIA

Because China is using manufacturing to quell civil unrest, The real economics are NOT GOOD in China right now. China is running factories overtime right now and prices for goods are going through the floor. Last year I beams were going for 1.50/Lb now .50 and falling, Some of my associates are stockpiling steel for FUTURE projects because right now the cost is FAR below the real cost of production (Can you say DUMPING) of course this damages the steel industry in the west where the governments are not PAYING the mills to produce and the western mills actually have to recover their costs (and make a profit).

BernardandBianca

So for those who were wondering the next time you'd see an Off-Peak crowd at DHS? Yesterday was that day.

Middle of Peak Season.

Middle of the darn summer.

Day after the FOURTH OF JULY.

And they pull a 2. WTG, DHS. Bring on the changes.

Would be curious what level DAK was on Saturday the 4th. We went there around lunchtime, and after eating, walked straight on EE (single rider line), absolutely zero wait time. Walked into the Nemo show five minutes before start, and got seating middle section about halfway down the upper section. And most surprising, we went on KS twice in a row, because the entire time to get on the ride was spent walking through the Q line; got to the front and didn't even slow down to get on a truck. Was talking about how slow it was with a CM, and her only thought was that since DAK was the only park not doing fireworks, maybe everyone was going elsewhere.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Good.I've given up on that thread.

I'll just say that love it or hate it (or in between), any Disney fan who doesn't understand the artistic and bigger picture significance of Small World is truly lacking in the cred dept.

Oh, and I'll admit it, I love it ... just once a trip!

I love it as well, In our case it's usually the last thing we do at any MK visit, I wish they would go back to the ORIGINAL soundtrack OR do some work with directional audio the mismash of languages is hard on the ears. I like the international flavor of using the native language for each area I don't like hearing a half dozen all at once.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Make a map highlighting wrong area so we can all avoid it?

It's easy no map needed just DO NOT be in the area between Main St and Tomorrowland ie RH side of Hub looking at Castle, If you are there after a show you will be herded down the cattle chute. There is a second one on the other side but that is almost NEVER used.

PhotoDave219

Would be curious what level DAK was on Saturday the 4th. We went there around lunchtime, and after eating, walked straight on EE (single rider line), absolutely zero wait time. Walked into the Nemo show five minutes before start, and got seating middle section about halfway down the upper section. And most surprising, we went on KS twice in a row, because the entire time to get on the ride was spent walking through the Q line; got to the front and didn't even slow down to get on a truck. Was talking about how slow it was with a CM, and her only thought was that since DAK was the only park not doing fireworks, maybe everyone was going elsewhere.

I think that was an off-peak crowd as well.

Alektronic

Since 1995 EPCOT has had Greg Emmer, George Kalogridis, Karl Holz, Brad Rex, Jim MacPhee, Danny Cockerell, Erin Youngs, Sam Lau ... and I believe I missed one that was there for like two months a few years ago in between as VP. Nine leaders in two decades doesn't speak well. And only Georgie K was there for a fairly decent stint (1995-2000).

And while I have heard rumors Lau is being replaced, has this in fact happened yet? Or are they waiting for him to get a position outside of Disney before naming a replacement?

His replacement is Melissa Valiquette.

Cesar R M

Because China is using manufacturing to quell civil unrest, The real economics are NOT GOOD in China right now. China is running factories overtime right now and prices for goods are going through the floor. Last year I beams were going for 1.50/Lb now .50 and falling, Some of my associates are stockpiling steel for FUTURE projects because right now the cost is FAR below the real cost of production (Can you say DUMPING) of course this damages the steel industry in the west where the governments are not PAYING the mills to produce and the western mills actually have to recover their costs (and make a profit).
I'm surprised they havent been sued for dumping.
I'm scratching my head on why the US sues only for a few things.
I remember they suing because they claimed Mexico was "dumping" concrete. When in reality, the quarries produced a lot and was easy to get in my country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom