A Spirited Perfect Ten

Animaniac93-98

This is probably sacrilege, but if i'm going to Paris there's no way in hell I'm going to Disney. Arc de Triumph, the Louve, Eiffel Tower, drinking on the left bank, vineyards... thats more my speed.

And that castle on the mediterranean. Plus Normandy.

So much to do in Europe and frankly, Ive seen Disney enough in my life. Havent seen any of Europe.

It's a 30 minute train ride from the city and they offer discounted one-day tickets depending upon what day of they week/year you're going. If you consider yourself a Disney fan, it's worth your time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Which age group's Spring Break are you referring to? I know the grade schools in New England are still in their April vacation, with some ending this weekend and Massachusetts just beginning theirs Monday.
The busiest weeks at WDW are always the week before and the week after Easter. I'm pretty sure a large portion of the country has their spring break then. When Easter is really late (like middle to end of April) sometimes the schedule gets flexed earlier. I think the Southern and Florida schools tend to have their's earlier too since they end school earlier. In the past once you got about 2 weeks past Easter the crowds dropped until June. Who knows anymore. There never seems to really be a down time.

Touring Plans is showing some pretty low crowd levels for this past week. Some 2s and 3s mixed in.

Nemo14

The busiest weeks at WDW are always the week before and the week after Easter. I'm pretty sure a large portion of the country has their spring break then. When Easter is really late (like middle to end of April) sometimes the schedule gets flexed earlier. I think the Southern and Florida schools tend to have their's earlier too since they end school earlier. In the past once you got about 2 weeks past Easter the crowds dropped until June. Who knows anymore. There never seems to really be a down time.

Touring Plans is showing some pretty low crowd levels for this past week. Some 2s and 3s mixed in.
Public schools here started their April break yesterday, and I know of at least a dozen families heading to FL for the week. My DD's school in NH has the following week off and she has said the same about her students and their families. I suspect it's their way of escaping from the severe winter they had here.

PhotoDave219

Meh. I like 1 or 0 days.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Public schools here started their April break yesterday, and I know of at least a dozen families heading to FL for the week. My DD's school in NH has the following week off and she has said the same about her students and their families. I suspect it's their way of escaping from the severe winter they had here.
You can't have "spring" break when there's still a few feet of snow on the ground;).

I think the time for Spring Break has become more spread out around the country, but at least for WDW the insanely huge crowds usually end up being right around Easter still. I wish my kids didn't have their Spring Break during those crowded weeks. I'd take a 2 or 3 crowd day.

PhotoDave219

You can't have "spring" break when there's still a few feet of snow on the ground;).

I think the time for Spring Break has become more spread out around the country, but at least for WDW the insanely huge crowds usually end up being right around Easter still. I wish my kids didn't have their Spring Break during those crowded weeks. I'd take a 2 or 3 crowd day.

As the parks get busier, because the 10 keeps getting worse, what was a 4 is now a 2.

wdw47

Well the last time I visited the amenities were very lacking, but I get your point. With Paris being so near though, a visit tends to be a weekend thing for me, not somewhere I would take extra time off work for. I prefer to save those days up for long haul trips!

We did a three week honeymoon in June of 2012 in Paris and London. We stayed three nights at the Disneyland Hotel and all the Disney hotels in Paris lacked the pools areas we are all familiar with at WDW. We pool hopped to Newport Bay, Sequioa Lodge and obviously at the Disneyland hotel. None of them had pool bar areas or QS places to grab lunch by the pool. We attributed it to a culture thing but I couldn't help but think of all money they were losing out on by not offering these options to hotel guests.

They all had partial indoor and outdoor pool areas and it certainly seemed like it was not nearly as big a part of the hotel experience as it is stateside. I'm not sure what the New York Hotel pool had to offer. We live in Manhattan so we didn't wander over to check it out.

Goofyernmost

I get the whole 'why MM+ lovers' believe it is the greatest thing since Dole Whip. They;re the ones who complained about crisscrossing the MK 21 times a day to get FPs. But that is the entire problem with the old and new systems: They make the lands meaningless. You don't visit the MK as it was designed, as it was intended. You don't spend hours in Tomorrowland and then move to Fantasyland. Nope, you ride the rides. Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Pirates and meet characters and eat at meals you booked with a credit card six months ago. You don't get transported to different times and places. The entire FP system, both old and now high-tech (not really!) MM+, is antithetical to what a WDW vacation was all about for the resort's first 30 years. THAT is a story that @AustinC won't be writing. How technology is destroying a WDW vacation.
Sorry, I have to disagree with you there. You can try and blame it on MM+ if you want, but, you just said that you know that ship sailed the day that FP (original) was put in place. It's just a continuation and MM+ actually does keep you in lands longer since you don't have to run back and forth. But it was fundamentally much better before any of that garbage became available.

the.dreamfinder

This is probably sacrilege, but if i'm going to Paris there's no way in hell I'm going to Disney. Arc de Triumph, the Louve, Eiffel Tower, drinking on the left bank, vineyards... thats more my speed.

So much to do in Europe and frankly, Ive seen Disney enough in my life. Havent seen any of Europe.
I absolutely agree about Paris, but if you don't go to TDR if you were to hypothetically be in Tokyo. Well, you might have earned yourself a flogging in Spirit's dungeon. :devilish::eek::cool:

Last edited:

fillerup

I've often wondered if I'm the only one that feels this way. we've been to Europe four times, twice since DLP opened and it never crossed our minds to go there.

The same would likely be true in other overseas Disney cities. for us there's simply too much else to see and do to go looking for something that were quite familiar with.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've often wondered if I'm the only one that feels this way. we've been to Europe four times, twice since DLP opened and it never crossed our minds to go there.

The same would likely be true in other overseas Disney cities. for us there's simply too much else to see and do to go looking for something that were quite familiar with.
I'm with you guys too. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it wouldn't be a priority for me either.

Phil12

I'm with you guys too. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it wouldn't be a priority for me either.
It's kind of like going to Europe to visit a Wal-Mart. But the next time I'm in Europe I'm going to Burger King to see what they call a Whopper.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Agree, its like going to another country and just eat Burger King because eating the local cuisine never crossed your mind.

fillerup

It's kind of like going to Europe to visit a Wal-Mart. But the next time I'm in Europe I'm going to Burger King to see what they call a Whopper.

This post reminds me though of our first time in Europe after six weeks in six countries I discovered a McDonalds in Paris I fell to my knees in gratitude.

The food was much like here but the familiarity was a godsend.

And No no apologies for that

doctornick

I'm with you guys as well. I've been to Paris a number of times and never even considered visiting DLP. Only been to Tokyo once, but it didn't cross my mind there either. And it still wouldn't now. When I'm travelling internationally, I am interested in seeing the great cultural stuff that the location has to offer. I'm sure DLP is pretty, but there's literally dozens -- if not hundreds -- of things I would rather see in Europe before spending a day at DLP.

WDWFigment

What's the difference between forgoing the great cultural experiences and natural wonders we have in America for another WDW trip, and doing the same in a foreign country?

I think people feel a greater sense of urgency since trips to foreign locales have a rarer quality about them, but the truth is that most people will never see all the amazing things there are in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom