A Spirited Perfect Ten

hopemax

I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow, for the first time in 9 years. Used to go more to DL than WDW, but when my parents moved to FL, those trips became a lot more frequent. Free place to stay, free admission...hard to beat that.

I am looking forward to once again, experience live without FP+, and parks with many, many things to do. But since it's been 9 years, so much has changed, that I'm curious to see what I will think of all the new changes. I haven't ridden Nemo subs, seen Small World with Characters, Carsland.

Tigger1988

February is good but check the refurb schedule. You could miss something you really wanted to see. Don't miss Radiator Springs Racers and Cars Land at DCA either.
How far in advance are refurbs announced? I'm going in Feb and there's no information yet about what will be down.

PhotoDave219

So anyone else in love with the new Deadpool trailer as much as I am?!? Holy crap I cannot wait!!!

As a side note, the new batman vs superman and walking dead season 6 looked great too!

Dead pool? Looks so great.

Batman vs Superman? Didn't you mean "slow motion of people screaming?" It looks very Zac Snydery.... And I don't mean that as a compliment

ItlngrlBella

So someone got me looking at attendance.... here and I was hoping to take some time from it for awhile... I know we're 12 days into the quarter....

We're in Q4FY15/July-September.

Looking MK.... This entire year, MK is pulling 30% peak crowds. Unheard of... and means MK is packed beyond belief.

2013? Q4 pulled 12 peak crowds. 2014? Q4 pulled 13. 2015? 12 days into Q4FY15 and they've pulled 6 peak crowds.

Everyone should realize that 30% peak crowds is simply not sustainable..... (58/193 days).

Mix this with today's Maingate Blackout news for October (The Whole Month) and you really have to wonder if MK will keep it up.

TL;DR? MK is insanely busy. Avoid.

In other news, Stock is at $118/share. Hit an all-time high at $118.31 today, closed at $118.05.... Dios mio.....

...and just wait until most of DHS undergoes it's makeover when that park goes 1/2 offline - only funneling more to MK (and Epcot and maybe AK).

Wondering if TWDC built a Disney Park in Latin America (Brazil?), if it would lessen the crowds? All we saw in Feb 2013 were giant chanting tour groups.

Last edited:

ItlngrlBella

So anyone else in love with the new Deadpool trailer as much as I am?!? Holy crap I cannot wait!!!

I fangirled-out hard. He was hilariously snarky just the way I like him. :inlove: :happy: Watched the panel online, trailer looks awesome - I can't wait to see other teasers and trailers. Online news today is that in 3 weeks the "official" trailer will be available.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

...and just wait until most of DHS undergoes it's makeover when that park goes 1/2 offline - only funneling more to MK (and Epcot and maybe AK).

Wondering if TWDC built a Disney Park in Latin America (Brazil?), if it would lessen the crowds? All we saw in Feb 2013 were giant chanting tour groups.

Meh. During cheerleader season, you see that too. Just in English.

Cesar R M

Your theory only holds if wait times weren't posted. Since wait times are posted, basic guest behavior shows where you're wrong. Peter Pan can only have a 60 minute wait if people walk up to the queue, see the posted wait, and decide that 60 minutes is worth it. Even if Peter Pan was 100% standby, people will flood the line until it reached 60 minutes anyways. Wait times would be exactly unchanged without FP+.

Every post that tries to describe how Fastpass impacts wait times ignores the fact that guest behavior is dynamic. They assume if 6,000 people wait standby on a ride with FP+, then 6,000 people will wait standby on that same ride if it didn't have FP+. If that were the case, then obviously the waits would be shorter without FP+. But when you eliminate FP+, you also eliminate the 6,000 FP+ riders (assuming a 50% rate). You've doubled the speed of the standby line, but now you have 12,000 people wanting to go through it instead of 6,000. Your wait times are unchanged. Double standby supply and double standby demand means zero net impact on standby waits.

There are only two possible ways lines could be net longer due to FP+ (or legacy FP for that matter). First, guests could be experiencing a greater total number of attractions than they had previously. I think that's a good thing and would gladly take longer standby waits if it means I get to actually do more stuff. The other possibility is if rides are being sent out with empty boats/trains/vehicles at a greater rate than they had been previously. That's unlikely.
You're implying in a "perfect world". Trust me, real Park Experiences never reach the "Perfect World" expectations.

You're implying that the "posted times" are correct. in Attractions like Peter Pan.. its not.
30 minutes turned into a 1 hour and half wait for me, as the line grew larger and larger.
By the time I was finally riding.. I was barely able to rush to get to my next fastpass.
and good luck trying to change the times of your fastpasses during busy times.. the system will crash or simply not make the changes correctly.
Worse when you get penalized heavily if you miss one of your fastpasses (or cancel one, making you not allowed to make another fastpass on that attraction)

Cesar R M

I come back to this site and find seven or eight threads with breathless posts spouting new rumored attractions left and right.

The end result is what eventually gets announced will pale in comparison to fanboi dreams.

If Star Wars is going to equal The Best of the Best, then we're in business. If all of these projects are going to be an aggregation of half measures, then... *gulp*

But then again a DHS parking garage will warrant years of construction photos and hundreds of pages of excited speculation, so really it's a win-win for the fan community.
hopefully we will not get that silly "First Parking Garage client gets balloons and a pin" fiasco of DTD's parking lots. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom