A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

SorcererMC

Speaking of The Weatherman, and when are we not, it appears his political aspirations post-Disney are starting to kick into gear and word has it that Bob is eying a Senate run down the line. Apparently, his bumbling, fumbling, stumbling attempt to bring the NFL to Carson only nicked his teflon veneer and combined with his flag planted in the Chinese mainland and his acquisitions (Pixar, Marvel, Lucas) that have made him beloved on Wall Street by everyone not named Richie Greenfield have all primed him to move into the political arena. If this comes to fruition, expect his mouthpiece at Disney, Zenia Mucha, to head up his campaign.

I'm guessing that a year from now, he will have had a reality check on those aspirations. Although, since I'm not a Californian anymore, a part of me would want to see his campaign purely for the entertainment value.

brb1006

Good Morning America just did another Shanghai Disney segment a few minutes ago featuring Bob Over and the newswomen riding the attractions with more statements with Bob which she tells the rest if the needs gang.

SorcererMC

Good Morning America just did another Shanghai Disney segment a few minutes ago featuring Bob Over and the newswomen riding the attractions with more statements with Bob which she tells the rest if the needs gang.
Robin Roberts was just saying that they have a lot of open spaces and greenery, b/c open spaces are at a premium. George Stephanopolous says, 'it's distinctly Chinese'.

WDW used to have that greenery, too. :(

Bocabear

Robin Roberts was just saying that they have a lot of open spaces and greenery, b/c open spaces are at a premium. George Stephanopolous says, 'it's distinctly Chinese'.

WDW used to have that greenery, too. :(
That is the same line they used when they built Tokyo Disneyland....there were a lot of open spaces because open spaces were at such a premium... sounds more like Attractions are so expensive, so we are giving you lots of open space. When they built Hong Kong Disneyland the excuse was that the asian market preferred strolling gardens and Meet & Greets to actual rides and attractions... we see how that turned out.

rael ramone

Speaking of The Weatherman, and when are we not, it appears his political aspirations post-Disney are starting to kick into gear and word has it that Bob is eying a Senate run down the line. Apparently, his bumbling, fumbling, stumbling attempt to bring the NFL to Carson only nicked his teflon veneer and combined with his flag planted in the Chinese mainland and his acquisitions (Pixar, Marvel, Lucas) that have made him beloved on Wall Street by everyone not named Richie Greenfield have all primed him to move into the political arena. If this comes to fruition, expect his mouthpiece at Disney, Zenia Mucha, to head up his campaign.

And if he's eyeing a 2018 run, perhaps that means an early exit from $DIS... (well, actually *less late*)...

Would Zenia actually leave $DIS? I'm guessing those left would be in mortal fear of being exposed to 'actual journalism' and might sweeten the pot for her to stick around post Weatherboy...

Nmoody1

Spirited Summer Musings Part Dos:

Where did we leave off when Bob was personally hacking into my computer? Oh yeah ... Anaheim.

Apparently, Colglazier has been throwing an absolute hissy fit about first the Guardians Tower info being leaked and then that the OC Register actually conducted something known as journalism and wrote about the new hotel for the DLR.

Seems that MC believes he should be able to control the narrative as well as The Weatherman usually does and DLR's fearless leader isn't happy these news stories have come out well before the DLR PR machine can put on a pricey dog and pony and blogger show to announce them.

Good news out of Anaheim is that this fall's return of Fantasy in the Sky is indeed a short-term 'fix' ... designed to enable work to be done on DL's launch system and to get ready for a replacement for DL Forever. The strong rumor is Remember will be coming back in an altered form with upgrades and changes (after all, how can a Disney night show possibly not include Frozen and Star Wars, two of Walt's favorite things?)

More good news is that Fantasmic 2.0, right now slated for a June 2017 debut, will make the show a must see again for even the jaded fanbois and lifestylers who have seen it 784 times and long since moved on.

In what does seem like an Anaheim-centric Spirited update (sorry, I can only talk about gators and new shops at DD so much), Colglazier and Co are looking to play some more games with dynamic/surge pricing as Anaheim attendance hasn't fallen as it has in O-Town. Again, DCA's numbers are criminally low for reasons that only Chappie and The Weatherman could likely explain. The park outdrew at least two if not three WDW parks in 2015 and is doing better in '16.

Anyone wanna go cruising with the Spirit? Well, DCL is apparently looking ahead long term to a future in which the line has over double its current capacity at sea. Yes, that does mean more ships than the two currently on order and it also could mean a new piece of island property in the Bahamas might be purchased. Again, though, these are long term plans and Disney has been very conservative in both expansions it has undertaken.

It took awhile for WDW to acknowledge its Summer Awakens campaign down in South Florida, but the last week has seen it plastered on local TV as well as billboards. I can't say whether this was always the plan, or whether it is a result of all the non-Floridians (be they Americans, South Americans, UKers etc) who have decided not to visit right now.

I haven't been able to catch them, but I do like ABC's idea of new versions of classic game show like $100,00 Pyramid, To Tell the Truth and Match Game as alternate summer programming.

I know it has been discussed ad nauseum, but Iger personally is the reason behind the costly reshoots on Rogue One. He'll never admit it publicly, but he didn't like the film at all and felt it was far too dark and too violent. In other words, for all the talk about creating a massive SW UNIverse with films that are not tied directly to the Mother Ship when the time comes to do that, it's cold feet all the way.

Anecdotal evidence would suggest that even many WDW apologists are starting to grow weary of the constant price increases with almost nothing fresh added to the parks. (I am waiting for someone to point out the borrowed from SDL film, the Frozenstrom boat cruise past dancing Olaf, the apparently so-bad that even the bloggerwhores can't say anything nice Jungle Book show etc to 'prove' me wrong.)

How much are Opening Day SDL guidemaps going for on eBay and how many did @BrianLo, @WDWFigment , @lazyboy97o and @Nmoody1 take home?

So, I guess Season of the Force is like a season on some SW planet that lasts seven years, then?

Are the UNI Wand Wavers all hiding because Kong appears to be simply more of the same from Mark Woodbury and Co?

I see that Andy Castro has wrapped up his blogging career on Micechat. Good for him. He's talented and passionate and hopefully will be able to put his skills to good use on something that pays him. But take away the occasional updates on Knott's and UNI-Hollywood and ... there's nothing to see on that site anymore. Much like LaughingPlace.

Nothing like dropping by the local Disney outlet store and seeing all the SW and Pirate toy (word that rhymes with 'buns' that every real 'Murican loves!) for sale. Disney really has no shame. You don't want them in your parks anymore because they are fake weapons that look fake, but you won't stop making them or making money off them. Could Disney be hypocritical? Never.

Let's go to Paris where ... things are getting cleaned up and a totally new Dreams show is on tap for the 25th anniversary (again, likely with massive Frozen and Star Wars ... and even Marvel sections).

Has my pal 'that dude' Derek Burgan Tweeted about the fact the WDW outlet stores are (I kid you not) using DL 50th (yes, the ones from 2005-06) bags? You gotta be on top of that when you have the No. 1 BY FAR and longest running WDW outlet store blog.

Speaking of Paris' 25th... could we be seeing the first marvel float (disneyland) or parade (studios)?!

Even if I did sell all my merch and opening day maps, I still couldn't afford a gator feeding room at the Poly... maybe when the fall discounts hit... I reckon they will be quite considerable this year!

COProgressFan

And if he's eyeing a 2018 run, perhaps that means an early exit from $DIS... (well, actually *less late*)...

Would Zenia actually leave $DIS? I'm guessing those left would be in mortal fear of being exposed to 'actual journalism' and might sweeten the pot for her to stick around post Weatherboy...

I would expect her to leave Disney when Iger goes, whether he seeks political office or not.

And she really is evil. Nothing like bad-mouthing Disney family members (Roy) in the press during the 2002/2003 Save Disney campaign. Real classy.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Spirited Summer Musings Part Dos:

I know it has been discussed ad nauseum, but Iger personally is the reason behind the costly reshoots on Rogue One. He'll never admit it publicly, but he didn't like the film at all and felt it was far too dark and too violent. In other words, for all the talk about creating a massive SW UNIverse with films that are not tied directly to the Mother Ship when the time comes to do that, it's cold feet all the way.

Anecdotal evidence would suggest that even many WDW apologists are starting to grow weary of the constant price increases with almost nothing fresh added to the parks. (I am waiting for someone to point out the borrowed from SDL film, the Frozenstrom boat cruise past dancing Olaf, the apparently so-bad that even the bloggerwhores can't say anything nice Jungle Book show etc to 'prove' me wrong.)

So, I guess Season of the Force is like a season on some SW planet that lasts seven years, then?

So as usual Star Wars is being dumbed down to the level where it will please a fearful toddler so as not to affect toy sales, Ducky, Just Ducky.

Season of the Force a really great replacement for SWW NOT!, And to top it off the (Failure To) Launch Bay is now the venue for overpriced cupcake parties, Just a pathetic effort how much would it have cost to put the cantina in Tatooine right NOW not 5-7 years from now.

rael ramone

So as usual Star Wars is being dumbed down to the level where it will please a fearful toddler so as not to affect toy sales, Ducky, Just Ducky.

Season of the Force a really great replacement for SWW NOT!, And to top it off the (Failure To) Launch Bay is now the venue for overpriced cupcake parties, Just a pathetic effort how much would it have cost to put the cantina in Tatooine right NOW not 5-7 years from now.

Hey, don't knock making films more 'toycentric'... look how good it did for 'Batman & Robin'.... :eek:

brb1006

Apparently Disney is going to stream a special announcement tomorrow on there Facebook page around 9am PST.
IuNHwoszzEIWuYqO8hiDhxAVADg4DegxIkB9NYCc-L8.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom