Trip Report A Royal Affair: Oli's First Visit

THE SETUP
Hi folks!

This is my first trip report - although I'm no @Tuvalu , I'm hoping to make this report magical and memorable.

The trip starts officially on May 19th, and ends on May 26th.
So why so early you ask? I'm planning on updating this report throughout the week with LIVE updates, before doing a full fledge report once I return.

During the next few days and weeks, this report will be populated with all the information you're looking for - and so much more.

TO STAY INFORMED
To follow the trip as it unfolds - give me a follow on Instagram: @mlarocque87
To see all the trip pictures [once the trip is finished]: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQ21E2u
To get all the planning details - check out my pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/4th-birthday-at-wdw-why-not.924844/

dmatt87

Original Poster
Your trip looks really magical so far!! I'm almost certain my daughter is going to cry hysterically when she meets mickey instead of the hug and smile your son had!!

Question: Did you just ask if there was availability to switch and they moved your room? Did you tip? How did this room change go down?
It's actually a funny story - I walked in into the registration area think that online check in had a special area but apparently that is not the case at POR - so I went to see Bryan (manager) to see if there was a online check in line and he said no - but offered to check me in. I then requested a birthday button for Oli and asked him if it was possible to switch room - i was very nice and calm and explained that even though I know that requests are just that, that I was very far from where I had wanted to be and the walk was an inconvenience to get to transport and the lobby. He asked me where I wanted to be and I got one room beside it :)

dmatt87

Original Poster
Live Update (Day 2/3)

Sorry for the lack of update in the last 36 hours. Monday afternoon we experienced Epcot - of course we did SSE to start - then moved up the countries until France where we had an ADR for Les Chefs de France. I did do a little stop in the Canadian section to try a "snack" from a F&G booth - scallops, potatoes and beans - they were excellent and served as an appetizer to my dinner. During our dinner the rain hit us hard - when we got out it was still raining but not too intense, plus we had ponchos. We looked at a few countries but my wife wanted to try to meet Elsa and Anna, and was hoping that the rain scared off some people - and it did. We meet them in only 15 minutes.

This morning we hit MK again - redid some favorites and the highlight was lunch at CRT - the food was very good and Oli was over the moon meeting all these princesses. Only negative comment, we felt very rushed.

In the PM, we went to HS to catch a few shows, and used our 4th FP on Toy Story Mania!!! We had dinner at Mama Melrose - it was a Fantasmic dinner package. Food was good but not great but we liked the atmosphere. We actually missed the last part of Indiana Jones due to rain! We finally caught a show this week and it was just the best - Oli was doing the magic along side Mickey.

Tomorrow's forecast is rain, and lots of it - especially in the afternoon and evening. We will hit AK in the morning for the safari and Nemo - and then head back to our room for the rest of the day. Initial plan called for MK EMH in the evening with an ADR at a crystal Palace and the new fireworks - but I don't think it will happen :(
IMG_7168.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Thanks for keeping the updates coming
Too bad about the rain but take advantage of the shorter lines (like you did with Anna and Elsa)

I see our little man found a few more princesses to warm up to!!!

Max

dmatt87

Original Poster
Live Update - Day 5 (Last full day)

Last night we enjoyed Disney Springs and dinner at PH. We got our shopping done - we were happy to find a Marshmellow stuffed animal for Oli, we've been searching forever.

This morning we did Epcot - we got everything on our list done - sadly Oli is too short for Soarin and Test Track. We grabbed lunch at Les Halles. We had one last FP for SSE before leaving but the ride was down :( - luckily we had done earlier in the week.

We will prepare our luggage this afternoon since our shuttle leaves at 7:20 tomorrow morning :jawdrop:

We are however finishing the trip on a high note - we are going to MK for dinner and Happily Ever After. And best of all - I was able to get a little minute reservation for BOG... we had went for lunch and now it's for dinner - we will get to see the Beast!!!

And here's a random picture from our trip - to hold you over until the final trip report:
IMG_7463.JPG

dmatt87

Original Poster
Live Update - The Finale

So it's the end... those words are written while sitting in the Magical Express on our way to MCO. Our plane leaves at 11:40 this morning and should land in Montreal around 2:40 this afternoon - then add customs and the ride home and we should be home around 6 or 7 tonight :banghead:

It was a short night - went to bed late watching the NHL Playoffs, and unfortunately my team lost!!!!

Our last evening didn't go as planned - the bus to MK took over 50 minutes to get to us - more ranting later! We were able to meet Tiana and Rapunzel with a FP - we were very happy! After doing the carousel, we went to BOG for our 7:40 reservation - it took over 10 minutes to get checked in and, short story, we got our food at almost 8:30 :mad:

I missed the show, because of reservation delays and the very long wait to meet The Beast.

It was however a great week - and can't wait to share all the details and (many) pictures with you all.

Cheers!
IMG_7087.JPG

dmatt87

Original Poster
How was Planet Hollywood? I'm dying to try one of their milkshakes!:hungry::p So glad the wait time for Anna and Elsa was short!
Planet Hollywood was better than expected but portions are huge! Émilie had the ribs and they were delicious and tender - I had the Ringer Burger and it was tasty. Oli got the spaghetti and even though it was kid sized - it looked like an adult portion. We were sontuffed that we didn't try the milkshakes - sad because I was looking forward to them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom