A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

dreamscometrue

What we really need is an inscrutable acronym for infrequent magic visitors. I think Small-Scale Individual Scavenger Quest (SSISQ) works well since people will really puzzle over the Q.

Can't we just use M.I.L.F. again? I know it's already an M.K attraction, and doesn't really fit, but I like typing it. ;)

Oh, and btw, I like this little interactive thing too. I actually played the S.o.t. M.K. last month and found it to be quite fun. I'm a 'middle aged' guy too who does no gaming whatsoever, but I liked it.

psuchad

Am I correct that this concept drawing is from 2009? At least that is what it looks like in the artist's signature. Does it really take four years for something like this to be put together?

AndyS2992

wow... I know Tom Sawyer island is in so-called "Frontierland" but this would have been much better there... and called Treasure Island

for those that would argue this wouldn't fit in "Frontierland" I give you exibit A - most if not all attractions in "Tomorrowland"

Eh? All the rides in Tomorrowland fit the theme except Monsters Inc.

Space Mountain - Domestic space travel
Astro Orbiter - Domestic space travel
Stitch - Aliens
Peoplemover - low energy mass transit system
Speedway - make them electric and it will fit
Buzz - Astronaught fighting aliens in space, toys but whatever
CoP - technology from past to future, though now needs an update
Milf - monsters being stupid

FigmentJedi

Eh? All the rides in Tomorrowland fit the theme except Monsters Inc.

Space Mountain - Domestic space travel
Astro Orbiter - Domestic space travel
Stitch - Aliens
Peoplemover - low energy mass transit system
Speedway - make them electric and it will fit
Buzz - Astronaught fighting aliens in space, toys but whatever
CoP - technology from past to future, though now needs an update
Milf - monsters being stupid

Stitch is set in the "far-off" year of 2002 considering it's a prequel to the film and Buzz Lightyear being toys instead of being set entirely within the sci-fi world of the television show is pretty distracting to the storytelling as well, though moreso with the Astroblasters versions worldwide where they say they plan on returning Zurg to the store.

Tomorrowland used to have a pretty good campaign book until they let more of the Marketeers become the Dungeon Masters. I don't mind them using characters, but they need to put a lot more effort into incorporating them into the broader narrative. Make a Stitch attraction that doesn't suck and keeps it vague as to when it's set, give us the real Buzz Lightyear and his crew instead of the giant playset, send the Monsters to Pixar Place at DHS and put in a Disney movie that's made for Tomorrowland: Meet the Robinsons.

George Lucas on a Bench

This is another disappointment and a waste of resources. I assume this will involve tired uninspired crate/barrel theming cluttering up our classic park and a juvenile "game" involving holding a card up to a reader and some sort of crummy "interactive" feature?

Does the concept art show people shooting at the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse?

Probably not, but that would actually be accurate since the Swiss Family Robinson fought off pirates.

Bairstow

This is another disappointment and a waste of resources. I assume this will involve tired uninspired crate/barrel theming cluttering up our classic park and a juvenile "game" involving holding a card up to a reader and some sort of crummy "interactive" feature?

I take it you're not that enthralled with the current Scavenger Quest type "attractions" Disney is building right now, but in my eyes most of these things have actually been elaborate field tests and case studies as to how truly interactive theme park experiences can work in the future. Disney is way behind the curve when it comes to interactive game/attraction development and projects like this are an effort to leap ahead.

bhg469

I love that its more agent p and less sorcerers! Sorcerers was so bad in comparison as in the interaction. I loved the elements that came alive in world showcase and would love more of these especially looking forward to one in dak.

Obi Walt Kenobi

We are planning on trying Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom when we go in March. I'm excited about trying it , and if this is open by then it sounds fun too and if it's not, no worries I won't do it again.

bkgrim

Wow. This has not even started up and people are bashing WDW attempt to add to the park. I love playing these games and I think it's a great idea. Yes I would love a new ride but this is a great addition to give the park goer something new to do.

devoy1701

Wow. This has not even started up and people are bashing WDW attempt to add to the park. I love playing these games and I think it's a great idea. Yes I would love a new ride but this is a great addition to give the park goer something new to do.

it's when these interactive things come in lieu of new attractions then it becomes an issue worth criticizing. Adventureland/Frontierland are in desperate need a new "real" attraction...along with with World Showcase mind you, who's last addition was another one of these interactive distractions...

AndyS2992

how about a real attraction being removed from Adventureland...*cough* Aladdin's Magic Crapfest *cough*...

I'm not for removing anything from the Magic Kingdom unless it is Stitch. I like the Aladdin ride and not exactly sure why others don't. Ok, it's another spinner but so what? It tilts and squirts water. The others do not do this. I think it fits well with it's surroundings so why remove it? Would you guys prefer a large empty space? :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom