1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, Jan 23, 2013.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000

AtHomeBoy_2000 Well-Known Member

From the social butterflies, I mean the Disney Parks Blog...
    More at the link above

2. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

No surprise

3. AtHomeBoy_2000

AtHomeBoy_2000 Well-Known Member Original Poster

It's been talked about for a while. It's just officially announced today.

4. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

Sounds like Agent P for AdventureLand. Should be interesting.

5. bgraham34

bgraham34 Well-Known Member

Yeah not huge news, but news none the less.

6. alindley

alindley New Member

Honestly, I think this will just lead to more people running around not going on rides. Which is wonderful for me seeing as that's all I want to do. But at a certain point they will run out of places to put these things and will have to create more rides to handle the volume of guests, so if this starting up now is the way to help that then great. If it means, we have to get 3 of these in every park before they do, that's just a waste.

7. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

I kind of like these small-scale individual scavenger... quest... things...
    Do we have a proper term for these yet?

[​IMG]

jdmdisney99 and paul436 like this.
  8. disneyeater

disneyeater Active Member

I like the idea of these (although the one my kids can play while I stroll around World Showcase is the only one I am actually interested in), but I hope they limit the number they are putting in. One in AK and one on Streets of America should be the limit.

9. wsmith1978

wsmith1978 Well-Known Member

I loooove Pirate stuff, so even though this isn't exactly for my age group, it's still neat.

FabulousFigment and bhg469 like this.
  10. RAXIP

RAXIP Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. George

George Captain Dingleberry Premium Member

What we really need is an inscrutable acronym for infrequent magic visitors. I think Small-Scale Individual Scavenger Quest (SSISQ) works well since people will really puzzle over the Q.

12. mickey2008.1

mickey2008.1 Well-Known Member

more stuff to do while we have to wait for our fast plus. It's starting to come together, whether we like it or not. Less fast passes and something to keep us from realizing that.

13. MeTa

MeTa Member

It also said on the release that you will get to see barbossa and jack......will there be some sort of meet and greet similar to disneyland.....seems that WDW lacks that photo op and autograph for the kids and that would be awesome.

Paul jr likes this.
  14. Bairstow

Probably too early to tell.
    Scavenger Quests usually include some sort of guest-to-person interaction but I don't see them dedicating a full-time costumed character CM to this thing.
    If I would have to guess, I'd say that you'll need to meet up with a gift shop employee at some point, but that Jack or Barbossa will be limited to appearances on screen, either a fixed one somewhere in the land or on the little phone thing you use.

15. MeTa

MeTa Member

thats one of the most frustrating parts of WDW is that we dont have a meet with spaorrow. My kid wanted to get a quick pic with him at the show outside the ride and he did an impromptu stop for a pic but he was behind him and it wasnt personable, i know they are not allowed to but they should be since he is such a popular character.

16. Paul jr

Paul jr Well-Known Member

That could be fun. Complete the quest... scavenger... things... and as a reward you can meet the Captain. Harrrrrr:mad:

17. Kev1417

Kev1417 Active Member

Are they using these types of "games" to keep people out of the lines or reduce wait times? seems more logical just to build a new ride to displace people. I guess the new mine train will take care of some of that, but add a new e-ticket and we may see lines decrease more across the board. Instead I feel all of these scavenger hunt games could just cause more crowded walk ways.

18. paul436

paul436 Active Member

Me too. Even if I do not want to participate, it may keep the lines a bit shorter. But I am always looking for something new to do at WDW. After several trips, new things can be a lot of fun. I may even stumble into a place I never happened to get to before.

19. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Does the concept art show people shooting at the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse?

Tip Top Club and Bob Saget like this.
  20. Bairstow

They appear to be shooting at a bell, which I assume is going to in the old remote control boat area near the Jungle Cruise.
    The concept art appears to be taking some liberties with the geography of the land for artistic purposes.