A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

SorcererMC

Well, that's cool. Loved the first film. I wonder if it'll have more classic videogame characters in it, like maybe Mario and Link?
I'm guessing that the rumored 'NintendoLand' at Universal would put that out of the question. (If I'm mixing up rumors or videogame IPs, someone please correct me).

hopemax

I liked the first Wreck-It-Ralph, but it demonstrates what I don't get about Disney. The film was successful, but since it's release from a Consumer Products perspective it has disappeared with the exception of a couple pins here and there. I worry the same for Zootopia, unlike Frozen which hit the world like a battering ram, it kind of quietly made its billion dollars. There has been no room for building on these successful but quieter between Princess, Star Wars and Marvel. A small trickle or merchandise or video game projects, or something could have helped keep interest among the younger generation. Older geeks, may still be actively thinking about it fondly., but it's probably fallen out of the consciousness of everyone else. If they were committing to a sequel, it seems like they should have been doing more promotion in the interim and not just the original marketing roll-out and then let it die.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I liked the first Wreck-It-Ralph, but it demonstrates what I don't get about Disney. The film was successful, but since it's release from a Consumer Products perspective it has disappeared with the exception of a couple pins here and there

You will still find a few things but not too much...it didn't sell particularly great (at least from what I heard)...and stores can only fit so much.

Last edited:

ctrlaltdel

Of course not. Just a little dark humor. :) It does seem like a surprising venture to me. I do not yet know what the venture does other than "video". I only care if it loses money. I still have DIS.
They are very into the streaming business, one of the biggest and best out there. MLB.tv is easily the best sports streaming platform out there (IMO). They also helped create HBONow/HBOGo. I know it sounds strange since they are tied with Baseball, but they are a legit company, potentially could become one of biggest media companies in the world.

wogwog

They are very into the streaming business, one of the biggest and best out there. MLB.tv is easily the best sports streaming platform out there (IMO). They also helped create HBONow/HBOGo. I know it sounds strange since they are tied with Baseball, but they are a legit company, potentially could become one of biggest media companies in the world.
Thanks for the info. I am not a gamer. I will look the company up for education at least. My computer skills are email and reading the news. I still use a travel agent for planes and cruises. Very old school.:confused:

Mike S

Wreck It Ralph 2 - March 9, 2018.
:D
Well, that's cool. Loved the first film. I wonder if it'll have more classic videogame characters in it, like maybe Mario and Link?
I sure hope so!!!
I'm guessing that the rumored 'NintendoLand' at Universal would put that out of the question. (If I'm mixing up rumors or videogame IPs, someone please correct me).
Different contracts. Uni only has theme park rights.
Coming soon to a Future World pavilion, I'm sure.........
Probably... :(

BrianLo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom