A Spirited Perfect Ten

RSoxNo1

Why would anyone want a clone of an attraction that opened in Anaheim in 1995 and Tokyo in 2001? If Disney does something with Indy in the parks going forward I'd like something that is a big of a wow as Indy was originally (and, yes, it still is an amazing attraction ... but you don't build something that raised the bar two decades ago, you build something that raises the bar today!)
It's because people are going to gravitate towards what they know. It's why people wanted a clone of Cars Land or Beastly Kingdom. They feel they understand it so they like it more. It's why the recent trend towards Intellectual Property based attractions is potentially a problem. "Do you want to go on the Harry Potter ride?" or "Do you want to go on a ride that's about something you're not familiar with?"

RSoxNo1

The plans call for one E Ticket.

Is this in anyway connected to the project you mentioned in November of 2012?

I believe I've brought this up before but this major project is looking more likely. Expect a major new attraction as part of the makeover that will be much like WRE with a twist. That's where things stand now and the plan is to begin construction after Snow White ride opens next year.

RSoxNo1

Although it leads to further speculation, there probably deserves to be a +Unknown Reno(s) and/or Attraction(s) to the DHS and Epcot sub-headings. It is "likely" there is more for both. It is unlikely that some random blogger will be first to break it though. ;)

Indeed. I think we'll have to start maintaining an actual list at some point....

Sounds like you just volunteered.

Looks like I did. Dammit.
I kind of already do this.

Cesar R M

Yesterday Disney released this:

And, well, having planned a lot of trips with MDX, I couldn't help myself but to parody it.

So...I present to you...the REALITY of MDX! (at least for now, this is tongue in cheek, because it's getting better all the time, and to be fair to Disney, this was a monumental undertaking...but, that doesn't mean that timeouts and other errors aren't frustrating!)

Awesome lol!
but you missed the part where the app fails to connect or the wifi fails as well XD

WDW1974

Original Poster
Honestly, I would not be surprised if they add MM+ to Disneyland as well.
I mean.. linking all parks into a " one brand" centralized system to handle all the databases, statistics.. plans..etc.. is a wetdream for analysts.
Making it work properly.. that's another different thing of course.

It won't work out there and it won't be accepted. At least not in the same WDW version of uber-planning, high-strung Guests, who say they enjoy vacationing by spreadsheet and apps.

As our west coasters (hey @TP2000 ... and @GiveMeTheMusic ... and @raven24 ... and even @WDWFigment .... paging you to the thread!) will attest, that isn't how DLR is consumed by Guests. And, yes, that is both the local 20-something coming in after classes in Fullerton or the family of six from Austin or Australia.

Smaller aspects can and will work. You see that already in the Fantasmic ticketing (which is exactly what WoC has done for five years now!)

Mike S

It is relatively new ... maybe since late 2013 ... and is a direct response to fraud, which is likely a direct result of Disney's pricing mixed with human nature.
Wasn't so bad for me since the parks weren't that busy. Man that was a great trip, and not just the Disney part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom