A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

donsullivan

Premium Member
Infinity War is reportedly 156 minutes long. I’m pretty okay with that considering how many plots are going to be happening during this thing.
I wonder what impact having the movie be that long might have on box office, especially for opening weekend. When the movie is that long, it can reduce the number of times per day a theater can play it, which can reduce revenue.

Princess Leia

I wonder what impact having the movie be that long might have on box office, especially for opening weekend. When the movie is that long, it can reduce the number of times per day a theater can play it, which can reduce revenue.
I mean, Avatar was slightly longer than this and it still did pretty okay ;)

I think the only thing that might slightly hurt the movie is the tone. If word of mouth gets around that it’s darker and several beloved characters are killed, that could hurt things for parents with small kids who are on the fence of whether or not to go with the kiddos. Thanos isn’t playing around.

Bairstow

I love how he says he was a "casual user". If you have a dealer, you're not a "casual user".

I actually see this the other way.
A serious addict would have multiple sources for their drugs, and their addiction would be strong enough that they couldn't rely on one trusted supplier.

smile

I actually see this the other way.
A serious addict would have multiple sources for their drugs, and their addiction would be strong enough that they couldn't rely on one trusted supplier.

maybe, but i would consider a casual user as one that goes in on some with friends for new year's, not somebody who's got their own personal connect
... regardless, still think if you're in a position to be extorted, you're not casual

i mean, extorted can mean many things, but... c'mon now

njDizFan

Lawrence Kasdan said Solo was the best screenplay he had written and the two directors were straying to far off the script. Solo is my dark horse movie.
Well he hasn't wrote a decent script in 30 years dating back to The Accidental Tourist.

Although I do think the trailer looked pretty good and I have not been a fan of the sequels.

the.dreamfinder

Is it better than IMAX or about the same discounting the 3D of course?
  1. Start with distance from home. Which is closer?
  2. Is your nearest IMAX a true IMAX theater or lieMAX? Check here. lieMAX tickets cost the same as the real thing so they’re a poor value.
  3. If the closest one is a lieMAX, opt for Dolby.
Personally, the closest IMAX, at the Cherry Hill Mall, is a lieMAX and the Dolby Cinema theaters haven’t really penetrated the philly market yet. But once or twice a year, I’ll endure the Schuykill expressway traffic for the King of Prussia IMAX.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom