Trip Report A Royal Affair: Oli's First Visit

THE SETUP
Hi folks!

This is my first trip report - although I'm no @Tuvalu , I'm hoping to make this report magical and memorable.

The trip starts officially on May 19th, and ends on May 26th.
So why so early you ask? I'm planning on updating this report throughout the week with LIVE updates, before doing a full fledge report once I return.

During the next few days and weeks, this report will be populated with all the information you're looking for - and so much more.

TO STAY INFORMED
To follow the trip as it unfolds - give me a follow on Instagram: @mlarocque87
To see all the trip pictures [once the trip is finished]: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQ21E2u
To get all the planning details - check out my pre-trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/4th-birthday-at-wdw-why-not.924844/

dmatt87

Original Poster
LIVE REPORT
So the fun starts now - I'm leaving work in a few minutes to pick up Emilie and finish our packing.
Later this afternoon we are picking up our son at daycare, and surprising him by announcing that we are going to DISNEY today - and not in 2 weeks ;)

I will keep you posted with his reaction!

34755701595_90abc7a811.jpg

dmatt87

Original Poster
Live Update - Travel Day

Quick update here. We got to the hotel in Montreal about 45 minutes ago - our plane leaves for Orlando at 7:40 tomorrow morning.

Oli was so happy when we gave him the news that we were heading to Disney. He reached out tonhug me and said I love you! I was so grateful :inlove:

Little side note - I had booked a hotel beside the airport with parking for the week. It looked OK in the pictures... but wow! The room is a little suite - it's literally twice the size of our POR room :jawdrop:
IMG_6393.JPG

Next update in the morning!

dmatt87

Original Poster
Live(ish) Update - Day 1 Travel and MK (Cont.)

We made great time with the plane and actually got to MCO 25 minutes early - however DME lineup was long and slow... I mean why can't people be prepared.

The DME ride was slow, but on the way to POR I got an email saying my room was ready :joyfull:
But not a good one... I know that requests are just requests but I had requested a Oak Manor Cornor Room on the second floor - close to the main building and transport. We received a Parterre 1st floor corner room at the complete end of the building and in the back :(

Then we got there I met my hero Bryan - more on him in the full TR - but I will say that we are now staying 1 room from exactly where I wanted to be :D

We went to MK for a few hours - we had FP for Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and Pirates. Oli got scared a bit in HM - and like always the ride had two long stops during...

Getting used to the Orlando heat and humidity is not easy - we were always dehydrated.

It will be a rough week with Oli - the kid wants everything - and when he doesn't get it he flips. I think we had at least 2 tantrums in the sun yesterday!

We then went to Disney Springs for our ADR at T-Rex. Food was standard but felt good - service by Shay was top notch. Everyone was tired so we went back to the room to go swimming and sleep!

Honorable mention of the day: Mo at the Riverside Mill bakery. Great gentleman with a big smile and impeccable service!

Off to MK this morning and AK tonight to see ROL!

dmatt87

Original Poster
Live Update - Day 2 (MK)

Great morning - we were able to make almost rope drop and get a lot of stuff done - 5 FPs before lunch including Oli's first character meeting - he LOVED IT, he jumped in her arms right away without hesitation.

Now we are at BOG for lunch. Next update a little later - but follow me on Instagram to see a lot of pictures: @mlarocque87

slipperalwaysfits

Glad Oli is learning he can't have everything but I hope he's enjoying himself! Wasn't BOG amazing!!?? So glad you are staying where you want! :cool::p Can't wait to hear how Oli loves the safaris and animal trails!

21stamps

Live Update - Day 2 (MK)

Great morning - we were able to make almost rope drop and get a lot of stuff done - 5 FPs before lunch including Oli's first character meeting - he LOVED IT, he jumped in her arms right away without hesitation.

Now we are at BOG for lunch. Next update a little later - but follow me on Instagram to see a lot of pictures: @mlarocque87

Following on Instagram and here!!!

dmatt87

Original Poster
IMG_6790.JPG
Live Update - Day 1 (AK)

After a great morning at MK, we went to the room for a quick swim and a small nap for Oli. We then hurried out to AK to hit Festival of the Lion King. Oli loved it - more on that love in the TR. We got lucky with only a 7 minutes wait for the safari. Afterwards we headed to Tusker House - the food was good but a little more selection would be appreciated - but we weren't just there to eat. Oli was mesmerized when he saw why we were there. He met his pal Mickey and the gang!

This morning we are headed to DHS for H&V breakfast and beyond;)

Update this afternoon.

dmatt87

Original Poster
Live Update - Day 2 (DHS)

Started out with breakfast at H&V - Oli loved the characters especially Doc McStuffin! He was even excited to see Handy Manny - he didn't have a clue who he was since we don't have him in Canada.

We headed afterwards to GMR - it was okay but it's getting very outdated - can't wait for something to take its place. We then used a FP to do Toy Story Mania - we had a ball and I got 123,000, not bad for my first time.

We visited Star Wars Launch Bay and the Frozen Sing-a-long - a little long for my taste. We then add lunch at Backlot Express.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hey Matt
Just getting caught up
The trip looks great so far

Oli seems to be having an okay time..... JK !!!... he seems to be over the moon happy in the pics you are posting!!
I am sure he burns hot at times but the pure joy when he met Mickey and the devilish smile when sitting next to Ariel is priceless.
He is quite the ladies man!

I will be following along as best I can

Take care and have a blast!!!!!

Max

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Then we got there I met my hero Bryan - more on him in the full TR - but I will say that we are now staying 1 room from exactly where I wanted to be :D

Your trip looks really magical so far!! I'm almost certain my daughter is going to cry hysterically when she meets mickey instead of the hug and smile your son had!!

Question: Did you just ask if there was availability to switch and they moved your room? Did you tip? How did this room change go down?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom