A new Disney park - with no place for it to go?!

mharrington

Original Poster
I have been thinking of doing another Disney park, but I can't think of any place to put it. It is based on the Shanghai park, in that it has some unique concepts, such as an International Street standing in for Main Street (and being home to Small World and Soarin') and a huge Adventureland-type area that also encompasses some Frontierland elements. I was thinking of putting it in Germany, where some people have attempted to put it in, but with its proximity to France, it doesn't seem particularly feasible. Another place I was thinking of was Brazil, which may seem a little more doable, mainly because it has no parks at all yet, but due to various problems with that country (as well as WDW's Brazilian clientele), that may seem a little difficult to do. And I really want to avoid the Asian/Pacific area, mainly because it's inundated with parks already (so no Australia).

So I really don't know where to put this park. One reason why I had wanted to put the park in question in Germany is to have German language all over (not unlike Paris with its French language or Shanghai with its Chinese).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mharrington

Original Poster
I think South America is a good idea, but probably not Brazil.

Well, unfortunately, there's really no place else to put it, certainly not without disrupting the continent's natural beauty or indigenous peoples (both under continuous threat as it is). Rio at least has a party atmosphere, so Brazil's got that going for it.

mharrington

Original Poster
Perhaps Dubai, unless you would like to avoid Middle-Eastern controversies.

How about South Africa? It would put a Disney Park on a 4th continent and be something different than the go to ones like Australia and Brazil

In the case of the Middle East, it's one of the most dangerous places to be right now, I think. Not only is there terrorism rampant, but there's also the extreme heat in the area.

And then there's one of my main criteria for choosing a country: namely, the release of Disney films in that country. I had found and accumulated a mountain of information on the release of Disney films in many countries, like France and Japan. Here are some examples of release dates of the first five films in France and Japan:

1) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:
France: May 4, 1938
Japan: September 26, 1950

2) Pinocchio
France: May 22, 1946
Japan: May 17, 1952

3) Fantasia
France: November 6, 1946
Japan: September 23, 1955

4) Dumbo
France: October 9, 1947
Japan: March 12, 1954

5) Bambi
France: April 28, 1948
Japan: May 26, 1951

However, I haven't found enough information on Disney films released in the countries you all have suggested to weigh in. And when I say Disney films, I mean classic Disney films (as in, before "The Little Mermaid"). For example, I haven't found very much information at all about the United Arab Emirates, where Dubai is. As for South Africa, the only information I can find is that "Fantasia" was allegedly released in that country on June 29, 1961. That's really about it.

spacemt354

Chili's
And then there's one of my main criteria for choosing a country: namely, the release of Disney films in that country.
Ah, well if this is one of your main criteria, and you don't want it in Asia, I'm not sure where else you can put it other than in the US or at least the North American continent.

Perhaps UK Disneyland - as the UK would be the only other option that draws consistent Box Office other than countries that already have Disney Parks in them.

But on the other hand, Disney World benefits from from UK visitors, so building a park in the UK may saturate those guests.

mharrington

Original Poster
Ah, well if this is one of your main criteria, and you don't want it in Asia, I'm not sure where else you can put it other than in the US or at least the North American continent.

I don't want to inundate North America, either.

Perhaps UK Disneyland - as the UK would be the only other option that draws consistent Box Office other than countries that already have Disney Parks in them.

But on the other hand, Disney World benefits from from UK visitors, so building a park in the UK may saturate those guests.

Not only does WDW benefit from UK guests, but so does the Paris resort, I believe. Speaking of which, on this website called "Distance Calculator", you can look up distances from one place to another. I had looked up the distance between Hong Kong and Shanghai: it is 762 miles from one to another. Meanwhile, from Paris to, say, Berlin takes about 545 miles. Bear in mind, it's the theoretical air distance (great circle distance).

I even did a search on territorial entities where German is a spoken language, but they're all in Europe and in or close to Germany proper. By contrast, there are far more territorial entities where English, Spanish and French are their respective official languages (in Asia, Africa, Pacific Islands, the Caribbeans, etc.).

spacemt354

Chili's
I don't want to inundate North America, either.

Not only does WDW benefit from UK guests, but so does the Paris resort, I believe. Speaking of which, on this website called "Distance Calculator", you can look up distances from one place to another. I had looked up the distance between Hong Kong and Shanghai: it is 762 miles from one to another. Meanwhile, from Paris to, say, Berlin takes about 545 miles. Bear in mind, it's the theoretical air distance (great circle distance).

I even did a search on territorial entities where German is a spoken language, but they're all in Europe and in or close to Germany proper. By contrast, there are far more territorial entities where English, Spanish and French are their respective official languages (in Asia, Africa, Pacific Islands, the Caribbeans, etc.).
Well, it all depends on what you're most interested in.

As you've said really anywhere in Europe is too close to Disneyland Paris (and that's suffering as it is).

Asia has 3 Disney Resorts, Dlp gave a good reason to put a 4th over there, however you've said you don't want it in Asia or North America.

In your opening post, you cancelled out Australia, but, the closest park from Sydney, Australia would be Hong Kong Disneyland at 4,587 miles away.

Australia is its own continent so that may be something to consider - it checks off all your criteria.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom